Photo

Screenshot of the Week 345

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 345 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

To be fair, everybody is getting annoyed by whatever Yoshidude posts lately and critques the heck out of his every screenshot (much more so than they use to with other people's work) and I don't think that's quite appropriate either. I don't mean to rent a mod here and I certainly support constructive critique but we used to be much politer with each other in the past.

As for the contest, I nulled my vote. Kinda underwhelming turnout this week.

Edited by Yoshimi, 20 November 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#17 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ Nov 19 2011, 11:55 PM) View Post

But I meant to send in this version.

IPB Image

Well, then it's not my fault that the correct screen, is it? Don't blame others for your mistakes. icon_shrug.gif Dunno what else to tell you.

#18 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Furion
GO MAKE A METROID HACK GODDAMNIT! icon_frown.gif Your screens are beautiful but they just don't work in ZC. NA/10

Nolornbon
Enemy balance. Learn it. The screen design is pretty good, but the enemies you put in there suck. 7/10

Lightwulf
I'm sorry, that is the single ugliest bubble I've ever seen. icon_razz.gif Aside from that and the obvious HOLYs***STYLECLASH, this screen is OK. 7\10

Ventus
I wouldn't call it generic, but I can't really tell what's going on with those cliff walls. The subscreen looks kinda weird too...6/10

Yoshidude
Eh. A cool screen. As I said in the screen thread, those rocks on top of the dungeon walls don't make sense, but they don't break the screen or anything. 8/10 *VOTED*

Jared
A bit overboard with the ground detail. 7/10

#19 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 20 2011, 08:54 AM) View Post

Your screens are beautiful but they just don't work in ZC.

Explain, now. I disagree to your statement.

#20 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

The set ups looks cluttered, hard to tell from what's what. There are so many colours. It's confusing and looks difficult to play in a way. Try to keep it simple regardless if it's meant to be overgrown or not.

Plus the sideview feature isn't 100% perfect to do a metroid game. Unless you planning to script.

Edited by Shane, 20 November 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Furion @ Nov 20 2011, 03:22 PM) View Post

Explain, now. I disagree to your statement.

Zelda Classic's sideview gravity engine thing is terrible and the Zelda screen transition style is bad for sideview stuff because you can't see what's ahead of you which is the most important part of a sidescrolling game like Super Metroid. Unless you plan to rewrite pretty much the whole game engine in ZScript, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Edit: That is assuming there's a purpose behind these screens and you're not wasting your artistic talent on mock-ups.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 20 November 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#22 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

@Yoshidude: Please see the following image.

IPB Image

'nuff said. Nulled.

#23 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Furion - B+
Looks nice. Another Metroid screen I like.

Nolornbon - B+
A very functional gameboyish screen.

Lightwulf - B-
It's okay. It works for what it is.

Ventus - B-
The clouds are a nice touch, but these do make the screen overly bright in that part of it. Perhaps some sort of off white would work better. The rest of the screen is not bad, but nothing out of this world either.

Yoshidude - B
I've seen many screens like this, so I can't say it's my favorite. But it certainly fulfulls its purpose well, and is designed good too.

Jared - B+
Functional and nice looking, but like some of the others, it doesn't stand out a lot.

Harder decision, but I voted for Furion, as it seems to be the most interesting of the screens for me.

#24 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

My vote goes to Furion. I thought the design of the screen was average, but the colors were spot-on. With this said, the other entries were competent, too. Good job.

#25 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Also, Yoshidude, without the outlines on those rocks it just looks plain odd, I'd remove them all together from the roof.

#26 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Furion - 16 votes = 50.00%
Nolornbon - 8 votes = 25.00%
Lightwulf - 0 votes = 0.00%
Ventus - 2 votes = 6.25%
Yoshidude - 2 votes = 6.25%
Jared - 4 votes = 12.50%

Total Votes: 32