Links Decision 2

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 06 March 2022 - 04:54 AM

Thank you very much obake-san, I really enjoy this quest with ver 2.53.

Please let me tell you the bugs or something like that.
Sorry if they are depends on the zc version.

1) Past 32, a cave behind a statue
You can see a moblin there, but no message is out and nothing is there. (supposed to give a HCP)
... Do you need something?

2) Future 7A, the Plundered Grave
When going to the room through the breakable wall, you are stuck in the wall.
(supposed to get a HCP through that toom)

3) Future 38, a brown tree
After being burned, a black square appears.
(supposed to be a shop)

4) Future 74, a green tree
After being burned, a cave appears there, but the tree STAYS on it,
so you can't enter the cave. (supposed to be a cave with rupees)

--- They are not big problems below:

5) Past 53, a heavy rock
After being pushed, a black square appears.

6) Level 5 in Future, the minimap
There are a room on the minimap 01, even though nothing is there according to the walkthrough.

7) Class dungeon 2-3, the minimap
The compass indicates the place of the compass, instead of the final room.

8] Secret leves 1-4
You can access every secret leves after beating Level 5, although they're supposed to be unlocked after beating Ganon. Is that ok?

... And I don't find th 7th magic container in the Sacred Cave in future.
I pushed a switch in the Sacred Cave in present, but nothing happend.
If someone knows, please give me a clue to find the magic container!

Edited by RedHouse, 06 March 2022 - 08:32 PM.

#17 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 March 2022 - 11:48 PM

Thanks for the info RedHouse. Items 1-7 are fixed. A magic container issue is fixed, but it's not something that would be common. The fix for it does not reverse the problem, so if you think your save game already is locked out, let me know. There was an additional secret money cave entrance issue.

Bugs Fixed in version 0.9.5 (ranked by significance):

One heart container piece in the mountain couldn't be obtained, cave had error.

One heart container piece in the grave can't be reached, can't get close enough to pick up keys..

One heart container piece in the grave ostensibly got you stuck, but was not impossible to get.

One magic container missing, but glitch is only if done in a particular way. Uncommon issue.

One mid-game shop couldn't be reached, entrance had error.

Two money caves couldn't be reached, entrances had errors.

Couple graphical issues, but nothing important.

The update will be available for download on the quest's page until it's published on PureZC.

• RedHouse likes this

#18 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 13 March 2022 - 08:39 PM

How do I Get pass this Room in Secret Dungeon 3?

Post the Solutions for the Upper Right Room

Probably I can't solve the same puzzle.

If anyone could get passed, please tell me any clue or help!

https://imgur.com/a/ZZW4fK0

#19 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 14 March 2022 - 08:44 PM

You're right, sorry about that. I thought you meant the other room that already got fixed. That room got moved here from an earlier dungeon, and I forgot that part of the original puzzle was to have a door on each side. Although I added a few pushblock buttons for fun, the block layout has not changed at all. This fix will be included in the official v0.9.6 update, but for now you can use this version.

https://jeah.net/~ob....2.v0.9.5.1.zip

Edited by obake-san, 14 March 2022 - 09:20 PM.

• RedHouse likes this

#20 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 16 March 2022 - 02:05 PM

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but the .95 update happened to fix a softlock issue I had with level 5. Specifically,

Spoiler
These issues are now surprisingly fixed.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 16 March 2022 - 02:06 PM.

#21 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 18 March 2022 - 10:38 PM

New release v0.9.6

Fixes the issues with F6/quit+continue in a few screens of L5 (reported above) and L7, the one screen in S3 now has a solution (reported above), and the castle 2nd floor room is now accessible (reported a while ago). Guys in caves outside L7 react to door (has no effect on anything in the game). Thanks to the people who are reporting these bugs. Please, any more, let me know. Thanks.

Edited by obake-san, 19 March 2022 - 03:24 PM.

• RedHouse likes this

#22 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 20 March 2022 - 01:11 PM

For some reason, this pushblock doesn't open the doors and I end up trapped in this room and unable to advance in the dungeon:

ujiqQUv.png

#23 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 March 2022 - 04:08 PM

Sorry about that, wrong flag number was used. For now, download the latest version from the quest's site below. It will be included in the official 0.9.7 release.

https://jeah.net/~ob....2.v0.9.6.1.zip

#24 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 March 2022 - 04:27 PM

Anybody have any more issues? Let me know. I'm trying to get the next version 0.97 published this week, and I'd like to take care of as much as possible. Aside from this issue above, I discovered that Secret-1 has the wrong music (music list on the quest's site was completed), and two thirds of the class dungeons say the wrong time period on the minimap. Those aesthetic issues will also be fixed in the next version.

#25 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 March 2022 - 02:31 PM

Spoiler

In the Ganon room, my character's sprite turned, and stayed invisible once I entered the boss door and during my entire time in this room. I could still beat Ganon and the sprite returned to normal once I exited the Ganon room.

And this is a more non-specific comment, but I suggest taking a close look at the multitude of push-block maze rooms throughout the dungeons. In many cases, it's possible to get stuck and necessitate an F6-continue. In fact, I got stuck many times in various block rooms during my playthrough.

Edit: the quest maker PMed me and told me that it's intended for the player's sprite to be invisible in the Ganon room.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 25 March 2022 - 02:29 PM.

#26 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 March 2022 - 02:28 PM

4x34R7F.png

Please tell me the boss key isn't found by a push block in one of the random 64 rooms that I already passed through.

#27 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 March 2022 - 02:35 PM

It should be straight east from your location in the northeast corner room of the dungeon, at the end of the final column. I'm guessing it didn't appear in the northeast corner room.

#28 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:38 PM

I found a few more minor bugs, mostly spelling and graphical. I did fix the level 4 instructions in the Help Cave to reference the right time period and to generally be more clear. I fixed the number of locked doors in class dungeon 3-x-past, since it was possible to complete it with an extra key. I slightly remixed the 1st dungeon song because the cymbals were just too loud.

I've also added a pretty basic thing that doesn't change the game at all, there will now be fairy fountain tiles at every dungeon end room, behind the item or tear. That way with the warps already in the corners of the room you can heal and get back to the start quickly without pulling a F6 every time. The first dungeon will point out the purpose of the shallow water, although that doesn't explain it for the people already in the middle of the quest.

I'm midway through another test run before releasing the full version, but if you want to check out a temporary version from the quest's site: Links.Decision.2.v0.9.6.2.zip . I'll be done with my test run by Saturday, so I should have the new version completed this weekend, but this time I can say it with more fixes.

#29 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:36 AM

Yes, it's been a while, but I fixed a lot of bugs, and made some minor tweaks. Fairy pools at the end room of every dungeon. A whistle warp zone to take you to the coin cave if you've been there before (warp zone now more clear also). I changed the clocks to temporary, because some places it makes it too easy. And there's another secret dungeon, closing up the last thing that could possibly happen in the game. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the entrance working right yet. A few other There were so many fixes, and I have a few more written down, but I might not be able to work on them this coming week, so I uploaded a new version to the quest's website. Once I figure out how to get the entrance working (and fix the few things I wrote down), I'll release 0.97 on purezc.

https://jeah.net/~ob....2.v0.9.6.3.zip

#30 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2022 - 04:45 PM

V 1.0 Release. You can download the new version on PureZC.

It's taken a while, but I made a lot of fixes and several improvements, and a couple rounds of testing. I'm calling this one v1.0 because this is a lot of fixes and the last of the additions. The only changes from this point on will only be to address specific bugs.

Additions/Improvements:

Warp Zone - This is more clear, and it even has a few words. And one shortcut was added to the coin cave if you've already been in it.

Coin Cave - Prize money increased to a little more than 1500 rupees. Added red leevers, not sure how I forgot something that dropped so many rupees. Plus now there's the warp zone shortcut.

HCP Cave - The two portions east and west of the start behind the heavy blocks are completely redone. Instead of side view and simple blocks, these three heart container pieces are now in mazes modeled after areas of the HCP cave in Link's Decision 1.

Bombable Cave in Future Town - Now this leads to the abandoned cave. It's much bigger than one screen, so look around.

Secret 5 - Yes it exists. Extremely difficult. You need to get through all the other secrets first. If you've already beaten the secrets, you might need to go back to the victory screens of each. There is a map on the walkthrough.

Bug Fixes

There's a way to exit the arena now, so if you die or F6, you can leave as originally intended.
Bombable cave in the future town is no longer an error tile, leads to a cave of some significance.
LVL Class 3-2, pushblock didn't open a door.
Added locked door to class dungeon 1-4, one was missing and you could exit the level with a spare key which was unintended.
Fixed help cave's directions to level 4, correct time period, and more clearly worded.
Adjusted the cymbals volume in the zelda 1 underworld song in level 1-1 present.
Replaced one of the jungle songs because of playback errors, but with a different midi of the same song.
Created custom tile for Douglas Adams.

Secret 1 some screens were made a little more difficult.

Secret 1 now there is no way to miss getting the boss key at the end.

Secret 1 music was incorrect, replaced with correct song. The songs are not supposed to repeat.

Secret 2 had two bad screen warps, which are now fixed. The odd warp destinations are fixed too.

Secret 3 changed a few room orders and fixed a couple triggers, so that going back a screen to restart a block puzzle doesn't get you shuttered.

Secret 3 you can now buy you way through the class-specific area, allowing people who haven't chosen a class to get through. 300 rupees.

Secret 3 fixed two broken block puzzle rooms, and the class specific puzzles for the wizard and the monk.

Secret 3 - Made it impossible to leave the dungeon with an extra key. It didn't matter before secret 5 was added.

Graphical glitches fixed in various places. Several spelling errors (WIZZARD is unchanged). Improved midi for two songs. Plenty of minor stuff.

I've also completed the song list in case anybody is interested. The final count is 99 custom songs, all except one from various video games.

Edited by obake-san, 25 April 2022 - 06:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users