Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#661 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

hi shadow.. I was missing this chat.. our chat'' well, first bug,, first.! as I told you started playing,(no cheats,) you go up to deku tree and get the sword,, well that's it'' when I come back to  the house,after saving on that statue,,, that's it, can't go any farther, all exits are blocked and I got stocked on that area,'' this is that last update to this quest, downloaded four days ago from your place...l' be back in a few.  nice talking top ya. :puppyeyes:

downloaded the game one more time to sure,, but nah' just don't work

#662 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

Which version of ZC are you playing it in? I'm going to see about upgrading the version to ZC 2.5.3 soon just so we're all on the same page. I'll link to the thread I download the version from when I get to it.

Luckily there's no deadline for anything here, so there's no rush to fix or play anything.

EDIT: I'm playing it in ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 and it seems to be behaving perfectly fine. :shrug: I started a new file and everything. Works great.

Just in case, download ((The link is replaced with the verson at the bottom of this post)) version of DoY and replace whatever file you have with it, and erase your save file for DoY and start over. I'd like to see how far you get.

I was missing this chat.. our chat'' well, first bug,, first.! as I told you started playing,(no cheats,) you go up to deku tree and get the sword,, well that's it'' when I come back to the house,after saving on that statue,,, that's it, can't go any farther, all exits are blocked and I got stocked on that area,''

I'm really not getting this behavior. "All exits are blocked," I'm not seeing at all. I can go back up into the Deku Tree from the save point in the rain in front of Link's house and enter that nightmare statue (whatever the heck it is) and go to the waking world. I can save in front of the statue in the waking world too, and continue from there just fine as well. No bug here, I think...?

-----------------

EDIT: I need y'all to redownload the quest from here. I just fixed up the final area so it all works. I removed all of the fancy triggers and made it more linear. I only touched the boss rooms and the way tou get into those boss rooms, as well as adding a boss key. There are none of those silly "Event Triggers" things with that Trigger enemy. Just a whole bunch of duplicate screens, setting rooms to Interior, etc. Heck, the boss key actually flies away at some point. O.o

Go download it! :D

#663 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Do you have plans to do much more or is this version more or less "final?"

• ShadowTiger likes this

#664 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:45 PM

Eh, it's never final, really. I'm always touching up little things and adding additions to it.

What I really wanted was a bug-free experience. So far I think it's probably 99% bug-free, and I'm honestly just guessing about the remaining 1%. I play through it often enough, and if I find a bug, I squash it right there and then. But I do need to do another play-through of it just to be sure.

My next goal is to work with the subscreen and the dungeon maps. I'm not quite a fan of how they work at the moment.

But sure, you can indeed download the most recent version from the Dropbox above. Use the official ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 version of ZC, whose link is also in one of my previous two posts.

#665 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

well...don't know what's going on, but still got the same problem, after I get the sword from deku tree and come back and saving on that statue,, that's it,!! can't go any farther, my sword can cut those light green bushes only, but no the dark green ones and all exits are blocked with these  dk green bushes --- installed new version, downloaded last doy,  can't get out. s4mo78.jpg    

Which version of ZC are you playing it in? I'm going to see about upgrading the version to ZC 2.5.3 soon just so we're all on the same page. I'll link to the thread I download the version from when I get to it.

Luckily there's no deadline for anything here, so there's no rush to fix or play anything.

EDIT: I'm playing it in ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 and it seems to be behaving perfectly fine. :shrug: I started a new file and everything. Works great.

Just in case, download ((The link is replaced with the verson at the bottom of this post)) version of DoY and replace whatever file you have with it, and erase your save file for DoY and start over. I'd like to see how far you get.

I'm really not getting this behavior. "All exits are blocked," I'm not seeing at all. I can go back up into the Deku Tree from the save point in the rain in front of Link's house and enter that nightmare statue (whatever the heck it is) and go to the waking world. I can save in front of the statue in the waking world too, and continue from there just fine as well. No bug here, I think...?

-----------------

EDIT: I need y'all to redownload the quest from here. I just fixed up the final area so it all works. I removed all of the fancy triggers and made it more linear. I only touched the boss rooms and the way tou get into those boss rooms, as well as adding a boss key. There are none of those silly "Event Triggers" things with that Trigger enemy. Just a whole bunch of duplicate screens, setting rooms to Interior, etc. Heck, the boss key actually flies away at some point. O.o

Go download it! :D

Edited by vravelo, 17 June 2019 - 03:52 PM.

#666 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

well...don't know what's going on, but still got the same problem, after I get the sword from deku tree and come back and saving on that statue, that's it,!! can't go any farther, my sword can cut those light green bushes only, but no the dark green ones and all exits are blocked with these  dk green bushes --- installed new version, downloaded last doy,  can't get out. 

s4mo78.jpg

So what's happening in this screenshot? Is Link pointing at a piece of ground that he can't walk on? Or are you saying that you can't leave the area in general?

How far can you get into the Deku Tree? Can you get the sword? Can you kill the Aquamentus thing? Can you get into that brown statue that brings you back into the waking world into your house?

The screenshot you posted is of the part where Link is still dreaming, immediately in the extreme beginning of the game.

I just tested it and everything is working flawlessly.

Try starting completely from scratch. Redownload ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 from the link I provided above, and download what is still the latest version from that exact Link in my Dropbox. Doing that works perfectly for me.

I'm wondering if you're using an old save game that relies on data that wasn't there before or something.

#667 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

So what's happening in this screenshot? Is Link pointing at a piece of ground that he can't walk on? Or are you saying that you can't leave the area in general?

How far can you get into the Deku Tree? Can you get the sword? Can you kill the Aquamentus thing? Can you get into that brown statue that brings you back into the waking world into your house?

The screenshot you posted is of the part where Link is still dreaming, immediately in the extreme beginning of the game.

I just tested it and everything is working flawlessly.

Try starting completely from scratch. Redownload ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 from the link I provided above, and download what is still the latest version from that exact Link in my Dropbox. Doing that works perfectly for me.

I'm wondering if you're using an old save game that relies on data that wasn't there before or something.

hmm, yes downloaded both of them right now,,start to think may be this windows seven making this buggy,,after trying one more time will check on windows,,i, let you know  thanks Shadow, you're my savior... :awesome: ,

#668 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

you won't believe" :eyeitus: for whatever reason I forgot to pick up the green gem, when exiting deku tree""" I got it and everything came back to normal, even got the power glove from that frog place,,""any easy way to upgrade my sword..??  uf"" thanks

• ShadowTiger likes this

#669 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:37 PM

To upgrade your sword, you need the flippers (From Hyrule Dam) or the L1 Candle (From the first nightmare dungeon.)

Flippers - One screen west of the Mushroom dungeon, two screens north. Swim into that cave there (From a screen to the west of it) to find the whale / zora blacksmith. Dunno how he's making swords underwater, but good for him.

A cheaper way to get it (About 150 rupees less.) can be found by burning a bush in the middle of the screen, which is one screen east of that little girl that's dreaming about trains.
  • vravelo likes this

#670 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:03 PM

does this version have 4 way or 8 way movement?

#671 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:31 PM

does this version have 4 way or 8 way movement?

well never to late to learn,,,, four way or eight way movement,? -- know two or four way on some latter , this question goes to shadow i can't .. sorry

#672 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:34 AM

Four-way movement, yes. It's very old-school.

#673 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

I will be streaming this after I complete Go Gollab, figure it will be better than just telling you the issues I have

• ShadowTiger likes this

#674 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:22 PM

I'm running two instances at the same time,, one goes on v, zc2.5.0.  the other one on ZC 2.5.3  both games are  going smooth with no problems , so v250 and v253 work the same, :unsure:  :unsure: 

• ShadowTiger likes this

#675 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

They aren't that different, really. But I'm glad they work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users