Photo

Screenshot of the Week 100!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 100!!! (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 100!!!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

I've never seen any shote like the one PrinceMSC has up there.. Maybe he's shown it elsewhere but I've never seen it if he has.. Every shot here is absolutely great, but in my opinion, none of them match up to the awesomeness of Prince's shot. I voted for him. icon_smile.gif

Did you know "awesomeness" is an actual word? Seriously, look it up in a good dictionary.

#32 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:41 PM

Prince is the winner for SotW100! Congratulations Tilemaster!  Remember, this coming week is SOTM! 

Awwww, you forgot to post my screen for this week, and now it is SotM! I guess you can save the screen for the next week. lol. I guess I will save my other picture for another time.

By the way, I voted for Prince's shot, I forgot to post. His shot is amazing. Also, it is true that all of his overworld shots have a wallfall in them. I guess that is his speciality. icon_razz.gif

#33 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

NOOO! I actualy had a shot at SotM, but no, Prince has to make it there too icon_razz.gif

Congratulations though, Prince icon_smile.gif

#34 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

I wanna address a few things...

First off I'm glad the majority of you like my screenshot. I can assure you there is tons more where that came from.

Also, I know when I show off overworld shots they usually have a waterfall. That's because waterfalls are so dang pretty. Besides, I think it helps break up the monotonous of green.

And the last thing on my mind is that I know some of you think this shot could be from a quest named Revenge 3. Though that would be pretty cool, I can not confirm this. Infact, I really can't tell you much about what it is I'm doing. So I leave you to speculate.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#35 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

I know I'm late, but I'd like to give my opinions of each picture as well.

Okay, we'll start with Tobias Daboi. The rips are nice, but you're not going to win anything just posting ground and walls. Get variety in there. Yes, I know you haven't gotten to that, but you'll need something... more for a chance at winning SotW.

PrinceMSC: Ah yes, even Prince gets suggestions from me. ^_^

While the waterfall is nice, and I'm sure it's gorgious when in motion, I *do* have a problem with the water. The river flowing from the north looks extremely shallow. Though, that's not quite a big deal. Now, I'm assuming that the bottom pool is deeper than the river. In that case (and because it's lower down), the water would look that much more awesome if it was a deeper shade down there. Deeper water is generally darker. I don't know if your palettes allow for that, and my guess is that they don't. But, if you can find a way, I'd definately darked the water at the bottom. Nice shot otherwise, though. I like the lighter-than-usual blue.

Radien:

Nice to see the perspective tests put to good use in a screen. There's not a whole lot happening on your screen, but I can see what you were trying to show. The one-tile waterfalls just don't seem to fit, though. If the walls slope, so should the direction of the water. The water "ripples" should also get smaller as they get further down the waterfall, to further illustrate the depth. At that point, you might as well start the waterfalls from scratch, though that's a lot of work, so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. Will you be using this style of cliffs throughout your current quest, or any future projects?

Mr. Z:

Oh, how I less than three the lava. It's just beautiful. I'm not sure why nobody's made chests that don't face downward; these are the exact situations in which we need them. Altogether, the screen looks nice. I'm not a big fan of wall borders in tight spaces, so I'm not too fond of the borders going down those one-tile halls, but the shot really does look nice.

System Error:

I can dig those blue torches. I don't quite like the square-room design, but I can see why you made it that way. You wouldn't want an overly-complex room to fight a boss in. Maybe just carve a couple corners on the left side or something to give some variation. Maybe some torches or something to go on the walls as well.

ZC-Ninja:

I very much like the house and sign. The trees, though, look a bit flat. Find a way to give them some depth. Your greens look a bit bright, but that's just my tastes. I'd personally make them less vibrant.

Jonathan:

ou sure can make some nice looking tiles. Many of your shots make me think you're ripping them. Don't take that the wrong way; I just think you're THAT good of an artist. The beds, in particular, look nice to me. The stairs on the top and bottom look a bit odd, though. They lack depth, and instead look like bridges in and out. Overall, though, I really like this shot.

Hero Link:

I've never played Final Fantasy, so I wouldn't have known these were ripped (boo on me, I guess). The pillars are in some... odd... places (I feel like I can't get any kind of correct perspective here). The blue table thing looks *really* bright, as do some of the orange objects in the room. I don't get any nostalgia value out of the pic, so I'm probably missing something.

And that about does it for my SotW analysis. I was late, so I didn't vote for anybody. See you next time!

#36 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Revenge 3 would be cool, esp. if you kept the same vein like the previous, where revenge 2 was simply a updated overworld with new dungeons. Well, Revenge 3 could be a updated overworld that has both a LIGHT and a DARK side + new dungeons. Would sound good to me and would round out the 'trilogy' icon_wink.gif

#37 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Fox @ Oct 3 2005, 12:07 AM)
Hero Link:

I've never played Final Fantasy, so I wouldn't have known these were ripped (boo on me, I guess).  The pillars are in some... odd... places (I feel like I can't get any kind of correct perspective here).  The blue table thing looks *really* bright, as do some of the orange objects in the room.  I don't get any nostalgia value out of the pic, so I'm probably missing something.

Everything is ripped directly from FF3 from the NES. After my quest is made, I may go an do a pallete makeover for the tileset.

#38 andross53

andross53

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:04 AM

No game here Prince has got my vote cause of the water, it justs look great. icon_heh.gif

#39 KDillon

KDillon

Senior

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

system error you got my vote but im the only person who voted for u does that make me a bad voter? idk but i like the custom boss... is it a custom boss? ohhh im so akward!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users