Photo

Screenshot of the Week 39

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 11:31 AM

And the nominees are...

Petoe
http://www.members.a...images/pic3.bmp
Just another poor screenshot from me...

WildBill
user posted image
You first impression: "What the HELL is that?!"

Javaiz867
user posted image
This is the Entrance to Level 2, the Forest Dungeon

BH4
http://www.brentdax....WSubmission.bmp
No Caption

LinkZ03
user posted image
Marty McFly stands in front of the Hill Valley Courthouse before he starts his adventure.

Xpertgmer
http://www.freewebs....rk/zelda039.bmp
No Caption

PrettyBoy
user posted image
No Caption

Mr. Z
user posted image
omg, I'm getting flashbacks now!

And please, if you can't see all the images don't vote yet. Let me know, I'll fix the broken ones, then you can vote. This way it's fair for everybody.

#2 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 11:40 AM

-Petoe: ohh, I like the acid floor ^_^

-WildBill: What the hell is that?! Is it (what's it called?) your quest, hmm, looks different...Is it a new quest?

-Javaiz867: Pretty, but what the heck made that jpg screw up? icon_lol.gif

-BH4: Complicated and dark screen, but I like it icon_thumbsup.gif

-LinkZ03: great graphics, but the rest of the screen is a bit too empty (I know you'll change that)

-Xpertgmer: This screen again?!

-PrettyBoy: Not only Prince changed, but Mystic Land changed as well, looks different from usual, but with great graphics.

-Mr. Z: I like the map name.

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 11:54 AM

*TEEHEE* First vote. :-P (Proven. icon_wink.gif )

Can we vote for ourselves? (EDIT: Added spacer.) I haven't done this (contest) in a while.

Petoe: Nice toxicity. icon_thumbsup.gif Nice hookshot, nice... heck, .. just plain ol' nice. icon_smile.gif

WildBill: Fairly well done, nice fences along the bottom, (and VERY nice placement of them, BTW.)

Jaivaz: Autumny. Doesn't seem to go anywhere, but the ocarina mark in the shallows is promising. icon_wink.gif

BH4: I hate your picture. I think it's terrible, and hate the fact that you spent hours on this one screen alone. Curse you and your layery goodness. icon_blink.gif ... icon_heh.gif Sorry.

LinkZ03: If you drew that courthouse, .. I would have voted for you in a second. But add more stuff in the background. I know you said you would, but this pic, as is, isn't all that attractive, save for the courthouse. (BTW, "save," in this context, means "except for."

Xpertgmer: I like the "formation" of the castle, but you may want to actually attempt to draw some tiles for that back area. But I really do like what you've done with it. It just doesn't look... "professional." Good try though. icon_wink.gif

PeanutButter: ... I mean, .. PrettyBoy: I like the tiles. Yes, I do. I really do. But it's too good. I can't vote for something that's going to trounce the competition. Not even if I wasn't going to enter. ... But consider yourself voted for in my mind. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_wink.gif

Mr. Z, I'm sorry you were placed after PB's screenshot. But it looks like a very nice dungeon. icon_thumbsup.gif And kudos on doing the work to reassemble the newfirst set. icon_thumbsup.gif Big-time credit to you. icon_smile.gif

.. How's THAT for a review. :cool:

#4 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 12:42 PM

I vote for prettyboy.

Prettyboy: I think the tiles are awesome, and they are very...yh...pretty. It also looks better than the average quest graphics. good work.

Petoe: Nice. The acid stuff looks great and so does that door. I regeret saying that your screens are nothing special. I must of just been in a bad mood that day.

Wildbill: Is that de fall uh de honky pig 2. probably not but it would be great if it was.

Jaivaz: I'm not sure that I havn't seen this screenshot in Mystic Land. It looks awfully familiar.

BH4: Although it's a little hard to make out, it looks pretty sweet.

LinkZo3: This shot is OK. The courthouse looks nice, but the rest is a little unpretty. And you should put some trees in the background or something, all that grass is just too much.

Xpertgamer: This shot screams: I'M A LAZY PERSON!"
If you look at the top of the castle, it's the bush tiles...o' my garsh. icon_rolleyes.gif

Mr.Z: this is a nioce screenshot, but I've seen it in your sig for the past...uh...well a good while. It's opretty good none the less.

#5 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:01 PM

Petoe: This is one of my favorite screen shots I've seen from you. Very well done.

WildBill: Ocarina of Power 2... maybe? Anyway, I like the screen shot nonetheless.

Javaiz867: I like the screen shot. But its not one of the screen shots that keep me looking at it for awhile. Do you know what I mean? But don't get me wrong, I do like the screen shot.

BH4: Now this is one of those screen shots that keeps you looking at it for awhile. Maybe a little to long though. But nonetheless, its still a good shot.

LinkZ03: Welp, the courthouse is nice looking but the rest is a bit boring.

Xpertgmer: Like Mr. Z said "This screen again?!"

Mr. Z: This would be my second favorite screen shot. It seems to have a perfect balance of things on the screen.

PrettyBoy

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:37 PM

I hate your avatar PB, so I voted for BH4. I also voted for BH4 because his is the best that isn't partly mine icon_razz.gif

also, wait till you see the water animated, it's amazing!

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 03:34 PM

* BH4 enters "flattered" mode.
I hate your avatar PB, so I voted for BH4. I also voted for BH4 because his is the best that isn't partly mine

also, wait till you see the water animated, it's amazing!
Well thank you. icon_smile.gif I don't like stealing other people's tiles. I know the bushes are from ML, but I FOUND them in the set I was using. (Mr. Z's Pure set upgrade. So kicky-a$$y, that set.)

And yes, you really should see the water. I can't even attempt to animate it though, as it's too many frames. Thanks for noticing, link3505. icon_thumbsup.gif You'll love the graphical details I put in. It may not be ML or Sun Tower, but it's home. icon_rolleyes.gif

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 03:55 PM

Wow! I thought I was gonna compete against myself this week, but suddenly there's loads of nominees this week icon_freak.gif . Great! icon_smile.gif And the almighty Prince is back too. w00t w00t!!1!!1 icon_wink.gif

Petoe - Ok... it's me again. Once again I took the stupid pic at the wrong time. The pic would look much better when everything animates icon_unsure.gif . But no excuses... I think the pic should look good to everyone this time. icon_smile.gif

WildBill - Rrright. Well it's not that bad... but you probably know...

Javaiz867 - Too basic. Looks like it's from ML or something.

BH4 - It's so dark and those tiles are just overused. But it's not a bad screenie.

LinkZ03 - Originality is always great, but looks like the house is facing up lying on its back... lol (Did that make any sense?)

Xpertgmer - Too plain, too simple. Too familiar...

PrettyBoy - Lots of new tiles... I wonder if PB made all of them by himself, because it would be a job well done. But the picture isn't that great, and the horrible looking balloon tree is almost spoiling the whole screenie.

Mr.Z - I hate to repeat this, but... too basic and everyday stuff, though not bad looking...

#9 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 03:56 PM

Petoe:

I consider my shots crappy... and I hardly ever use the technique of self pitty to generate votes. icon_razz.gif As for the actual screen... it's not poor. Just because your last submission didn't win doesn't mean all of your shots are poor. Figured I'd let you know that incase you were thinking that. icon_shrug.gif

Edit: Maybe I should read before posting.

Wild Bill:

Oooo... been awhile since I've seen a BS Zelda shot in this contest. icon_biggrin.gif I think I know what it's from... but I'll keep my mouth shut and make people wonder if they can't figure it out. icon_razz.gif

Javaiz867:

The continuous string of the same tile on the very right defeats the potential this shot has. Minus that strip on the right... it's actually a fairly decent shot.

BH4:

Interesting... it's been a good while since I've seen a cave shot with originality, yet also using GB style caves.

LinkZ03:

I am sure lots of effort went into this shot. However... I suggest adding some shadows on the grass or some sort of distinctive thing that will show the building is actually going upward towards the sky... instead of sitting on the ground. Otherwise... as I said... very good effort seems to be put into this.

Xpertgmer:

Submitting the same shot or shots similar to it every week doesn't improve your chances of getting anything. If anything... it reduces them. I suggest finding a different kind of subject matter next week.

PrettyBoy:

This shot blew me away when I looked at it. My curiousity at what it is for is taking the best of me. It looks like a very good blend of... stuff... so it gets my vote. icon_razz.gif

Mr. Z:

I doubt that's what it is... but looking at the torches... it looks like that's a flashback of some newfirst screen or something... though I know that's probably not the case. @_@

#10 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:00 PM

BH4's is the only one that has really caught my eye. Prettyboy's is really nice, but there's a roughness about it that just doesn't agree with me.

Plus, it looks too much like link3505's last shot, in terms of graphics. Perhaps the ZC elite folk are trading tilesets now.

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Oct 22 2003, 10:56 PM)
Petoe:

I consider my shots crappy... and I hardly ever use the technique of self pitty to generate votes. icon_razz.gif As for the actual screen... it's not poor. Just because your last submission didn't win doesn't mean all of your shots are poor. Figured I'd let you know that incase you were thinking that. icon_shrug.gif

Edit: Maybe I should read before posting.

I'm not generating votes with self pity... oh, but you already realised that, didn't you? icon_sweat.gif It's just that when the toxic glows it looks better.
And to make things clear, I don't give a damn if I win or not. I just want to see people's reactions when they see my screenshots. But I admit that I'm a little disappointed to people here who don't give good constructive critisism at all. So I'm not benefiting from SotW at all... and still I'm submitting here. Oh well. icon_shrug.gif

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:18 PM

I'm not generating votes with self pity... oh, but you already realised that, didn't you? icon_sweat.gif It's just that when the toxic glows it looks better.
And to make things clear, I don't give a damn if I win or not. I just want to see people's reactions when they see my screenshots. But I admit that I'm a little disappointed to people here who don't give good constructive critisism at all. So I'm not benefiting from SotW at all... and still I'm submitting here. Oh well. icon_shrug.gif
I Literally want to frame this and put it on my wall. I just have to figure out how to animate smilies on paper. icon_unsure.gif

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:37 PM

I really like most of them. They are all good original shots. I went with Prettyboy's because I love custom made tiles. icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:52 PM

in PB's pic, is that Link3505's artwork? O_o rawr!

#15 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 October 2003 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Oct 22 2003, 05:52 PM)
in PB's pic, is that Link3505's artwork?

That was my thought.

Petoe beats PB because of the absence of balloony trees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users