Photo

Screenshot of the Week 297

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (40 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:11 AM

I apologize for the huge delay this week; while we did have some trouble getting enough shots to compete, I also managed to let this completely slip my mind last weekend. Hopefully the activity level will rise in the coming weeks and I will be able to remember the little things, haha. I'd also like to remind everyone that shots in SotW must be from Zelda Classic or ZQuest.

MarioBrosCom
IPB Image
The hefty ladder comes to the rescue yet again.

Dawnlight
IPB Image
It's great to be back!

Orin XD
IPB Image
Die Summoner! Die!

IPB Image
beautiful tileset + beautiful subscreen + animation = amazing

Sheik
IPB Image
BS-Zelda/Minish Cap Remix!

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Nulled, since I'm in the poll.
Great screens this week, and plenty of them! icon_smile.gif Let's have it like this next week, too.
Also, apolgizes that mine is the only one taken in ZQuest. :/ I still lack a subscreen and have yet to rip in the Link tiles I want and stuff. It's actually just a WIP mock-up screen. Credit goes to Radien (BS tileset, DoR tileset), Relic (incomp. MC tileset) and Evile (MZC tileset and exclusive tiles icon_love.gif) from whose tilesets I'm ripping.

#3 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:57 AM

It's between Dawnlight and Sheik. Hmm...I think I'm going with Sheik. That is just beautiful.

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

Also nulled, icon_smile.gif
But I love this comment thing!

MarioBrosCom: I like the palette. And the water makes the screen pretty good!
Dawnlight: I love every of your screens! Not much to say. I like that you have 2 flower colours! icon_thumbsup.gif . I must play this screen...
Orin XD: It's a good icedungeon screen. Maybe a bit more wall design?
Avataro: Whoa, I love my screen icon_razz.gif. These waterwhirls do look right ingame icon_naughty.gif
Shiek/Sheik: I never liked BS but with a bit MC it looks great! And why is the water purple? Look above that is real blue.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Oct 18 2010, 02:00 PM) View Post

Shiek/Sheik: I never liked BS but with a bit MC it looks great! And why is the water purple? Look above that is real blue.

Thank you. The palette isn't final, but I actually like the 'purple' water. Anyways, thanks for pointing it out. icon_smile.gif

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:29 AM

Sheik blows all the other screens away!

#7 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

I usually don't vote for dungeon shots, and I think the screen is actually kinda too busy, but I just loved the design of it... so I voted for Orin XD! Good job!

#8 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

Voted for Sheik. It seems he was able to do what I was going for successfully, only with a different tileset. *glum* Oh, the shame.

Great shots, this week!

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

It's nice to see new screenshots again! And they all look good this time. You guys do wonderful work.

MarioBrosCom - 9/10
This screen reeks of awesome in visual appeal. It just seems to all fit together correctly, and shows how much you can do for a screen that is simple in concept. I also love the subscreen portion. Spectacular.

Dawnlight - 7/10
It works well. Great detail, and not too over the top. I wonder if there are any plans to put enemies on the screen too. This seems like a good setting for some enemies, since nothing else seems to be going on other than it being an overworld screen between other screens. I really like the subscreen portion.

Orin XD - 7/10
Nice looking ice dungeon screen. The icy stalagmites look a bit out of place with the rest of the screen, but the design of them by themselves look really good.

I like it. A simple screen with graphics that all work well together. Clearly the water effects are the star attraction here, although that alone is not close to what makes it a good screen overall. If you put one or two more trees on the island, and I would have said that it's too crowded, but I think it's okay as it is now.

Sheik - 8/10
Very good. Once again, well detailed, but not overboard. No subscreen shown, so I will assume you are using a standard one. I think you succeeded at the BS/MC mix quite well. Mixing two styles of graphics is often difficult to visually pull off, so many kudos for that. My only criticism is that some of the colors don't look too comfortable together. Perhaps that is just me, though.

Vote goes to MarioBrosCom.

#10 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:48 PM

Im amazed! all of the screens are awesome, lets see..

1. mariobroscom
Incredible atmosphere, all things fits togheter just that link tiles dont fit too much I think.

2. dawnlight
It just perfect. And nice subscreen too!

3. orin XD
I like soo much the colors icon_smile.gif

4. avataro
the most thing I liked was the water animation, its epic.

5. sheik
Now its could be a new tileset icon_razz.gif

#11 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

I voted for MarioBrosCom. I like the fact that he was able to also have some classic item functionality in his screen rather than just being a "walk through here" screen, I'm going to have to do that kind of thing in the future icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

All shots are great, but I ended up going for Avataro's. It really appeals to me. I like islands, and I love the tileset.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Oct 18 2010, 11:52 AM) View Post

Dawnlight - 7/10
It works well. Great detail, and not too over the top. I wonder if there are any plans to put enemies on the screen too. This seems like a good setting for some enemies, since nothing else seems to be going on other than it being an overworld screen between other screens. I really like the subscreen portion.

QUOTE(SM anime f @ Oct 18 2010, 02:48 PM) View Post

2. dawnlight
It just perfect. And nice subscreen too!

I'm surprised that a lot of users like my subscreen. About 70% (both active and passive) of the subscreen is custom. "Less is more" seems to be working well. I'm not really looking for votes. I entered just to get SotW going after its month long delay.

Edited by Dawnlight, 18 October 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#14 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

I voted for Avataro this reminds me of Wind Waker.

#15 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:30 AM

Nulled, nuff said.

As for the screens:

MarioBrosCom: A pretty good screen. It reminds me of something from Lufia 4. The only drawback is that Link contrasts a little

Dawnlight: Fairly simple. But, where's the action? It would be nice to have a Octorok running around for Link to kill.

Myself: It is a sneak-peek screen of Diamond Quest. Just wait until you play this and have it filled with Flies\Zols\Bubbles as you fight the summoner! I guess that I'm not bad as this is my first SoTW entry.

Avataro: A new tileset. Pretty good, but I don't like the mountains - they clash with the scenery.

Shiek: I've never played The Minish Cap; but your screen looks good, but the BS water and mountains kinda clash with the TMC ground and trees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users