The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Nature

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

[/u]icon_biggrin.gif Finally The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Nature has been released to public download.

I been working on this demo for now 2 months. Been put a lot of hard work into it and re-did the entire game .. I expect feedback on how the game is .. because it will then tell me if I should continue on with the project... I tested it for it to work good , no mistakes, no mis-aligns and no missed warp screens.

NOW FOR THE ACTION

Buttons A and B - are to equip diffrent items which in this demo the only item you will be able to use are the ember seeds.

The ''L'' Button - is to read signs, and talk to NPC's.

The 'R'' Button - is to ''roll''
The DEMO runs from intro - hero's cave -maku tree-maku cave and it ends there.

I really hope you enjoy it .. I'm expecting feedback like I said the feedback lets me know if I should continue with it...

::Credits::

Tileset --- Akkabus(getting edited by me)

Quest Template --- Joe123

Music ---vgmusic.com

Enemies --- the spriter's resource.com

Graphics --- the legend of zelda oracle of seasons rom

Userbar --- Weasels

Quest helper --- Joe123

::Scripts::

---Joe123
Item scripts
Global scripts
Ffc scripts
TEACHING me how to script icon_wink.gif

---_L_
Item scripts
Global scripts
Ffc scripts

---Gleeok
Ffc scripts
Scripting advisor

---Elmensajero
Global scripts

---Myself
Item scripts
Ffc scripts
And quest creators =p

---jman2025
A few scripts

---MatthewPZC
Item scripts
Global scripts
Ffc scripts

--- AGN Pkmnfrk
Ffc scripts

Edited by Christian, 24 December 2008 - 04:53 AM.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I don't really play many quests...
But when I saw this one, I decided to download... No, not for a pleasant playthrough... but to laugh at a n00bs work... sorry icon_frown.gif
You sir, owned me hard... because this is AWESOME!
I haven't played all of it just yet, but the little I DID get to play, was awesome. The intro was also really cool. Great work at capturing the GB Zelda feel! Wooo!

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

icon_biggrin.gif hehe thanks i really tried to have that classic gameboy oracle feel ...i will release another demo soon from level 1 to 2 anything i should change to it? or is it good

#4 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

still trying to find ZC2.5...

it's not on shardstorm, btw.....

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

quick edit if you already downloaded the link above delete it and re- download i found a warp mistake in naron city And to powerbracelet you go to shardstorm.com and roll all the way to the bottom untill you spot BUILD 679

#6 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:48 AM

ah...okay...

#7 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:52 AM

must be use only on 2.5 beta 679 because if used on another version of zelda classic certain scripts like the climbing and hole or even the freeform combos would'nt work correctly.

Edited by drzchulo973, 21 September 2008 - 10:54 AM.

#8 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

Wow, that was good. The intro had a few three second long pauses that made it a little boring and the only reason I thought to slash the gate to the Maku Tree was because it worked in Oracle of Seasons. Other than that, it was great!

#9 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

what part of the intro? u mean when link visits the triforce?

#10 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Sep 21 2008, 09:29 AM) View Post

I don't really play many quests...
But when I saw this one, I decided to download... No, not for a pleasant playthrough... but to laugh at a n00bs work... sorry icon_frown.gif
You sir, owned me hard... because this is AWESOME!
I haven't played all of it just yet, but the little I DID get to play, was awesome. The intro was also really cool. Great work at capturing the GB Zelda feel! Wooo!

Migo took the words right out of my mouth. Or rather, I took them out of his. Either way, great quest. The screens were great too, why don't you ever submit to sotw?

One thing though, perhaps make a different button for rolling and reading/talking? It gets annoying rolling around and accidently talking to somebody.

Edited by Lithium, 21 September 2008 - 04:23 PM.

#11 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Holy Crap! When playing this quest, I kinda felt like playing the real Oracle games game on the Gameboy. You did a really awesome job with this quest. I'm hoping to play this when it's finished. icon_smile.gif

9/10

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

I've only just got past the intro- the grammar was awful. If you'd like, I could be the proofreader for the quest. Think it over. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, the intro was more or less solid, and it kept very in-line with the Oracles. One bug that you may need to fix is that I could press the left arrow key and really break the intro at any point, and you definitely need to fix that.

Unfortunately, I've gotta run and can't play any more now, but the screen design in Naron is really good. Remember not to put any obstacles less than two tiles away from an open edge, though, so that the player doesn't have to walk around so much.

#13 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

Looking great so far, have some stuff I feel needs improvement though.

~Titlescreen needs to be redone, at least the text, it just looks sloppy and unappealing (I can actually help you with this, making title screens is one of my favorite things to do in ZC. Here's the one I'm currently using for despair as an example of what I've done, and can help you do. Please PM me if you want assistance in any image editing, ripping, finding a suitable background, fonts, anything.
http://six50studios....titlescreen.gif )
~Grammar in strings. Always start sentences with capitals, capitalize "I" and there were more mistakes but those we the things I saw the most.

I'll edit this list when I finish the demo, gotta go to dinner now though.

Edited by Plissken, 21 September 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#14 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback ^_^ i guess it tells me i will continue to work on it.i will get back to it and will finish the first dungeon and obtaining the first essence in the game. And to plissken i tried the URL to see it i think its broken or something theres an error on the link and sure anything to make it even better

Edited by drzchulo973, 21 September 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#15 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

I didn't have any build specific errors(had to play it on build 790, as its the linux build I have.)

It really feels like an Oracles game, like Octorok said, you even have those puzzles around that look impossible to do until you have what you need much later icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users