Statues shooting from wrong place

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:08 AM

Anyone know why the fireballs would only be originating from only the upper middle area of the screen no matter where a shooting statue or statues are placed? This happens on any screen in any dmap in a quest being made using 2.55. Of course if I start an old quest or a brand new one it doesn't happen, so what did I do?

#2 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:51 AM

There are 3 "Statue" combo types in combo editor. They are diffenrent by exact position where fireballs originate from, when statues are set to shoot fire in this screen. Here is the quote from Zquest editor doc.

- Center Statue
If the 'Statues Shoot Fire' Screen Data flag is checked, a "Shooter (Fireball)" enemy is created on this combo. 

- Left Statue
If the 'Statues Shoot Fire' Screen Data flag is checked, a "Shooter (Fireball)" enemy is created on the left side of this combo. 

- Right Statue
If the 'Statues Shoot Fire' Screen Data flag is checked, a "Shooter (Fireball)" enemy is created on the right side of this combo. 

Edited by Alucard648, 24 July 2021 - 04:54 AM.

#3 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:17 AM

I generally only use left and right statues. In this case using only left or only right or a combination produces the same result - fireballs always spawning at the center of the room instead of from the statue itself.

For the record, Zoras and Aquamentus fireballs shoot fine.

Edited by Flynn, 24 July 2021 - 05:28 AM.

#4 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:05 AM

OK, figured it out.  I was messing around in the enemy editor and somehow changed the Shooter(fireball) type to a Gohma and didn't realize that this was the invisible enemy that spawns on top of statues. That the shots were coming from where a Gohma would be should've tipped me off.

• Emily likes this

#5 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 July 2021 - 03:35 AM

For the record, something like this should be posted in the bug reports subforum. (I would likely have found the problem for you within minutes, had you not)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users