Hal's Great Cave Offensive

Photo

HGCO Update #8: Locked and Loaded (Magic Charging + Q&A)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

c2LALVQ.png

Remember when I posted this sucker? Yeah, 7 months ago. Well, enough getting sidetracked and messing around; now let's get to it. In reality, this update should have been up 6 months ago at the very latest but between getting sidetracked, ZURPG work, University work and depression; I completely let this fall by the wayside. All for hoping that I keep myself geared up and plow through the remaining content for the demo's release and get it done within a couple of months time if I am lucky

That said, lets get to business right here and right now. This screenshot here is of Hal here performing the Magic Charge ability. By performing the Magic Charge, Hal obtains a slew of strong and powerful moves to use as part of his already large arsenal of abilities; of which include the very powerful Hurricane Spin.

H236txO.png
Hurricane Spin, cutting a swathe through enemies

With powerful moves like Hurricane Spin easily at your disposal through the Magic Charge, it makes sense to have a drawback to match. Well, in order to perform the Magic Charge, it costs a Magic Crystal. These things aren't exactly common drops, particularly in the early stages of the game.
In order to perform the Magic Charge, you hold down the R button for 1.5 seconds; after then a Magic Crystal is consumed and then you can execute a charged move. The charge then remains for 3 seconds, until you make a charged attack or until you get hit; afterwards you recover your Magic Crystal if you haven't used the charge. In order to execute a Magic Charged move, you simply use an item that has a Magic Charged move and away you go!
But how do you know which items have Magic Charged moves? Well, simply open your handy dandy Scripted Subscreen and move over to the Data tab...

6YQghzi.png
Note that Hurricane Spin still requires you to charge your sword afterwards

When you have one or more Magic Crystal containers, items that can use Magic Charged moves are marked with an R. If you hold R on one of said items, the R mark glows yellow and then the game shows you the description of that item's Magic Charged move. Very handy for checking out what the Magic Charged attacks do.

Anyways, while I am here, I will also cover another screenshot I unveiled earlier and briefly explain what happens here:

rhNJpeI.png
Hal meets a mysterious man. It appears he is guarding one of the Essences Hal needs on his quest to escape the Koholint underground

This mysterious man appears in the demo and you encounter him here, seeming to guard one of the essences and to guard the gate. This, which is the first screen to be showcased in this quest, is a very important location for reasons that one will discover at the end of this encounter.

With that, this is the end of this portion of the update.

-------------------

On addition. This is likely to be the last full update to be made before the demo's release.
During this time, you all may ask questions relating to the project in this thread and I shall answer them when I have the time to answer them.

Note that last full update =/= last bit of information to post before the demo, so keep your eyes out for random screenshots or tidbits of information that I might post from time to time.

Edited by Orithan, 29 November 2017 - 02:28 PM.

• Eddy, Jenny, Jared and 3 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

Been wondering what's happened with this over the last few months. Seems like it's going into the realms of AR3 Development Hell :P

But anyways, nice to see more stuff is being worked on here. I might give the demo a try when it's done, but yeah good luck on the rest of the project! Seems like you have a lot of cool stuff going on here.

• Shane and Jared like this

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

No questions I can really think of, but this quest is looking pretty great.

Keep it up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users