Ganon's Revenge II: Destiny of a Hero Help

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Where in the Forest Temple is the Arrow to be found?

Very good quest, by the way.

#2 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Got stuck with a puzzle in level 4

woVHGr3.png

That solid floor tile does not move at all. And Lens of Truth didn`t reveal anything besides target position.

Edited by Alucard648, 05 September 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

Where in the Forest Temple is the Arrow to be found?

Level 3 arrow minor hint

Very good quest, by the way.

Thank you!

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

Got stuck with a puzzle in level 4

woVHGr3.png

That solid floor tile does not move at all. And Lens of Truth didn`t reveal anything besides target position.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used the wrong push flag

Thanks for letting me know about that.  I've posted an update that hopefully fixes it; you can download it here if you'd rather not wait for it to be processed.  Hopefully there's nothing else game-breaking?  Fingers crossed.

Edited by David, 05 September 2017 - 11:31 AM.
Added Alucard's post as a quote for clarity.

• Alucard648 likes this

#5 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Just posting here to note that I merged the two Ganon's Revenge topics and linked this topic to that quest so people can find it more easily. :)

For the sake of clarity, I also edited your post, Rambly, by adding Alucard's quoted post.

#6 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

Missing the map for level 3. Instead of staircase where map was supposed to be, burning the tree resulted in red square.

SaZjsi9.png

EDIT: Also need more clarification about heart piece locations in levels 2,3,4. Apparently I missing one of these, or it`s missing at all (bug).

Edited by Alucard648, 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#7 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Just posting here to note that I merged the two Ganon's Revenge topics and linked this topic to that quest so people can find it more easily. :)

Any chance you'd edit the quest's full title back into the thread title? There's already a quest named Ganon's Revenge and I don't want people getting confused.

Missing the map for level 3. Instead of staircase where map was supposed to be, burning the tree resulted in red square.
SaZjsi9.png

Fixed; thank you. It'll be in the next update.

EDIT: Also need more clarification about heart piece locations in levels 2,3,4. Apparently I missing one of these, or it`s missing at all (bug).

There's a list of heart pieces in the readme, although I'm assuming you don't want to be spoiled on the rest. I've already verified that these are all obtainable, thankfully.
Heart piece locations for Levels 2-4

#8 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Any chance you'd edit the quest's full title back into the thread title? There's already a quest named Ganon's Revenge and I don't want people getting confused.

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I was actually gonna do that but it slipped from my mind.

#9 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Great quest..  I got the arrow but wasn't able to find the bow in the forest.  What screen is it located?

#10 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks for letting me know about that.  I've posted an update that hopefully fixes it; you can download it here if you'd rather not wait for it to be processed.  Hopefully there's nothing else game-breaking?  Fingers crossed.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good to know I thought I would have to come back later with a better glove or something. Thanks for this quest.

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:05 AM

Great quest..  I got the arrow but wasn't able to find the bow in the forest.  What screen is it located?

Spoiler

#12 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Got stuck in level 8

2iR27zb.png

Lens of Truth said that there is a treasure chest hidden in this screen and nothing more. No pushable blocks here.

Also heart piece guide is a bit misleading - there are 3 heart pieces located in swamp area, not 2.

Edited by Alucard648, 06 September 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#13 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:37 PM

Got stuck in level 8
2iR27zb.png
Lens of Truth said that there is a treasure chest hidden in this screen and nothing more. No pushable blocks here.
Also heart piece guide is a bit misleading - there are 3 heart pieces located in swamp area, not 2.

Fixed and fixed.  The solution for that room actually doesn't involve pushing blocks.  There's another new version that fixes that bug (also fixes the level 3 map bug and the heart piece guide), which once again should be available on the site soon and is also downloadable here.

#14 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Fixed and fixed.  The solution for that room actually doesn't involve pushing blocks.  There's another new version that fixes that bug (also fixes the level 3 map bug and the heart piece guide), which once again should be available on the site soon and is also downloadable here.

The download contains old version with bugged map room in level 3.

#15 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

The download contains old version with bugged map room in level 3.

Try again...

EDIT: I'm sorry this release has been such a mess.  My only beta tester bailed so I've been having to test the quest start-to-finish on my own, and it got kinda exhausting after a while.  I guess stuff just slips through the cracks or there's stuff I just forget to document.  My other quests had exactly the same problem (IHM2 was probably worse), and I guess the lesson to learn here is to maybe actually publicly announce projects and try to round up beta testers before I actually release stuff.  That, and I've been overwhelmed with Real Life lately; maybe now wasn't the best time to release this quest, but it's out now so it is what it is.

If there's anything else game-breaking and you guys need to cheat yourselves out of it, or if you just want to mess around, I guess, the level 4 cheat is behind the spoiler.  I don't really care if people cheat.

Level 4 cheat code

Edited by Rambly, 07 September 2017 - 06:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users