Photo

Zelda Classic 2.55 Alpha 1 (Official, Preliminary)

Necromancer 2.55

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#16 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:37 AM

Could the item dropset editor be expanded by an extra page or two? I would love to have more than two pages.

#17 cbailey78

cbailey78

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

Closing the Tile Editor, Picking the tile/sprite GFX in Item/Enemy editors hangs for 6 seconds.

#18 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

I Just opened my quest file into the editor.  It loads up but it cannot save and gets an error, why is that?

The quest, It is saved in the basic Zelda classic editor from the website for windows 2.50 etc  

from here:  

https://www.zeldacla...com/downloads/   

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 15 December 2018 - 10:15 PM.

#19 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:38 PM

strange, is normal that the autosave don't work when you load a quest made in a different version, but once you save it,  it should work fine, try to "save as" whit another name or simply in another folder whitout change name

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#20 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

I Just opened my quest file into the editor.  It loads up but it cannot save and gets an error, why is that?

The quest, It is saved in the basic Zelda classic editor from the website for windows 2.50 etc  
from here:  

I'll test it when I have a chance. What error does it give you? Screenshot?

I've saved a large number of older quests using 2.55, with no issues.

#21 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

from here:  

Please send the quest file to me that you are using.

Also, I'll be posting about this soon, but here's 2.55 Alpha 5. This entirely replaces 2.55 Alpha 1, from October.

#22 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:15 AM

Oh i just tried something. I exported all my resource files and stuff out of my project and data and loaded into an older file that did work in the editor, 

Now it works fine with all my latest data loaded into it plus map data, ... Nevermind everything is fine now. Thank you anyways guys.* 

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 December 2018 - 04:16 AM.

#23 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Oh i just tried something. I exported all my resource files and stuff out of my project and data and loaded into an older file that did work in the editor, 

Now it works fine with all my latest data loaded into it plus map data, ... Nevermind everything is fine now. Thank you anyways guys.* 

I can't explain that at present.

We're actually up to Alpha 9, if you want the latest build.

I'll be making a new thread for 2.55 soon, after I finish a few other tid-bits.

What's New

item scripts that can run for more than one frame (based on a QR toggle)

lweapon scripts

eweapon scripts

npc scripts

link scripts

dmapdata scripts

Larger stacks (1024 registers), which equates to 4x the number of maximum registers in use, and/or 4x the number of global vars.

Robust Module System for ZC and for ZQuest.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Closing the Tile Editor, Picking the tile/sprite GFX in Item/Enemy editors hangs for 6 seconds.

We fixed that in a newer build.

Could the item dropset editor be expanded by an extra page or two? I would love to have more than two pages.

I could probably do that, but it's a low priority.

#24 Dark Linkael

Dark Linkael

Kasuto

• Members

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

I found some errors in the tiles.

Since the tile 65536 (Page 252)

"Grab" does not work, but "Leech" normally work.
Animation of a combo from the tile 65536 does not work.

#25 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

Question Zoria? Can you make more over layers? Give us 455 maps
or at least
New Timed over layers, sorta works like 'timed warps' where it flashes the overlayer image from one map to another maps image to make it look like an over layer is moving or animated?

The timed overlayer your character walks under changes maps it is 'used or assigned from' then cycles through them and repeats the process. -where it says in data-
- this map and several others are all using this as over layer, the data of maps assigned to changes at sudden second intervals.

If you had data on in the map editor you could see just how fast, it its cycling by the data changing constantly in a loop in the editor.

Timed seconds you can make it fast or slower depending on the number entered.
If the data uses over layer from map 1 then from map 2 etc it cycles map 1 over layer to image map 2 overlayer and repeats itself timed intervals.

This could work for making new interesting bosses easily, where if a character slashes a block or point on an over layer that is cycling images, a number of given times,
it changes to the next line of overlayer images, timed animation commands, a required number of times.

An auto matic built in message tree in the editor that goes to the next command, if character hits with weapon or item a block being ground level or overhead, a given number of times.

if a character waits too long to hit a block spot as a timer counter is set. It reverts back to the first pattern of over layers the boss image is using. There are two timers next to each other, one for over layer image speed time cycling and one for time until block is hit or item used.

It is extremely hard to script for me. Something simple like that could help developers heavily jump up to making awesome boss fights in a day outside the editors Normal boss monsters.

This is a tool the ZC editor badly needs, if it could run outside the editor even attached to Zelda classic editor like an extra appendage as it runs just like 2.55 is doing, with that weird black screen, that would be great, like an extra outside organ to zelda classic simplizing programming/scripting at high levels, as a decoder maybe perhaps.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 December 2018 - 09:16 PM.

#26 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

455 maps

Why?

#27 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:00 AM

Question Zoria? Can you make more over layers? Give us 455 maps
or at least

Do you mean 455 (would be 511) maps, or are you asking for 455 layers?

Increasing the max map count wouldn't be a problem. Expanding layer mechanics, would not belong in 2.55. 

There's already too much to test, and debug, without taking apart layers--and draw enqueuing-and trying to put it back together again with drastic revisions.

That said, for some future version, I'll probably add real background layers, and expand foreground layers to 10; so you'd have -10 to +10. Just, not now.

If I et around to adding a flag to make layers invisible, then perhaps a visibility timer would work, but there are drastic technical problems with adding random variables to map screens--because of the exponential bloat of the quest size, and the ZC/ZQ memory usage, with every bit that you add. 

Right now, every bit that you add to a screen, adds a possible 34,680 bits to all three. Adding six layer visibility flags, and six timers, would add a potential 6,936,000 bits to the file size, and all memory usage. Not too terrible (867KB), but I'm leery about adding even more random stuff into MAPSCR without sufficient reason to do that, in this version.

The minimum quest size is already 1MB now. I haven't tested what'll happen if you fill all tile banks, and have max maps, but the issue with MAPSCR is why I'll never add InitD labels to the FFC editor (but perhaps, in some other way). 

Also, please try to keep feature requests in their own posts, not cluttered into a thread for an older build. I can pretty much promise that I won't go digging back through every thread to try to find them, when the time comes to consider adding more stuff. 

• ShadowTiger and SkyLizardGirl like this

#28 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

Also, please try to keep feature requests in their own posts, not cluttered into a thread for an older build. I can pretty much promise that I won't go digging back through every thread to try to find them, when the time comes to consider adding more stuff. 

I was talking about New build you were working on though.

Why?

The limit of 255 maps. At least 355? ..if not 455.  :/

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 03 January 2019 - 07:23 PM.

#29 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:59 AM

I was talking about New build you were working on though.

The limit of 255 maps. At least 355? ..if not 455.  :/

It's 255 because the variable for the DMap's MAP is a byte (value range 0->255).

If I increase it, it;ll be at least a short int, although if people make 1GB quests because of this, don't expect the people on PZC or zc.com to host them.

In any case, please make feature requests in their own thread, not in a build thread; and particularly not in an outdated build thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromancer, 2.55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users