• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

I don't know what to say. I know for fact that I despise Knuckle's new design. But I'm mixed about the others. The dialogue also feels a little too silly for my tastes.

#32 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

I have a theory.

Perhaps they were all just kids in all the previous incarnations. Perhaps this is what the Sonic crew would look like if they were more grown up.

I didn't say it was a good theory. :)

#33 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Well, if I'm remembering right, Sonic was 16 and Tails was 12 for most of the series. It would make sense if they want them to be older now, given that they got an older sounding voice actor for Sonic and all. But the dialogue doesn't really seem to suggest that; if anything, they've all just gotten less mature.

#34 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Posted over at tSR...made me lol.

Bf0aB4QIcAAi5NZ.jpg

2100:

6cd1c49b528d9e92fe56c55c1e8d6621.jpg

• nicklegends, strike and Evan20000 like this

#35 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

2100:
6cd1c49b528d9e92fe56c55c1e8d6621.jpg

Sonic: War of the Lost Worlds

#36 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I am happy that they will release in tv show, but in game, Idk.  i might get it.  Unless game is good.

#37 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Well, if I'm remembering right, Sonic was 16 and Tails was 12 for most of the series. It would make sense if they want them to be older now, given that they got an older sounding voice actor for Sonic and all. But the dialogue doesn't really seem to suggest that; if anything, they've all just gotten less mature.

In some cases, childish banter is more common in adults. Take myself for instance, I have a habit of acting differently than my age would suggest, as anybody on these boards have surely witnessed on several occasions. :P
  • Haylee likes this

#38 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Huh.  They released another trailer, and it seems like they've tweaked the character designs a little bit. Take a look.
  • Kite, Haylee and DaLink like this

#39 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Oh neat. Rouge is topping Knuckles for the most drastic redesign award in that redesign done by the Bubsy 3D team. :)

But seriously, this does make me kind of wonder if Sonic Boom will slide in any of the other characters in somewhat typical Sonic fashion. :P

#40 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Huh.  They released another trailer, and it seems like they've tweaked the character designs a little bit. Take a look.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3198201856/h01E118CE/

Edited by DaLink, 20 February 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#41 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

It's probably the weird angles that seem to exist a lot with Sonic the Hedgehog (his face in particular was pretty hard to transition into 3D), but staring at the eyes in some of the artwork for Sonic in Sonic Boom is starting to remind me of this:

BWXdjW0.gif

• Rambly likes this

#42 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

It's probably the weird angles that seem to exist a lot with Sonic the Hedgehog (his face in particular was pretty hard to transition into 3D), but staring at the eyes in some of the artwork for Sonic in Sonic Boom is starting to remind me of this:

BWXdjW0.gif

Derpy  3D Sonic returns!

#43 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Super Thread Revival time.

Time to drink our problems away. This game looks atrocious in its current state:

#44 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

The only thing I hate is the dialogue and voice-acting. Once upon a time, I kinda wanted Sonic and crew to talk during the levels again like during the Adventure era. Now I realize that was a mistake. Hard to believe these are the official voice actors. I... sigh.

Game still looks fun otherwise, if not maybe a bit repetitive.

#45 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

Nothing seems to flow right... the movement looks awkward, the voice acting is jarring, the retro sound effects clash with the orchestrated music, the UI is distracting ("1 hits!")... I hope I'm wrong in the long run, but this game looks pretty disappointing. Maybe the game play is better than it seems.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Series, Video Game, Wii U, 3DS, Cartoon Network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users