Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

I submitted too :)

• Shane likes this

#1487 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

Congtratulations to the winner of Screenshot of the Week 711, Sheik! Thanks so much to everyone who submitted, voted, and commented.

Screenshot of the Week 712 is up, as well as Screenshot of the Month 176. SotW 713 is scheduled for September 22nd. Don't let the date creep up on you. Go ahead and submit as soon as you can!

• Jared likes this

#1488 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

Congrats to Shane for his winning shot in SotW 712! SotW is now up for voting, and what a great turnout we've got this time. Head over here to drop a vote for your favorite.

The next SotW will be on October 6th. Let's see if we can make the next contest as lively as this one.

• Jared likes this

#1489 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

Congratulations to Shane for his victory in Screenshot of the Week 713! Thanks again to everyone who submitted, voted, and commented. SotW 714 is up!

I'm not completely sure what the usual practice is for the voting period for Screenshot of the Month, but as of now, SotM 176 is still open for business. Go ahead and drop your vote if you haven't already.

The next Screenshot of the Week will open on October 20th! I'm looking forward to seeing some nice shots from everyone's projects!

#1490 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

Congrats to Shane on winning Screenshot of the Week 714! His lovely gameboy-styled shot captured some real attention. Now he's got a bit of a streak going.

And congratulations to Sheik for his victory in Screenshot of the Month 176! What's not to love about purple trees?

SotW 715 is up! Head over there to drop a vote, and some constructive criticism if you like. The next Screenshot of the Week is slated for November 3rd! With the Expo deadline approaching, don't forget to submit your screens here, too.

Finally, I have one last little announcement. Our backlog of SotW and SotM front page features has finally run out. By following the plan outlined here, we're finally all caught up! SotM 176 will be featured soon, and from now on, each SotW winner will be featured right after the contest. Having such a parade of winners was fun, but new winners will get some extra exposure on the site's front page. Winning here's a great way to promote your project, so I'd love to see more shots from in-progress quests.

• nicklegends, Shane and Matthew like this

#1491 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:11 PM

Screenshot of the Week 716 is up! Head over here to vote and offer critique! Screenshot of the Month 177 is also open for business. There's four great shots to choose from, so truly, the victory could go to anyone.

Contrats again to Shane on his SotW 715 win!

The next SotW opens November 17th.

• Matthew likes this

#1492 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:27 AM

I just realized that I announced the wrong date for the next Screenshot of the Week. It has now been corrected to the right date, which is this coming Sunday, the 17th. If anyone else would like to participate, please get your shots in before then.

Yeesh. With that SotM gaffe, that makes two major errors on the same SotW day. I sure hope whoever is in charge of handling staffing for the site doesn't fire me. :worried:

• Lordkronos likes this

#1493 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:22 AM

I just realized that I announced the wrong date for the next Screenshot of the Week. It has now been corrected to the right date, which is this coming Sunday, the 17th. If anyone else would like to participate, please get your shots in before then.

Yeesh. With that SotM gaffe, that makes two major errors on the same SotW day. I sure hope whoever is in charge of handling staffing for the site doesn't fire me. :worried:

Errors can happen it wouldnt fair to fire you you did a great job all the years after what i see :D

• Avaro likes this

#1494 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:32 AM

Congrats again to Avaro for his victory in SotW 716!

Voting is now open for Screenshot of the Week 717. Screenshot of the month voting is also still open, but will probably close soon. If you haven't voted yet and have been meaning to, now's your chance.

The next SotW opens on ... Hmm, let me get my calculator, some graphing paper, and consult the mathematicians at Harvard. Gotta get this right this time.

Consensus says it's December 8th! Looking forward to seeing those shots.

• Avaro and Matthew like this

#1495 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

The mathematicians must've been inexperienced or you used a dated calculator. And seeing how nobody on PZC noticed, it's clear this math question is trickier than meets the eye.

• Jenny, Hari and Matthew like this

#1496 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:41 PM

Screenshot of the Week happens on the first and third full weekends in a month. This past weekend was split between November and December, meaning the first full weekend in December is the 7th and 8th. I know it can be a bit confusing sometimes, even for me, but the date listed above, Sunday, December 8th, is the correct one.

#1497 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why the current approach is chosen over simply having the contest once every two weeks? It seems that the current method causes weird cases like this, whereas the other approach would be more consistent in timing, no?

Edited by Matthew, 02 December 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#1498 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:25 PM

The idea is to keep two contests per month, so that everything evens out well for quarterly contests.

• Shane and Matthew like this

#1499 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

I respect the decision, though I think just being a biweekly contest would have been the best of both worlds and leaves voting time to be more consistent. But you're running SotW, so you can do it however you like, just some input from me. :P

#1500 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:41 PM

I'm just following the schedule as it was suggested and agreed upon by the staff when we switched this up. We did announce how it was going to be done, and I do announce the upcoming date every time a new contest opens.

With that said, we're still in a trial period. I'd like to continue with this current schedule until the end of the year, but after that, I figure we'll have a public discussion to talk about what kind of schedule really works best, and make any adjustments we need to at that time.

Sorry that the scheduling was unclear in this case, since I know a number of you were excited about your shots appearing this week. Thanks for your patience there. Even if it's a bit later than you were expecting, the upcoming contest looks like it'll be pretty exciting. :)

• Matthew likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users