Moosh NPC Help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2021 - 04:20 PM

When Importing Moosh's NPC Script into ZQuest it comes up with 9 "TMP" Errors. Am I importing the script incorrectly? Are you suppost to add something at the end of the script? For context the Script just has the Import "std.zh" and the entirety of Moosh's script copied and pasted at the end. It would be cool to get some help  :)  :)  :)

• Lightwulf likes this

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:11 PM

It would be best to screenshot the exact compiler errors that are being generated - that'll help us see what's going on.
  • Lightwulf likes this

#3 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

How do I post an Image on here?

• Lightwulf likes this

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:00 PM

Upload it to an image-hosting site (imgur or similar) then put the image link in a post.
  • Lightwulf likes this

#5 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:29 PM

Upload it to an image-hosting site (imgur or similar) then put the image link in a post.

https://ibb.co/F49mLBf

• Lightwulf likes this

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:33 PM

You need to import ffcscript.zh as well - put the following line at the top of your file, at the same place you import std.zh:

import "ffcscript.zh"

• Lightwulf likes this

#7 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:48 PM

Thank you so much  :D  :D  :D

• Mitchfork and Lightwulf like this

#8 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:43 PM

Oh, I have another problem. My NPC's, no matter how hard I try won't be solid. 

• Lightwulf likes this

#9 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:13 AM

FFCs aren't solid by nature.  When I've used FFCs before, I set the FFC over a solid unwalkable combo.  It's been a while, and I don't know everything about FFCs, but that's my experience.

I don't know how to make walking FFCs/NPCs solid...  How are you placing them?

• DietWater likes this

#10 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:27 AM

In recent 2.55 alphas, if you go to the "Flags" tab of an FFC, you can mark it solid.

In 2.53 and earlier, you have to either make a copy of every combo you want to place an FFC on and edit the walkability to be solid (click the appropriate pink squares in the second box of the combo properties), or make solid transparent combos to place on layer 1 or 2.

Personally I prefer placing transparent combos on layers, because you only need to make a small batch of them one time, and then they'll cover every possible scene you can make afterward.

For reference, this is the collection I make in any tileset that doesn't already have them:

zq-walkabilityblocks.png

This will cover every possible walkability option on an 8x8 grid. Technically the 2nd-to-last one isn't necessary, but it's the one I use for all my other "blank" combo needs.

• Lightwulf likes this

#11 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:09 AM

In recent 2.55 alphas, if you go to the "Flags" tab of an FFC, you can mark it solid.

In 2.53 and earlier, you have to either make a copy of every combo you want to place an FFC on and edit the walkability to be solid (click the appropriate pink squares in the second box of the combo properties), or make solid transparent combos to place on layer 1 or 2.

Personally I prefer placing transparent combos on layers, because you only need to make a small batch of them one time, and then they'll cover every possible scene you can make afterward.

For reference, this is the collection I make in any tileset that doesn't already have them:

zq-walkabilityblocks.png

This will cover every possible walkability option on an 8x8 grid. Technically the 2nd-to-last one isn't necessary, but it's the one I use for all my other "blank" combo needs.

That is what I usually do when making NPC's, however I'm making an NPC that blocks you from going into a certain area until you get the sword when he disappears. 

#12 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:55 AM

OK, so how exactly does he disappear then?

Because you could tie a secret trigger/carryover to the item pickup, so that the solid combos on layer 1 are replaced with walkable combos when the secret triggers. That's also how I clear invisible barriers, but it would cause overcomplication if you also have other secrets on the screen.

#13 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:29 PM

OK, so how exactly does he disappear then?

Because you could tie a secret trigger/carryover to the item pickup, so that the solid combos on layer 1 are replaced with walkable combos when the secret triggers. That's also how I clear invisible barriers, but it would cause overcomplication if you also have other secrets on the screen.

The specific script that I'm using (Moosh's NPC Script) Let's me insert an Item ID that once I pick up the Item with that ID the NPC disappears 

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:03 PM

In the full NPC script, one of the FFC input variables (D5) determines solidity. Is that set correctly?

#15 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:14 PM

Both 0 and 1 on D5 still result in the FFC remaining not solid. I'm pretty sure it's not with the the walkability on the combo I'm using as I tested it with and without it. The only thing that I haven't tested (From what I know) are the "Constants" which I don't know how to set those up, or what they are in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users