First Quest Layered

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 DaDoc540

DaDoc540

formerly boram_c

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

If anyone has any questions or finds any bugs in the game, inform me right here and I wll answer them as soon as I can.

Those familiar with my two previous quests should find this one less challenging in terms of combat and geography; at the very least, is is harmless compared to DaDoc540's 2nd Quest Remix. However, do not expect an old, boring nth quest remix; the use of layering and other added graphics add to the experience.

Edit: A slightly improved version is now available. An empty cave that Artistic found has been filled, and some aesthetics have been improved.

(MAJOR UPDATE 2/14/13): After three months of work, First Quest Layered is now formatted for version 2.50. While the general structure of this quest has remained the same, the items and enemies have changed. True Arrows are used (with Arrow ammunition and counter), and both quiver and bomb bag upgrades are available. While most of the enemies maintain most or all of their previous traits and behaviors, some have been totally revamped. Plus, new enemies not present in the previous update have been added.

Even if you have played this quest before in its 2.10 version, I highly recommend that you give this new version a try. Make sure you have Zelda Classic 2.50 to run it through. I hope you enjoy it as much as the older version.

Edited by boram_c, 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

This quest has to be the most Gorgeous thing ever! I've been playing since it was added to the database. also I have to say this plays pretty good in the Zelda classic 2.5 RC3

And I have one question, I've just gotten the Power bracelet LV 5, But where should I head in LV 5 after getting that item?

Edited by Ventus, 12 July 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#3 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jul 12 2012, 09:45 AM) View Post

This quest has to be the most Gorgeous thing ever! I've been playing since it was added to the database. also I have to say this plays pretty good in the Zelda classic 2.5 RC3

And I have one question, I've just gotten the Power bracelet LV 5, But where should I head in LV 5 after getting that item?

The room at the top that is on the left of the one that has the fairy (after you kill the enemy) you use the bracelet in there. There is a room in the middle of the dungeon. You use the bracelet to move a block to get to the key door.

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(Artistic @ Jul 12 2012, 11:04 AM) View Post

The room at the top that is on the left of the one that has the fairy (after you kill the enemy) you use the bracelet in there. There is a room in the middle of the dungeon. You use the bracelet to move a block to get to the key door.

So its this room right?
IPB Image
If it is seems like I'm going to need a ladder, but I have no idea where a ladder might be. Is there one in this dungeon I need to look for?

EDIT Never mind what I said, I didn't bomb a wall to get one key. and I found the ladder icon_razz.gif. (Why is it after I post I get myself unstuck icon_lol.gif)

Edited by Ventus, 12 July 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#5 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jul 12 2012, 11:31 AM) View Post

So its this room right?
IPB Image
If it is seems like I'm going to need a ladder, but I have no idea where a ladder might be. Is there one in this dungeon I need to look for?

EDIT Never mind what I said, I didn't bomb a wall to get one key. and I found the ladder icon_razz.gif. (Why is it after I post I get myself unstuck icon_lol.gif)

That is that question magic at work. icon_lol.gif Glad you got unstuck! icon_biggrin.gif

#6 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well got Level 5 done, and beat 6. Also now out looking for some more heart piece's. Anyone know where the heart pieces are located?

#7 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jul 12 2012, 02:06 PM) View Post

Well got Level 5 done, and beat 6. Also now out looking for some more heart piece's. Anyone know where the heart pieces are located?

Bomb and burn baby burn! ( I know that is not much help but they are everywhere) go north

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Jul 12 2012, 03:09 PM) View Post

Bomb and burn baby burn! ( I know that is not much help but they are everywhere) go north

Thanks I'll Just keep on doing this on every screen till I find all them little Gems :3

#9 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

I am looking for that illusive level 8. I have been everywhere (well almost, I suppose if I had really been everywhere I would have found it) has anyone found it?

#10 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jul 12 2012, 03:06 PM) View Post

There is one close to where you start. Push a rock by a small bridge. Hint!

#11 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Jul 12 2012, 03:12 PM) View Post

I am looking for that illusive level 8. I have been everywhere (well almost, I suppose if I had really been everywhere I would have found it) has anyone found it?

I have a feeling that level 8 would be located in the place where Level 8 in the the original Zelda is. an old lady said that you would need something stronger to burn big tree's.

#12 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jul 12 2012, 03:17 PM) View Post

I have a feeling that level 8 would be located in the place where Level 8 in the the original Zelda is. an old lady said that you would need something stronger to burn big tree's.

Good thought! icon_biggrin.gif But we burn that tree all ready. Burned all the big trees I believe and no level 8. I'm beginning to think there isn't a level 8 in this quest. icon_lol.gif I did whistle in the Lost Woods and stairs opened up but there wasn't anything in there. It was empty.

#13 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jul 12 2012, 02:17 PM) View Post

Never mind, I found it it was very unusual icon_smile.gif

#14 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

This has a touch of "Deluxe", I'll give it a try. icon_smile.gif

#15 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Artistic @ Jul 12 2012, 03:24 PM) View Post

Good thought! icon_biggrin.gif But we burn that tree all ready. Burned all the big trees I believe and no level 8. I'm beginning to think there isn't a level 8 in this quest. icon_lol.gif I did whistle in the Lost Woods and stairs opened up but there wasn't anything in there. It was empty.

I'm Sure there is a Level 8. The only question is where is it.
And I found that area in the lost woods too! I wonder if there was something supposed to be there? I sure hope its a not a heart piece D:
I need one more then I pick up the level 3 sword.

Edited by Ventus, 12 July 2012 - 06:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users