• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#76 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Rem @ Jan 22 2011, 04:47 AM) View Post
Both of the users are on hiatus, so I think it's safe to say the same for the project. That said, I'm looking forward to when this gets completed.
Completed? I'm not sure if I should really be the person to do this, but... from what I understood from Sheik, he's not doing this anymore without Joe, and... well, he's not doing it anymore either.

#77 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(Galactic President Superstar Mc @ Jan 22 2011, 05:38 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Rem @ Jan 22 2011, 04:47 AM) View Post
Both of the users are on hiatus, so I think it's safe to say the same for the project. That said, I'm looking forward to when this gets completed.
Completed? I'm not sure if I should really be the person to do this, but... from what I understood from Sheik, he's not doing this anymore without Joe, and... well, he's not doing it anymore either.

Pretty much, Robin.
I never was anything more than the creative mind behind this (like I told you a million times by now icon_razz.gif). I never got around more than the planning, plot, mapping, spriting. Every single game mechanic was set up by Joe, I mostly just said what I wished the game to work like and he made it happen.
At the moment I do not think that I will return to work on this (which isn't exactly that fatal for the game, 'cause almost everything was already planned and mapped out, but without Joe there's no one to set the game up, thus I don't think that this will ever get finished. Joe could've done it without me, but it doesn't work the other way 'round. And with both of us "retireing" (yes, the word again, Radien icon_wink.gif) there's no one working on this project and thus I'd call it caceled.
Also, I don't know wether Joe wants to release what we've already made. It's not exactly playable actually (as it's still more or less "only" the engine). If he wants to, I won't be the one to stop him from doing so. He shall decide that himself.

#78 Avaro

Avaro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

icon_frown.gif
This would have been a great game! It's just sad, that the greatest games are canceled, and that the best scripter is retiring.
To be honest, I knew that this won't be finished. It's just too epic to be true. I would love to play a quest with this DekuLeaf, so
I hope Joe will release that script.

Ich wünsch dir noch viel Glück mit was auch immer du in Zukunft machst. Ich kann mir vorstellen, dass es hart ist,
dieses Game aufzuhören und damit viele Menschen zu enttäuschen.

What about this Quest Projekt Forum? The Bermuda Productions have no member anymore.

Edited by Avataro, 22 January 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#79 Adem

Adem

Water Lizard

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Ah, it was more wistful thinking than anything. icon_razz.gif

#80 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

More things are being canceled?!?!
Noo!
THP and now this?? *cry*

#81 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Sheik91 @ Jan 22 2011, 02:51 AM) View Post

'cause almost everything was already planned and mapped out, but without Joe there's no one to set the game up, thus I don't think that this will ever get finished.

Wait, if everything is mapped out and planned, couldn't you hand the project over to somebody else to finish? Being finished under somebody else's direction is better than never being finished, right?

#82 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

I agree with Russ, especially hardcore fans that you KNOW will finish the work.

#83 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 22 2011, 09:01 PM) View Post

Wait, if everything is mapped out and planned, couldn't you hand the project over to somebody else to finish? Being finished under somebody else's direction is better than never being finished, right?

Also, I don't know wether Joe wants to release what we've already made. It's not exactly playable actually (as it's still more or less "only" the engine). If he wants to, I won't be the one to stop him from doing so. He shall decide that himself.

Talk to Joe about that. I'm not totally into that idea, but I'm not totally against it either. However, I'm not going to spend time explaining the game/plot to someone else, 'cause I do not have this time on my hands. If someone was going to finish the quest s/he would have to make whatever s/he wants out of what is there. Get a copy of the game from Joe when you catch him.
Besides, I don't even have the stuff on my computer anymore, but Joe rather surely has.

Avataro, danke für die netten Worte. Ich werde demnächst mein Jura-Studium beginnen. Das wird sehr zeitintensiv sein und da ich außerdem noch ein soziales Leben führen möchte wird darin keine Zeit mehr für Videospiele sein. Ich habe ja auch noch andere Hobbys wie Literatur, Kunst, Geschichte, Psychologie und Philosophie die sehr zeitaufwendig sind. Es ist einer seits Schade, dass das hier vorbei ist, aber andrer seits ist es auch eine Last, die von mir abfällt.

#84 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

Do you guys think you release some things like the Deku Leaf and the cutting grass boomerang scripts?

#85 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

No, I wouldn't be happy for anyone else to finish this quest.
If I get round to it at some point (which is perhaps unlikely) I'll post a link to the quest file up. It'll require quite a lot of scripting knowledge to actually use any of the scripts though because they're very interlinked.

#86 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

Seems like everything's that needed to be said is said. I'll lock this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users