Photo

Item of the Month No. 2: (Initial / Starting Item) Entries

Poll IotM Item of the Month Initial Starting First Item Items Contest Monthly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: IotM No.2 (February 2016) Poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Best Overall Item

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful for Quests/Questmakers

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative Item

Most Unusual/Original Item

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

Here are the entries for ItoM No. 2

Item Name: Phantom Cloak

By: grayswandir

Item Description
The Phantom Cloak is an item that allows you to dash forward several tiles (possibly through special blocks that would normally be solid, defaulting to the script 2 combo flag), dealing damage along the way. You also leave a bait at your original location, drawn transparently.

To setup, you need to examine everything the Integration section of code to make sure that it's compatible with your quest. The following two sections, Behavior and Default Arguments, have isolated some of the easier parts of the script to modify.

Then, give an item the activation script Use_PhantomCloak. The arguments are in the same order and effect as in the Default Arguments section - any item argument left at 0 will instead be set to those values.

You'll also need to call PhantomCloak_Update in your main active script loop.

ZC Version: 2.50.2
Quest Filehttps://app.box.com/...aqkjbsoe2pvedw7
Script Filehttps://app.box.com/...9x2kw0rzhr6penu

rxRA1hY.png

##################################################################################

Item Name: Ball and Chain

Item Description:
A ball and chain that follows you around as long as you have it selected. Press the button to pull it towards you. It's damage is proportional to its speed. If it's not moving fast enough, it will do no damage and change color. It can also break certain blocks (defaulting to script flag 1), advancing them to the next combo and potentially dropping an item.

It's a little bit hard to use as your default weapon, but I think it might be fun to design a quest around such a thing.

Instructions: Modify the Integration and Behavior sections as needed. The Integration section has code dealing with compatability between different scripts. The Behavior section specifies the different ball and chain items you may have. Almost every aspect of the item is specified in the various function calls. To make the level 2 ball and chain more damaging, for instance, you'll need to change BallChain_Damage to check for the level 2 item_id and return a different damage value.

Quest File: https://app.box.com/...aqkjbsoe2pvedw7
Script Filehttps://app.box.com/...7ot8fav9101ld36

enMToqC.png

##################################################################################

Item Name: Tuning Fork

Item Description:
The tuning fork is an item that, upon striking a wall or other solid object, causes Link to emit soundwaves for a short period of time. These soundwaves cause various effects to anything they hit, depending on the initial object struck.

It can also be used to detect bombable walls and such, similar to the sword.

This is currently moderately difficult to set-up, and is not recommended for beginners. I might be able to simplify it some, later, but currently you'll need to be familiar with zscript to modify it.

Quest File: https://app.box.com/...aqkjbsoe2pvedw7
Script Filehttps://app.box.com/...8nskgpll7aiz7x6

cKqNNHr.pngig75XcT.png

Item Name: Golden Bee
By: ywkls

Item Description

A bee that can be summoned every 6 seconds and hovers near you for 6 seconds. If any enemy who are vulnerable to fire get in range, it attacks them.

Script File:

Spoiler

Theme Suggestions for IotM No. 3

• Fire (ywkls)
  • Powerups, e.g. clock, guardian acorn, etc. (grayswandir)
  • Luck, RIches (ZoriaRPG)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 March 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#2 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:38 AM

Having played his DotM I had to go with the Phantom Cloak cause I loved it. xD

On first thought I thought it may be a bit OP for a starting item. But then playing his dungeon he showed great ways on how to use it without it being too too OP. It could in some ways be a replacement to the step ladder. And it has extra uses. That make it good for combat and puzzles. So yeah. Phantom Cloak for me.
  • grayswandir likes this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

In case anyone hasn't guessed, my submission was rushed because I wanted there to be more than one person's work in this thing and didn't want it to just die out.

I haven't tried any of grayswandir's items yet, but I plan to. When I do, I'll review them.

I've already thought of many ways to improve mine, including having it persist between screens until a timer has passed; then having the bee fly away like it does in LTTP.

Setup is fairly easy. Assign the script to a slot, create appropriate combos and sounds and make sure all your constants are set up properly. It's an item script for the action slot that runs an ffc script, though it has a global script to track the timer at all times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Poll, IotM, Item of the Month, Initial, Starting, First, Item, Items, Contest, Monthly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users