The Big Contest/Event Request Thread

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:41 AM

I like the idea and I'd love to see the return, because the contest itself spawned lots of content that was usable for other people, which was one of the good parts of it, IMO.

That being said..., I'm not sure if there are enough people around who have both the experience and the will to code enemies for it.

#77 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:23 AM

I think the contest idea is good, but I think we'll get more entries if we wait a tad. 2.55 will eventually be out in Beta at some point, and more importantly Ghost V3 (the version of Ghost that's built for 2.55 by me(humblebrag)) will be in Beta at some point in the pretty near future (It's already in a stable position, but I want to add more features to it). With the release of that, even non-scripters will have more powerful tools to make enemies with and easier, which would drastically increase the amount of people who are able to compete.

#78 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:47 PM

but I think we'll get more entries if we wait a tad. 2.55 will eventually be out in Beta at some point,

Now now, if we want to do this then we want to do it before Ether retires of old age.
  • Deedee likes this

#79 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:16 PM

Here is a proposal:

Dungeon and gameplay mechanics (gimmick).
In the Zelda universe, we have sometimes encountered dungeons where...
  • We have an ingenious / original gameplay mechanic 

d7an.jpg

• We have an item to earn, allowing us to revisit the dungeon and reach other areas

4jyc.jpg

• We have an interesting theme (universe / graphic and sound art direction).

ydxj.jpg

In this contest it is requested that the participant submit a .qst file where it is about going through a dungeon (only one). 

Conditions of participation:
  • You can submit a dungeon made for the contest, or a dungeon from an existing or already released game.
  • The dungeon should not be too complicated. There should not be any blocking bugs either.
  • Give the player just what they need to get through the dungeon (items, money...).
  • Your dungeon should try to perform on one of the 3 points mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Clarification:
  • The plot/story will not be evaluated, except if it serves the gameplay of the dungeon.
  • Scripts (object as dungeon) are allowed. Customization is allowed.
  • Enemies and bosses are included in the overall assessment of the dungeon, if they have any.

(I'm not talking about the length of the competition, the voting conditions, the jury etc., I don't necessarily know if the theme of the competition will convince you so I'll avoid going too far.
+ If you're wondering why I put pictures of 3D zelda games, it's to avoid that the candidate compare himself to the pictures that are put, I don't want him to be discouraged
I also think that by giving people who have already made a game the chance to participate, it will bring in participants and allow some to get their game out there).
So, I hope you'll like it. If not, it's not a problem too, I'll understand.

Edited by Aroten, 06 January 2022 - 05:20 PM.

• Shane, Jenny, Jared and 1 other like this

#80 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 06 January 2022 - 10:30 PM

How About Another Nice Racing Contest With The Many Nice Randomized Quests We Have It Could Be a Fun Think I Think and I Think Many people Here Are Very Well Exprinced in Some Tricks and Quirks The End a Quest Relativly Quickly :D

• Jenny and Jared like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users