Lost Isle

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#196 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Man,,!!! Despite I killed the boss today and made final cleaning...""" I haven't be able to get the ladder"""  I keep on trying but can't do it,,! the time manner to hit those statues with the boomer is way to fast (for my) little short time and they tell me..""you are to slow...bla bla... is this the only way to solve this..???  if so,,, think I'm lost - just can't move my hand faster""  gee z   may peteo give me a little hand over here...??????? :shrug: :shrug: any 1 have any .... :ahha: ???

#197 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Maybe you could use the F11 cheat and get past the room and only use the cheat once for the ladder to keep in the game. :)

#198 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

Maybe you could use the F11 cheat and get past the room and only use the cheat once for the ladder to keep in the game. :)

Hi Matthew"' your idea is wonderful.. only thing this quest is cheat no enabled and and render F11 useless, I don't wanna even think that can't play any more, that would be a mayor disaster for me, maybe on the oncoming summer the heat give me a little relief and I can finally beat that room"... very well then.. lets see what happen  thanks Matthew""

#199 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

Well thanks to all for so many suggestions"" I managed to get another ladder but the real one still in there  just need to get the faster boomer , so I'll be back and get that ladder -- got the second power bracelet and some stuffs on the sand on the desert

would like if some one could tell me where the faster boomerang is at..?  meanwhile I'm doing level four......

#200 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

Magic Boomerang

Almost easier to use a video than try to describe where the boomerang is.  Start of cave around 12:00.

You can get the ladder with regular boomerang, but it does take a bit of work throwing it correctly

• vravelo likes this

#201 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

Magic Boomerang

Almost easier to use a video than try to describe where the boomerang is.  Start of cave around 12:00.

You can get the ladder with regular boomerang, but it does take a bit of work throwing it correctly

hi pixcalibur thanks for helping and old friend!! WOW nice video clip for boomer location,, I'm doing level-4, but will go get the boomer and come back to level-3 to get the ladder, after that everything will be OK! thanks

#202 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

managed to get that faster boomer,, had to come back and activate the switch with my boomerang .. didn't put  to much attention to the video.. now came back to level-3.. lets see what happen next thanks pixcalibur, nice video!!

#203 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

finally the nightmare is behind.. :bounce: ... beat the quest thanks to many help from to many friends ,, RUSS give me first advise and tips,, pixcalibur  got incredible LPs ,, the wise advises from my friend ""ARTISTIC""  was incredible push""  my god. Artistic thank you very much  you are the best ever"" :clap: :clap:  .. now I'm waiting for PETEO"' he may got some to show!!!  thanks

• Artistic likes this

#204 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

You did it! That was a struggle, but hopefully an enjoyable one. ^_^

• vravelo likes this

#205 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

You did it! That was a struggle, but hopefully an enjoyable one. ^_^

Hi peteo" nice to see you! you're right  this was fantastic!! (thought I may need some medical help after that, but is ok! Man let me know when you come out with something, I means any quest or so, peteo thanks for showing up :bounce:

#206 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Just popped in on a whim and saw that, surprisingly, this quest is actually still getting talked about. Was quite the nice surprise to come back to. Good to see folks are still discovering it many years after the fact....like a decade now? Nice review recently, Sofaking. Glad you came back and stuck it through until the end. As for someone else who praised the MIDI choices, I was the one who chose those from a variety of sources, but 90% coming from Duke Nukem 3D soundtracks from both the official game and spin-off fan made mission packs. I felt the atmosphere of those songs meshed better with the environment I was creating for this world/island.

#207 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

Not giving this quest a fair chance had always been bugging me so I decided I would at least stick it out past level 1 and onto level 2, and damn if I didn't get hooked.   I doubt I'd ever replay it but I'm glad I gave it a full go.  

#208 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

As for someone else who praised the MIDI choices, I was the one who chose those from a variety of sources, but 90% coming from Duke Nukem 3D soundtracks from both the official game and spin-off fan made mission packs. I felt the atmosphere of those songs meshed better with the environment I was creating for this world/island.

I've managed to find most of the songs used in the quest in the Duke Nukem Soundtrack, but Sky Garden's theme still eludes me. I'm assuming it's a Duke Nukem fan theme, but from which one (or at least what was the original theme called)?

#209 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

Oh geez....it was a very old Duke Nukem 3D 4-episode conversion. I think it was called... 'The Gate?' The MIDI came from there and it is one of my favorite themes, bar none.

• Deedee likes this

#210 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Oh geez....it was a very old Duke Nukem 3D 4-episode conversion. I think it was called... 'The Gate?' The MIDI came from there and it is one of my favorite themes, bar none.

Going through a few of the MIDIs of it, I already found the catacombs theme :D

I had no idea Duke Nukem music was this good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users