Expo Submissions Open!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

PureZC Fall 2017 Expo

Hey everyone! Submissions for the 2017 Fall Expo are now open! The Expo is a showcase of our member's Zelda Classic projects. The whole idea behind the Expo is to allow members to show off their hard work and receive constructive feedback while also showing members what kind of content they can expect to see in the future.

If you are interested and wish to submit an Expo entry, all you have to do is make a topic within this forum. The format for your topic is very flexible, as part of the point is to come up with a good and creative layout to show off your content to the fullest. Once you post your topic, it will automatically be hidden from view. Therefore, before you submit, please read the rest of the information in this topic to make sure your submission abides by the guidelines. Additionally, please preview and proofread your post to make sure everything looks good on your end before you click "Post".

Allowed Expo Submission Content

• Quest projects and work-in-progress tilesets
  • Quests and tilesets completed since January 1st, 2017
  • New scripts, music, etc.

Keep in mind that we are pretty flexible in terms of what you can submit to the Expo, so don't let the above list restrict you. If your submitted content is not allowed, we will let you know. If you are not sure that your content is allowed in the Expo, you may contact either Aevin or myself, or post a reply in this thread.

Things To Keep In Mind As You Are Creating Your Submission

• You are allowed to make multiple Expo submissions if you so choose.
  • PureZC will host up to 10 images for each submission. Simply link your images within your post using an external image hosting site such as imgur, and we will move them to PureZC's hosting for you. You are allowed to have more than 10 images, but those beyond the first 10 will have to be hosted on another site.
  • Similarly, PureZC will host only 1 quest demo per submission. You can link your demo using something like Dropbox, and it will be moved for you. If your demo uses Enhanced Music, it must be linked separately from the demo itself as the music will not be moved over to PureZC's hosting.
  • If you post your submission and realize you've made a mistake, you may contact either Aevin or myself for small edits. If you want to make major changes, simply create another submission and we will replace it for you.
  • Hide your signature to make things look more professional. ;)
  • Although it is not required, feel free to include a submission poll for people to easily review your content. Additionally, you can include questions to get people to give you specific feedback. Remember, this is your submission, so format it the way you want!

Submission Deadline: Saturday, October 28th, at 11:59pm EST
Expo Opening: Saturday, November 4th

EST stands for Eastern Standard Time. If you are unsure what time that correlates to in your timezone, simply Google "11:59pm EST" and Google will automatically convert the time to your specific timezone.

Once the Expo opens, all submissions will be viewable in this forum! Big thank you to Aevin for setting up all of that and handling other technical things! We hope everyone will participate in viewing what's in store this year as well as providing constructive feedback to help support the developers!

Lastly, thank you for reading, and we hope you all have a great time with this year's Expo! We can't wait to see what everyone will submit! If you have any questions or concerns, you may write a post in this topic or contact either Aevin or myself. :)

• Neptune, Anthus, FireSeraphim and 7 others like this

#2 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Bringing (Richter) Belmont back!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

Dimentio and I are probably going to have an official expo demo for Hyrule Fantasy. HF has improved a lot since the expo from last year!

• Eddy, Jared, WindRobe and 4 others like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

Maybe AR3 could make a return? We'll see...

Definitely looking forward to seeing the entries for this year, I always get excited when these events come along :P

• FireSeraphim, Shane, Jared and 3 others like this

#4 Avataro

Quest maker xD

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

Well, lemmy just change my "I won't submit anything" vote to "I'm unsure". I just changed my mind. Maybe I'll have something. Its not usually a good idea to work on something just for the expo, but my idea is to finish zscript havoc. Looking forward to getting back into ZC after like a 1-2 months break.

• Eddy, Jared, Aevin and 2 others like this

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

I must have missed this topic being posted somehow. I've got two demos mostly ready; just need to make appropriate screenshots for them and create the thread.

Shouldn't be too long before I do; though since I have some time before the deadline I may want to add a few new features first.

• WindRobe and David like this

#6 Avataro

Quest maker xD

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

I must have missed this topic being posted somehow. I've got two demos mostly ready; just need to make appropriate screenshots for them and create the thread.

Shouldn't be too long before I do; though since I have some time before the deadline I may want to add a few new features first.

It has only been revealed since yesterday, even though the thread was posted before that.

• David likes this

#7 Anthus

Anthus

The wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Contributors

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

Obligatory "I'm interested and want to submit something but probably won't" post.

I'm looking forward to it though as I always do. I really do want to show off some stuff though. We'll see. I still love looking at what everyone else is working on and that's why these expos are so fun.
  • WindRobe, David and Naru like this

#8 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

Whoop whoop!

As soon as I get my hands back on the files for An Item Fantasy, I'm gonna touch up a demo for this. And also actually work on it.

Also, the Zelda NSF and maybe my generic RPG NSF.

• David likes this

#9 a30502355

a30502355

Hi

• Members

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'm probably not going to submit anything.

But if I do, expect it to be the last second. 

EDIT: And about that rule about submitting full quests released before January 1st. Is it heavily enforced? Because I'm about 85% done with my project, and will probably finish it before the expo. I want to showcase my full quest.

Edited by a30502355, 13 September 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#10 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

EDIT: And about that rule about submitting full quests released before January 1st. Is it heavily enforced? Because I'm about 85% done with my project, and will probably finish it before the expo. I want to showcase my full quest.

That rule is for quests released after January 1st, not before.

• Adem and David like this

#11 Jared

Jared

Boop

• Members

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

I wonder if anyone is interested...but I will be entering. This is my first project in YEARS that I feel comfortable showing off. Do I still have a fanbase? I guess we'll see. :P

• Anthus, Eddy, WindRobe and 2 others like this

#12 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Submitted my first project to the expo! It's as done as it is likely to get prior to then; though that might change if I get more ideas in the meantime.

Now, to get back to work on my other stuff and get it done in time too.

• Jared, WindRobe, David and 1 other like this

#13 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

Hey everyone! Just a friendly reminder that all expo submissions are due exactly one month from now! Looking forward to what will be submitted as the deadline approaches. :)

• Neptune, Shane, Jared and 2 others like this

#14 Anthus

Anthus

The wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Contributors

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

I'm not going to count on having a demo ready but I'd like to at least show one of my projects. If you've been following my recent screens, you can probably guess what it is. :P

Don't worry, there are non-lava areas too.
  • Jared, David and Naru like this

#15 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

JMC

• Members

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

I submitted something.

• Shane, Eddy, Aevin and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users