Release Announcement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

By now I feel pretty confident I can announce a release date for this project! After some long breaks and finishing up NTCC, I've done quite a bit of work on Ballad of a Bloodline Deluxe again.

? of November 2017

At least, that is what I'm aiming for, because the original BB was released 9 years ago on that exact date.

I'm pretty far in development now, but I'm mainly looking for betatesters! Betatesting will probably start next month, so please let me know if you're interested in it.

Stay tuned for the next update! :bounce:

Edited by Twilight Knight, 16 October 2017 - 11:19 AM.

• Neppy, DarkFlameSheep, judasrising and 5 others like this

#2 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

By now I feel pretty confident I can announce a release date for this project! After some long breaks and finishing up NTCC, I've done quite a bit of work on Ballad of a Bloodline Deluxe again.

14th of November 2017

At least, that is what I'm aiming for, because the original BB was released 9 years ago on that exact date.

I'm pretty far in development now, but I'm mainly looking for betatesters! Betatesting will probably start next month, so please let me know if you're interested in it.

Stay tuned for the next update! :bounce:

Count me in as a betatester :bounce:

This is the only quest in BB series i never tested so this is my chance to do it with BBDX...

Edited by judasrising, 04 September 2017 - 01:43 PM.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#3 CDi-Fails

CDi-Fails

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

I'd be up for some beta testing, seeing as how I have a good history of breaking whatever is given to me. The quest also looks pretty neat, would love to try it out.

#4 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

Make sure to send Jubbz a copy to betatest :3

#5 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

@judasrising: This is your chance, haha! Thanks for applying!

@CDi-Fails: Your help will be very welcome, thanks for applying!

@Fiyaball: I do not know who Jubbz is exactly (I've heard his name), but I think he would need to apply for that himself, right?  :P

#6 vaualbus

vaualbus

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

Count me as beta tester like when i did it for ntcc

#7 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:50 AM

I just notice, a bit late. If you don't forcibly rush, it sounds great.

I apply for a betatester. But if I should have any big problem in real life, I mightn't play enough.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 15 September 2017 - 06:42 AM.

• judasrising and Twilight Knight like this

#8 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

I've already stated that I'd be glad to help as a beta tester, and that hasn't changed.  If you're still in need of some, please look my way :)

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

Sure thing! Betatesting has already started, but more help is always welcome. I'll send you a PM.

• WindRobe likes this

#10 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

oh very nice cant wait till its released day :)

#11 DBDjango

DBDjango

• Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

If you're still looking for beta-testers, I'd be happy to help, just like with NTCC before.

#12 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Of course, DBDjango! I will send you a PM about it soon.

I must say, there are enough betatesters now. Surely the quest cannot be tested too many times, but I'm sure I have a good team here!

Edited by Twilight Knight, 08 October 2017 - 11:20 AM.

• WindRobe likes this

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

A status update:

I can't manage to release BBDX on November the 14th, so I'll have to postpone the deadline. I'm working on the final boss right now, while testing is in progress on the rest of the quest. But I want to give it another full playthrough before the release as well. Besides that, me coming up with new things to add all the time and putting much more effort into redesigning the bosses than I intended, cause some delay as well.  :heh:  And of course I have school, work, hobbies and a social life to maintain and enjoy.

So I'm going to have the postpone the deadline to a more suitable date, which I don't know yet. It's of course my own fault for setting a deadline in the first place. But I must say, this all contributes to the end result, because I'm making the quest better than I imagined.

I hope you guys don't mind too much, luckily the fall expo occurs around the same time (4th of November), I'm sure there will be fun things to play in there!

• Anthus, WindRobe and Lüt like this

#14 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:26 AM

So I'm going to have the postpone the deadline to a more suitable date, which I don't know yet. It's of course my own fault for setting a deadline in the first place. But I must say, this all contributes to the end result, because I'm making the quest better than I imagined.

The thing I find about setting deadlines is that, no matter how often I fail them, I still get more done in trying to attain them than I ever would have gotten done without them.

So as much as I'm used to announcements like these, I still think failed deadlines can be more productive than no deadlines, despite whatever unmet expectations may come with them.

In other words, this is still a good update to me.

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

I agree, the deadline made me much more productive this last month. What also helped, was betatesters giving feedback in the meantime, that also made me more motivated I think.

Anyway, I do think I could make the original deadline, but it would be at the cost of having bugs in the quest. So you guys can expect it in late November instead.

• WindRobe and Lüt like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users