VD Beta 0.2.2 Update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2021 - 05:24 PM

This is just a small update but I figured I'd push it.

Change log:
1. Added two new dungeon wall sets by Ether.
2. Included spider boss tiles by Ether. (see near the end of the enemy tiles section)
3. Fixed link's minecart riding sprite being stretched. (thanks dimi)
4. Simple shop script is updated to Simple shop^2.
5. A bit more backend script work moving more configuration elements to the dedicated Main script file, to make it easier to configure everything in one spot.
6. Included the beta LA graphics, you'll find them in their sensical places across the tileset they don't have associated combos by default.
7. Default hud changed to have Y & X buttons instead of L & R due to those being functional buttons in 2.55 and in preparation for an eventual migration.

8. Added Zora and Korok NPC tiles by Ether.

I dunno when I will get around to doing more work on the tileset, but I felt like adding these graphics additions today so I figure I'd push an update with those and the other changes.

Edited by Mani Kanina, 19 May 2021 - 06:24 PM.

• Shane, Joelmacool and Matthew like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 May 2021 - 11:30 PM

Good to see this alive and kicking still. And wonderful idea on adding the latest database sprites into the set, they deserve it.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:48 AM

Yeah, Ether has been doing some kick-ass work making GB style assets for the community to use, so it makes sense to include as much as possible where relevant.

#4 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:27 PM

MisterMike has uploaded new rips of the GBC enemies and bosses on the Spriter's Resource for the Big Enemy tile pages. I also have a few 2x-resized enemies (Pols Voice, Crab, Leever, Helmasaur) and a few misc. edits if you want me to compile them. I think Ether's big Darknut should be put for 2.55 as well since it already has an obvious use.

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:38 PM

I'll check on SR later then.
As for other additions I generally just use what's in the database, so if you want something to be potentially included feel free to make an entry.

There are a few other things by Ether that I'm either planning or considering to put in at a later time, but boss graphics in large numbers is actually pretty low on the list, since to take advantage of most of it requires scripting, in which case it's easy to just import the tiles you feel is the best fit.

#6 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:44 PM

I'll check on SR later then.
As for other additions I generally just use what's in the database, so if you want something to be potentially included feel free to make an entry.

There are a few other things by Ether that I'm either planning or considering to put in at a later time, but boss graphics in large numbers is actually pretty low on the list, since to take advantage of most of it requires scripting, in which case it's easy to just import the tiles you feel is the best fit.

I mean, you can do a 32x32 Darknut in 2.55 without scripting.

#7 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2021 - 08:15 PM

Ah, yeah, fair. I'm actually not really fully in the known about the 2.55 feature set. It'll be on the table when I migrate the tileset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users