Photo

Screenshot of the Week 47

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:55 PM

I know it doesn't scream Thunder Palace, but that's because you don't have the full context. When you play that level in my quest, then it'll make sense to you...

Gosh, I really wasn't expecting to be competition, but I had at least hoped for one vote. Oh well, at least i entered, which is more than I can say for some people. I knew I should've textured the floor tiles instead of rushing it...

EDIT - Besides, I think I've accomplished my objective with releasing this shot to everyone... constructive criticism always helps when I move form deisgn to graphics... even if I didn't get votes, the feedback i'm getting is really helpful to me. Thanks all icon_razz.gif

Edited by jman2050, 03 February 2004 - 07:57 PM.

#17 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(jman2050 @ Feb 3 2004, 08:55 PM)
I know it doesn't scream Thunder Palace, but that's because you don't have the full context. When you play that level in my quest, then it'll make sense to you...

Don't worry. I can definitely see myself enjoying that dungeon, it's just that SSOTW is for the best screens visually, so I'm quite harsh. (Don't even ask about my screens. icon_rolleyes.gif )

#18 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:54 PM

I like Mr.z's shot, it is the best. None of the rest looked interesting. The rest were regular dull levels. Good Job Mr.z. icon_wink.gif

#19 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:30 AM

benmw02190: I always thought of that grass to be ugly, but in this pic you prove it can look pretty darn good ;-)
jman2050: Mmm, 3 floors. Good to see progress on your quest.
Mr. Z: Ripping and putting that ship in ZC took me 1 hour, but it was worth the trouble, pirates are kewl ^_o
Petoe: Gameboy Zeldaish, cool. icon_razz.gif
skateboarder11: Ahh, all those different clouds are confusing me o_O
Wild Bill: Love the caption, good looking pic.
Whhthe2: I'm afraid Link isn't going to survive this battle with 1 heart left...

*Teh null vote*

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:37 AM

Whhthe2 gets my vote. I think the situation is pretty impressive. The creativity of JMan's shot is fairly impressive, but it looks n00bish, despite it's obvious talent driven premise. The other shots are Zelda-ish. icon_razz.gif Trust me.. best not to delve into my head. >_<

#21 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:40 AM

Come on, don't tell me you actually get hit at Aquamentuses icon_razz.gif

ANyways, I just realized that I forgot to put my two-cents in about every shot.

Ben- Too much grass... I don't finds a screen full of grass visually pleasing
J-Man - I'll change the color of the grid, okay icon_razz.gif
Mr. Z - Nice, but it loses points since OoS has an almost identical screenshot
Petoe - This was one of my least favorite dungeons in that game. The graphics were one of the reasons why...
skateboarder - Ooh... Mario
WB - THis is the first ssotw shot I've seen that actually puts some effort into its shadows. You really feel like you're in a forest with large trees hanging over you. This would get my vote under normal circumstances
whhthe2 - Good: I LOVE the palette. I have a thing for blue ground. Bad: THe Aquamentus doesn't quite fit in with the theme. Perhaps make their palette a bit darker?

#22 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:18 PM

I like Wild Bills the best. Nice Layering effects of sunlight and darkness.

#23 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:21 PM

Wild Bill wins. Come on people. I need submissions for the next one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users