Photo

Screenshot of the Week 252

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 252 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

Hey, wait a minute... Angeal, I sent in an entry this week. icon_unsettled.gif What happened?

If you did actually get it, please save it for next week, I guess.

Dawnlight: Maybe it's just the sandstorm at work, but I really like how you're working with Pure tiles here. icon_smile.gif Additionally, you've got a nice subscreen started there, though I'd recommend moving around the buttons in the middle. Also, that isn't default Pure Link, now is it? If it's custom, good job. I'm not sure what the "cameo" is supposed to be, though...

Shiek: Pretty good, but I'm having problems with the water. I can't tell what's supposed to be submerged, where the water is falling from, and why it is falling in that way. I'm sure you can figure it out, but give it some more time and thought. Also consider assigning the same translucent screen to two layers to make it darker. It might look better.

Nuvo: Very nice use of tiles and palette. icon_smile.gif A little cluttered, but not ugly for it... it doesn't detract from the rest of the screen since your "solid" areas have detail. However, I'm not digging the outcropping in the upper right. It looks awkward and unnecessary. One of my cardinal rules for mountains is not to put two opposite diagonal tiles adjacent to each other.

Link R Us: This type of shot won't win SOTW often, but it's a solid Gameboy shot with no real flaws. It looks like it's right out of an Oracle game. Good job. icon_smile.gif

I was going to vote for Nuvo, but I have to say that Link R Us has the most solid shot. When I get over the flashiness aspect, I have to say that his looks the most professional, despite its simplicity. I doubt it will win, but it deserves a few votes.

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Radien, you sent in the shot a couple days after this topic had been opened- I just assumed you'd written the wrong number in the PM. Next time, I'll lock the screenshot request topics when we start the competition so there'll be no confusion. It'll be in next week.

#18 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Apr 24 2009, 11:25 AM) View Post
Radien, you sent in the shot a couple days after this topic had been opened- I just assumed you'd written the wrong number in the PM. Next time, I'll lock the screenshot request topics when we start the competition so there'll be no confusion. It'll be in next week.

*checks PMs*

Nahh, I wrote 252 in the subject line. Sent it to Angeal with you in the Cc on the 22nd. Waiting is no big deal, but I just wanted to clarify that I did it right. (unless you had a problem with the image for some reason)

#19 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

Voted for Shiek, screw you Nuvo and your fancy-pants graphic!1!1!!111!one

#20 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

Dawnlight: A nice and solid pure shot. You definately know how to utilize pure very well. No real complaints here. icon_thumbsup.gif

Shiek: Your GB shots are awesome, and this is no exception! Very interesting idea and done very well, too. icon_thumbsup.gif *Vote*

Nuvo: A solid shot. No real complaints here. You made nice use of the set, and the pallette is pretty interesting too. Nice work. icon_thumbsup.gif

Link R Us: A simple but nice GB shot. It looks like something you'd see right out of one of the GB games. Nice work. I'd add a little to the left perhaps, but that's about it. icon_thumbsup.gif

Awesome work, everyone! Nice scrrenies this week. icon_biggrin.gif

#21 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:55 AM

Wow well, I just couldn't decide.
All of the shots this week are really good, Dawnlight and Sheiks are particularily impressive.

Nuvo's looks really well made as well, and Link R Us' fits the GB style very well, and although it could be improved somewhat it's pretty good for a 'first GB shot' or whatever.

#22 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

Dawnlight - 10 Votes = [25.00%]
Shiek - 18 Votes = [45.00%]
Nuvo - 10 Votes = [25.00%]
Link R us - 2 Votes = [5.00%]
Total Votes: 40

Shiek
IPB Image