Post your maps.

• Please log in to reply
1367 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

EDIT: How to export a map in ZC2.5. Go to "View"-> "View Map", then select "Full 4096x1408", and check the box that says, "Save to file (Mapmaker)". The map will show up in the folder where ZC is located named "Zelda00X.(whatever image format you have picked).

I don't recall ever seeing an "official post your maps and stuff" thread, so I guess this will do. If there is an old map topic, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but maybe they can be merged?

Anyway, this topic is for showing off maps. A map is a group of screens connected together to form a dungeon, part of a dungeon, a cave, or an overworld section. Criticism is welcome, but don't get all elitist about it, and make other users feel like crap about their work icon_smile.gif

And, most importantly, have fun icon_biggrin.gif

For starters, I'll post 3.

IPB Image
This is a partially complete BS Overworld I made a few months ago. I may still use it for something, but it was more to get familiar with the BS set, and how its tiles are used and to see if it was right for the project I may decide to do.

IPB Image
This is the most recently designed dungeon from my classic styled quest. Who knows if it will ever be done. Happy 2012 everyone, this was started at the beginning of 2005 icon_blah.gif

IPB Image
This is my newest map. I have been wanting to design a dungeon lately. This is a fairly simple dungeon, in theory. It uses multi-leveled rooms as it's "gimmick" as well as conveyors, and other spiky nuisances.

Edited by Anthus, 26 January 2013 - 01:09 PM.

• Jared likes this

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

What a great BS and unique Classic maps!

What gets me the most is the ultimate atmosphere and variety of the third map, with this great floor/wall/gap combination and my favourite part: the unique use of the spiked columns!

Are you actually actively working on these, or you just found these on your harddrive? Just 'cause the 2nd is named "dead quest"...

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

The third one is from something I am currently working on. I am making a dungeon, but I'm not sure if it will amount to a quest. I have a lot of ideas, and concepts I'd like to try an use in ZC, and this dungeon is the beginning of that. Whether or not it will bloom into a full quest will depend on my feelings about it, time, and if people like it.

The BS, and second shots however, are older maps from past projects. I mean, technically, the Classic map is still "in progress" as I do work on the quest file when I get really bored, and feel motivated. The BS map though, will sadly stop at being a test icon_frown.gif

Thank you for the kind words. icon_smile.gif

#4 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

SkyLand as it is now, I have not yet added the people or any of the tiles to accompany them, also not wooden platforms to get your bird from since I am no scripter so would not know one thing about creating a bird script !

SkyLand

#5 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

This map is a map of my newest quest, A New Dawn. The overworld was finished I'm guessing mid-2011. The quest is likely to come out next update icon_smile.gif

http://imageshack.us...5/zelda003.png/

I'm not quite sure if this is a thread to showoff his map, or for everyone to publicly showoff their maps :/

Edited by Bagelmaster1, 03 January 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#6 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've shown this off before, but I really like the idea of the thread and I support it. Also, I've changed some things
Yusul Woods
  • Anthus likes this

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Great looking map Hubydweyer! Has a nice dark feel to it. Overall a good setup, and nicely detailed. icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

This as probably been asked countless times, but how exactly does one take a picture of a map? I mean not like a thumbnail but the whole thing in detail.
  • Anthus likes this

#9 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

You can just go to view->view map. And choose Full and save.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

How do I make it so Imageshack doesn't ruin my map? I uploaded a map of my (WIP) quest and it for some reason is unable to be zoomed in...

#11 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Did you save it down to Full quality? Also, I think Imageshack turns the pictures into a jpeg or gif where the quality will be bad. I suggest trying some other hosting site.

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(Bagelmaster1 @ Jan 3 2012, 06:25 PM) View Post

I'm not quite sure if this is a thread to showoff his map, or for everyone to publicly showoff their maps :/

Nice classic map. We don't see a ton of those these days. And yes, it is for everyone to show off their maps icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jan 5 2012, 01:40 AM) View Post

How do I make it so Imageshack doesn't ruin my map? I uploaded a map of my (WIP) quest and it for some reason is unable to be zoomed in...

When you upload it, there is an option at the bottom that asks you how you want it resized. You go to that little drop down menu, and select "Do not resize". It's always worked for me. Then if you want to link directly to the image, go to it after you upload it, click it once to zoom in, and right click it, then go to "view image". Now, copy the address from the URL bar, and use that in the [url] tags.

Edited by Anthus, 06 January 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#13 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

I thought I'd post a map from my latest project. Any feedback would be welcome! icon_smile.gif

http://rpgmaker.net/...ocker/ZCMap.png

#14 Zerro

Zerro

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

All these maps I'm viewing look really good. I kind of feel my maps could be so much better but below are the two versions of the Insufferable Land overworld:

Classic Tileset: http://images.npsx.n...z/overworld.png

Pure Tileset: http://images.npsx.n...e/overworld.png

#15 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Here's one from me.
"GBReborn" Map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users