Ganon's Revenge II: Destiny of a Hero Help

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

At least I could track down remaining, non-fatal bugs, like beta tester.

1. Going eastwards through upper doorway in this screen (level 3) results in getting stuck in solid wall.

LKFVLA5.png

2. Lens of Truth reveals 2 red squares in this screen on the road to level 5.

ENkqxM4.png

3. Level 8. This screen with mirror wizzrobes reveals leftovers of a puzzle when scanned with Lens of Truth.

1cw1W36.png

4. Also I am missing map for Level 8.

As for now I am entering level 9.

---

EDIT: Aaaand finished the quest!

wKsbqkL.png

Some more issues to point out:

5. Stepping into orange sand can easily result in instant death without any warning, if you don`t look into guide.

lolNIcx.png

6. Stalfos III in the level 3. That`s quite serious difficulty spike here...

zpb0Obf.png

7. Also Tip&cheats section says that it`s possible to find all 2.10 items in this quest. As at quest end, I am missing fast bow. 

Edited by Alucard648, 07 September 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#17 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:22 AM

Bugs 1-3 have all been fixed.  Thanks a lot for your assistance -- I've actually really appreciated it.  I'm gonna wait a while to see if more bugs get reported in this thread by other people before I push another update, since nothing so far has been quite game-breaking.

For Level 8: The map is in the middle room of the row of horizontal rooms towards the top (the one where the walls on the sides are open, there are graves, and the floor is all a brick pattern) -- you have to kill all the enemies.  Given how crucial the Map in Level 8 is compared to the Compass, I might switch the two...

I dunno how to handle the orange (damaging) sand.  I'll probably tone down the damage some, but beyond that I'm not sure how to signal it besides making it a somewhat ominous-looking color.  I feel kinda the same way about the sand in Level 6... there'll probably be changes to that to distinguish it more, too.

I don't personally have a problem with the Stalfos 3... I actually thought about changing it, but there's only one of them, and it's easy to keep him from stunning you by using the Fire Boomerang (which you should have by that point).  Still, if a lot of people have complaints, I'll probably change it.

I'm trying to think about how I should handle Long Bow not being in the quest.  Probably I'll just put a note putting it as an exception (ie. note that the quest has every 2.10 item except Bow 2), but it's possible I'll put it in as a bonus item somewhere.  The second Amulet's not in the quest either, but I don't think that's implemented in 2.10 yet?  Not sure... again, I'll decide by the time I come out with another release.

#18 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

I dunno how to handle the orange (damaging) sand.  I'll probably tone down the damage some, but beyond that I'm not sure how to signal it besides making it a somewhat ominous-looking color.  I feel kinda the same way about the sand in Level 6... there'll probably be changes to that to distinguish it more, too.

I don't personally have a problem with the Stalfos 3... I actually thought about changing it, but there's only one of them, and it's easy to keep him from stunning you by using the Fire Boomerang (which you should have by that point).  Still, if a lot of people have complaints, I'll probably change it.

I'm trying to think about how I should handle Long Bow not being in the quest.  Probably I'll just put a note putting it as an exception (ie. note that the quest has every 2.10 item except Bow 2), but it's possible I'll put it in as a bonus item somewhere.  The second Amulet's not in the quest either, but I don't think that's implemented in 2.10 yet?  Not sure... again, I'll decide by the time I come out with another release.

About sand: what about replacing it with spikes? Pretty much every quest that uses boots has spikes as walkable damage combos.

Stalfos 3: there are 2 of these in that problematic screen, mixed with stalfos 2.

Fast bow: what about hiding it behind that pushable skull in Dark Mountain?

5C3i4AC.png

Amulet 2 is not implemented in 2.10.

#19 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

I am coming across a lot of people who are asking for a crystal if i want to pass beyond in addition to the one in the Armos area. I also can not seem to get into the Ice Palace (no key for only entry i can find), nor can i find the level 2 glove.  Any tips?

Edit:  Just realized i never finished the shadow temple, will finish it and see where i am then

Edit #2:  FOund the 2nd arrow and the boots, and another crystal.  Any tips on the others?  Also, where is the 2nd Glove, super bombs, and the flippers?  there are a few area's i can not get to on the map due to not having them. And i found the ice palace key.  Checking it now.

Edited by jwex001, 10 September 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#20 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

I am coming across a lot of people who are asking for a crystal if i want to pass beyond in addition to the one in the Armos area. I also can not seem to get into the Ice Palace (no key for only entry i can find), nor can i find the level 2 glove.  Any tips?

Edit:  Just realized i never finished the shadow temple, will finish it and see where i am then

Edit #2:  FOund the 2nd arrow and the boots, and another crystal.  Any tips on the others?  Also, where is the 2nd Glove, super bombs, and the flippers?  there are a few area's i can not get to on the map due to not having them. And i found the ice palace key.  Checking it now.

The 2nd glove and the super bomb is in level 7 (Lavareef Cave) and the flippers are in level 5 (Icicle Temple).

• Rambly likes this

#21 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

I am coming across a lot of people who are asking for a crystal if i want to pass beyond in addition to the one in the Armos area.

Wait, which ones? There should only be 3 in the whole quest: Armos Cave, blue ??? cave, red (pink) ??? cave.

In addition to the crystal you get from Armos Training Area, there's one crystal in Level 6 (Shadow Palace), and one in Level 8 (Temple of the Dead).

About sand: what about replacing it with spikes? Pretty much every quest that uses boots has spikes as walkable damage combos.

I figured the overworld sand made intuitive sense as a "hot sand" type of thing, and that spikes would look odd on the overworld. I did go ahead and make the sand brighter, and it doesn't do nearly as much damage (1 heart instead of 4!).
... however, yeah, spikes would work better for Shadow Palace. I don't know why it's using sand, anyway; legitimately doesn't make sense, especially considering it's not really a desert dungeon. I'm changing that next chance I get.

Stalfos 3: there are 2 of these in that problematic screen, mixed with stalfos 2.

I didn't realize there were two, yikes. Okay, I toned it down some. There's only one Stalfos 3 now, the other Stalfoses aren't 2s anymore, and there's less of them.

Fast bow: what about hiding it behind that pushable skull in Dark Mountain?
5C3i4AC.png

That's almost certainly what I'm going to do next chance I get; thanks for the suggestion. I was gonna hide it on Dark Mountain almost inevitably anyway, cuz that's the only real spot left to hide stuff.

Edited by Rambly, 11 September 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#22 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

Pretty cool quest so far Rambly!  Just made it to the Icicle Temple.  Will likely LP this at some point after my test run is done.  :3

#23 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

Pretty cool quest so far Rambly!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. My only request is that you update to the newest version before LPing it. I'd rather have the best possible version of the quest be enshrined in LP form, after all. :P

Finally put out another version. This one mostly fixes the bugs reported so far in this thread. It also adds the Long Bow, in exactly the spot Alucard648 suggested earlier in the thread. You can download it either here or from the QDB (update pending, as usual).

Edited by Rambly, 14 September 2017 - 05:50 AM.

• Alucard648 likes this

#24 Marc

Marc

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

hey guys need help with the haunting wood. i do what the hint guy tell but i didnt come forward pls help.

#25 Marc

Marc

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

hey guys i am stuck in the haunted woods.i do what the hintman say but i cant go forward.what is my fault?

#26 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

hey guys i am stuck in the haunted woods.i do what the hintman say but i cant go forward.what is my fault?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First go to this screen in the Haunted Woods.

L9JS6ou.png

Now go left, go down, go right, go down, go left, go left, now you should be on this screen now,

bfNxYvV.png

Now you use the maze path (maze path)

Spoiler
after using the maze path go down. You should see a Armos and a some stairs. If you haven't pushed the Armos yet do that before taking stairs. You'll notice he walks on the trees..so kill him and find the path to go to the screen on the right get item then go back to the stairs. Take stairs, after coming out from the stairs, go right, then go down, you should see a place to enter. That's level 3 (Tree Palace)

Edited by Artistic, 15 September 2017 - 03:22 PM.

• Rambly and Marc like this

#27 Marc

Marc

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

thanks a lots i never get this alone

another problem what should i do with the rock blocking my way

• Artistic likes this

#28 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

thanks a lots i never get this alone

another problem what should i do with the rock blocking my way

You use a regular bomb on it.

• Rambly and Marc like this

#29 Marc

Marc

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

thanks,i got to lvl 3 but i dont have an clue to come forward =).i try everything

#30 AtrusW0nder

AtrusW0nder

Creator

• Members

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Where the heck is the Lens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users