Photo

Screenshot of the Week 34

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Aug 27 2003, 06:14 AM)
Your pic is boring because it is something we've already seen before. There's nothing new about it.

Where have you seen those road tiles in ZC before? The taxi sign? The buildings? The trees on the bricks? The little crack in the bricks?

You're telling me that THAT'S not new to you?

#17 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:20 AM

If you believe that Zelda shots win because this is a Zelda site, then you haven't seen SOTW 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33. The reason winning shots change from week to week, is because the people who vote change from week to week. Also, when people say they've "seen" your shot before, they may be referring to your SOTW 29 entry. The one with the Mega Mall.

#18 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:46 AM

Jonathan: Your cliffs look familiar. Where have I seen them before. * Ponders. But very nice picture. icon_smile.gif

*claps*

Nick: I love your overworld design, and your water is well placed. (It just kinda seems ... right.) The palatte is fairly nice too.

*claps*

Starfox: I like your flowers. They're very nice, actually. The colors are dark, which I like, considering the terrain layout, but are slightly too dark for it. Brighten them slightly, and it'll look a bit better. Very nice though. icon_smile.gif

*claps*

Petoe: Your use of multiwarps is amazing. The only thing I don't like is that there's a tree growing on the bricks to the northwest of the piccie. Seems out of place for a tree. But, if it can thrive there, then you placed it well! ^_^ Heh.

*claps*

*doesn't vote for anybody.* icon_snide.gif

EDIT: * BH4's cursor slips, accidentally clicks, and then slides to vote. hmm.. T'was fate that I didst vote for Nick. icon_razz.gif

Edited by BH4, 27 August 2003 - 10:52 AM.

#19 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Aug 27 2003, 05:46 PM)
Petoe:  Your use of multiwarps is amazing.  The only thing I don't like is that there's a tree growing on the bricks to the northwest of the piccie.  Seems out of place for a tree.  But, if it can thrive there, then you placed it well! ^_^  Heh.

Hmm... That's true. Thanks for the good tip. icon_smile.gif

If you believe that Zelda shots win because this is a Zelda site, then you haven't seen SOTW 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33. The reason winning shots change from week to week, is because the people who vote change from week to week. Also, when people say they've "seen" your shot before, they may be referring to your SOTW 29 entry. The one with the Mega Mall.

True. It really seems like people change from week to week, but it still doesn't change my opinion that if there is a nice enough Zelda screenshot, it's gonna win no matter how the other pics look like.
I try to control myself next time, but you can believe how it pisses me off to see someone claiming that he has seen "that crappy picture" before, when it really is a new and "fresh" picture and I have made loads of work for the tiles. That's something I can't tolerate.

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:30 AM

Well, Petoe, I'm not sure it makes a difference or anything, but your museum will counteract what Prath said, whatever it was. well.. probably. I'm not sure if it's enough though. It's good to have it there though. icon_smile.gif

#21 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:17 PM

I am a asstard that accidentally makes people mad.

Apparently... I'm sorry if what I did say sounded harsh. Apparently... Petoe's shot is pretty nice with it's custom tiles... it is a hell of a lot better than what I can do. It's simply my tastes. I'm sure those custom tiles were awesome... but I just prefer forests over cities and such. I probably goofed up when I said it wasn't up to par... for which... I refer back to the asstard comment.

However... I do have to agree when wondering how the heck that shot is "not new"? It sorta looks like the Mega Mall... but it's better than that shot. It's also not crappy. Not in the least bit is it crappy.

Even then... that's not old. He's only shown a city shot in SoTW one other time and I've not seen any other similar shots... so I dunno why it's already old. It's about as ridiculous as the people automatically dejecting quests just because they are done with Pure Tileset.

Finally... this reminds me of when people called the last submission I made "bland". icon_confused.gif

#22 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Aug 27 2003, 04:17 PM)
I am a asstard that accidentally makes people mad.

Wait... who got mad to you?

#23 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:36 PM

Hey, no need to apologize. But always remember to tell WHY you think the picture is bad/good. Opinions are opinions, but if you just say "The XXX picture is greatest, and the YYY is just plain boring", that's not enough. And usually people bash SOTW nominees without reasons, or vote a screenie because of a ridiculous reason. That's just dumb, and that's why I have "complained" lately.

Still I don't get it how mine shot of this week seems like the same stuff as the "MegaMall shot". They look totally different, and use totally different tiles. If you all think that City screenshots are bad, then you probably think that the quest with its futuristic and totally different graphics are bad too. I hope I'm very wrong though.

#24 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:00 PM

I wasn't refering to the mall. It's just, they look, VERY similar. icon_confused.gif
Maybe your just so good it looks like the real thing. icon_razz.gif

#25 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:13 PM

Jonathan: Your cliffs look familiar. Where have I seen them before. * Ponders. But very nice picture.

*claps*

they shouldnt look familier i drew them it took 1 hour

#26 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Aug 27 2003, 10:46 AM)
Jonathan:  Your cliffs look familiar.  Where have I seen them before.

Yeah, they look like my whiterock cliff tiles don't they BH4? Mine have more color in the rocks though. icon_razz.gif

*No accusations were made in this post. icon_smile.gif

#27 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:03 PM

It's about as ridiculous as the people automatically dejecting quests just because they are done with Pure Tileset.

hmmm with that said maybe i shouldnt send in a fl pic... icon_confused.gif
oops sorry off topic icon_sweat.gif and i wonder if anybody knows what and where those spirt things come from. hmmm

#28 Aerogard LM

Aerogard LM

The Moral Goon

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:22 PM

Jonathan: Your tiles look too shaded in this shot, they don't blend well with the sprites.
Nick: The shot is a bit empty, but it looks nice overall.
Starfox: MSame as Nick's, but I don't like that big ugly Yellow arrow sprite. =P
Petoe: The fence and tree don't seem right in this shot. And maybe you should try to avoid black outlines for buildings, seeing as other things have no outline. Good shot though.

I voted for Starfox, I liked his shot best.

#29 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:37 PM

I don't see anything special about Starfox's.

I vote for Nick.

Second place to Jonathon
Third Place to Petoe

#30 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:33 AM

Yeah, they look like my whiterock cliff tiles don't they BH4? Mine have more color in the rocks though. 

*No accusations were made in this post. 

Would you like me to send you mine to compair the differences,and iv never even seen yours...

2nd place should get 50 rupees at ZCN icon_lol.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users