Photo

Screenshot of the Week 171

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 171 (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Animus01
IPB Image
"On days when they're not busy fighting evil, Link and Riyago go to Gorn's Castle to accomplish a near-impossible feat: beating the plumbers' high score."

CastChaos
IPB Image
"Don't ask. It's Lost Woods."

DarkFlameWolf
IPB Image
"Wow, an ancient swamp temple....Link, behind you!"

Moonwhisper
IPB Image
"The Remnants are watching..."

Nuvo
IPB Image
These Goblin Soldiers will be sorry they ever attacked Link from the back!

Horrendously late. Sorry about that

#2 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

Nuvo, because I dig the mountains. Other shots are nice too but, Nuvo's really sticks out to me.

#3 andrewmcd1

andrewmcd1

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

I voted for Nuvo; The shot is well-constructed and the mountains that you used look brilliant.

2nd for me would be Animus, for making Mario Bros. in ZC.

3rd for me is DarkFlameWolf. The shot works well with all of its componants, but I didn't think that the palm trees fitted into the theme of "Swamp".

Edited by andrewmcd1, 29 July 2007 - 03:28 PM.

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:29 PM

I voted for Nuvo.

The mountains clash with the gameboy graphics a bit, but it still looks okay, and I like the palette.

#5 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jul 29 2007, 02:29 PM) View Post

I voted for Nuvo.

The mountains clash with the gameboy graphics a bit, but it still looks okay, and I like the palette.

Yeah, they do. But I honestly think they look tons better than the GB mountains anyway, it adds a good amount of gray to the shot which was otherwise originally brown.

Here's my original shot with GB mountains.

IPB Image I seriously think the new mountains are good. Thank you NoeL for the mountains you supplied us with.

Anyway, onto C&C.

Animus01: Haha, beautiful. Does both Link and Ryago work with the screen using scripts, or is Link just in there for the heck of it?

CastChaos: It's really cool, you have a great ability to make screens feel like they belong in LttP, which isn't bad in most cases.

DarkFlameWolf: A screenshot from my favorite quest. The palette is great, and the feeling is swampy, but the problem I have here is that trees coat (insert # here)% of the screen.

Moonwhisper: Good screenshot. I see that you have 1000 rupees, and are using my subscreen frames. Good job. By the way, the bottom right gem on the B border is supposed to be hollow so you can stick your current item counters in it.

Nulled, since I have a shot in the contest.

Edited by Nuvo, 29 July 2007 - 04:06 PM.

#6 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

The mountains make the screen look better, but you should probably replace more of the GB stuff with better graphics. Especially the trees.

#7 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(andrewmcd1 @ Jul 29 2007, 03:27 PM) View Post

2nd for me would be Animus, for making Mario Bros. in ZC.

Yeah. icon_smile.gif A few hours after I finished the ducts for Goriya Rebellion, I suddenly thought about this. I was planning on making it a minigame or perhaps a complete quest. I also had some ideas for the crystal in the middle. Link can hit it with his arrows, or Riyago can hit it with his boomerang to make a chest appear, which would either contain hearts, rupees, bombs, or the magic clock. If I do make a complete quest out of this, I'm probably going to make it in 2.5 to add the Roc's Feather for side-scrolling battle strategies.

#8 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

Moonwhisper i don't know but the subscreen and the layout of the screen made me vote for his shot

So this week i vote Moonwhisper

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

Animus01: I like the gameplay, but the colors are pretty odd.

CastChaos: That shot is great but not pleasing to my tastes. I'm personally sick of messy DOR Grounds.

DarkFlameWolf: Too many palm trees. Outstanding ground. I was expecting a shot that's more unique than your Lost Isle shots.

Moonwhisper: Good Subscreen. Odd use of fences and mountains and it doesn't give appeal to me.

Nuvo:(VOTE) Love the mountains, very unique, and lots of custom tiles. Be careful of the shrubs and sthe swamp.

THe colors determine how it caught my eye. (Gray is the lowest, Green is Moderate, Red the Highest)

#10 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

nuvos is the best it just has so much scenery makes it pretty

Edited by newbydude, 29 July 2007 - 05:49 PM.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

Nuvo'd.

- Animus01 -

Ah, the classic Plumber duo made into Zelda form! icon_biggrin.gif I like it. Not quite as detailed as the others, but I like it. icon_biggrin.gif

- CastChaos -

Good form. Nice, open, and detail.

- DarkFlameWolf -

Eh, small and repetitive. icon_shrug.gif Not your best work. icon_razz.gif

- Moonwhisper -

Great form and all, but... lacking in something. Looks good, but something's missing...

- Nuvo -

Altogether goodness. Maybe some palette clashes, but the screen design is really good. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

*votes Nuvo*

The only one that caught my eye really, the others were kinda so-so... interesting palette though, and the mountains (as awesome as they are icon_wink.gif ) kinda clash with some of the less detailed GB graphics.

But, yeah... you're welcome icon_razz.gif I didn't submit them to the database for no-one to use!

EDIT:
Also, I made those tiles so you can kind of "pull out" sections of mountain to make a more gradual, natural looking slope, rather than just a n-tile-high plateau. e.g.
IPB Image

Edited by NoeL, 30 July 2007 - 03:04 AM.

#13 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

Nuvo FTW!!!

#14 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jul 30 2007, 01:56 AM) View Post

*votes Nuvo*

The only one that caught my eye really, the others were kinda so-so... interesting palette though, and the mountains (as awesome as they are icon_wink.gif ) kinda clash with some of the less detailed GB graphics.

But, yeah... you're welcome icon_razz.gif I didn't submit them to the database for no-one to use!

EDIT:
Also, I made those tiles so you can kind of "pull out" sections of mountain to make a more gradual, natural looking slope, rather than just a n-tile-high plateau. e.g.
IPB Image

Thank you NoeL, I'll keep that in mind, the only reason I have the plateau is because it was based off of a GB screen, and I didn't want to mess with it too much.

As for the clash, maybe I'll find that tree I was drawing that was unfinished and finish it...

#15 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Nuvo gets my vote.
Awesome mountains icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users