• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:33 AM

The QR "Instant Respawn on Death" acts as if you had just reloaded your last save file when you died. I can see this behavior being desirable, but if this is the intended use of this QR, then it's name is garbage. I have tried this rule both with the QR "Skip Continue Screen" off and on, and the behavior is the same.

If this is actually bugged behavior, then I request this behavior still be supported, as "losing all your progress on death since last save" can be useful, but up until this point it's only been available by kicking you back to the save file select, which is undesirable.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:19 AM

IIRC this is the exact intended behavior.

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:41 AM

IIRC this is the exact intended behavior.

It needs a better name then, cause nothing about the name indicates it's behavior. I just thought it was "skip continue screen but better"... which I guess it technically is but you know what I mean; skip continue but it doesn't exit to the save select..

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:47 AM

The name does seem very misleading. If I checked it, I'd awesome it just skipped the death animation and continue screen as a time saving measure, not ate progress since last save.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:54 AM

Renamed to Instant Reload on Death and added Instant Continue on Death. These rules are mutually exclusive, and if you have both enabled, they negate one-another, resulting in the standard Game Over screen. That latter is untested at this time. 

• Twilight Knight and Russ like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users