Stumped again in Stranded!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Well, after my initial misadventures in the Bomb Cave, I managed to find my way to the fifth dungeon (Mutant Fortress) on my own, but now I'm stumped again - there's this one room with a Gohma in it, and I have a quiver and a ton of arrows, but no bow! I haven't found any Bow Cave, as is this quest's typical method of obtaining new items. Is there actually a Bow Cave, or do I need to find the bow inside the Mutant Fortress? There's also a locked door roughly northeast of the Gohma room, but I've searched high and low and not found any more keys...

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yes, the bow is in that level. Keep looking for that key.

#3 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Thanks! Hopefully the key isn't behind the locked door (i.e. I used a previous key in the wrong place)...

#4 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hmm... now I'm stuck on the sixth dungeon, the Illusion Fortress with all the wizards. (Took me forever to realize there's an easier way to kill those dang bat wizards than just stabbing them with my sword!) I've explored like 80% of the map, but I can't seem to get into one section up top near the center, where the boss is supposed to be. I've searched for secret doors (heh, reminds me of D&D ;)) just about everywhere around the perimeter of that area, but haven't found anything. Is there actually a bombable wall in there, just to throw folks off? Or is there some teleporter I missed elsewhere in the level that takes me up there?

#5 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Assuming you have the wand, from the start, go to the room with the 4 teleporters, but do NOT go in any of them.  Instead, go left through the wall in that room.

#6 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

OHHHHHHH! To quote Beedle, THAAAAAAAAAANK you! I never would have thought of taking a fifth exit from a room with four clearly marked exits! :D

#7 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Okey dokey, now I'm stumped again... this time in the Death Cave. So there's this room with a locked door to the west, and to the north of it is a room with an orange skull painted on the floor. I'm thinking I have to do something with the skull, but I'm pretty sure I tried all my items, to no effect. There's also these two rooms that are full of ghosts and floors that crumble, and no way out except through the floor - I'm thinking the skull pattern might be a hint as to where I need to fall through the floor to get to anywhere but the skeleton room in the middle of the level, but I haven't had much luck with that theory either...

#8 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

2 keys here:

- search the entrance room

- the room directly south of that trap room with all the stalfos 3's, look around with your lens

#9 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Aha, thanks! :) Missed the key in the entrance room!

#10 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

So is there any way to kill those seemingly invincible giant orange slime things? There's one in the middle of Rauro, and two in the Wicked Fortress (level 7) which I think I need to kill to get keys. I've tried all my weapons against them - about the only thing I haven't tried is a spin attack, and that's only because I can't dodge their shots all that well while the spin attack is charged! (I got ahead in the Wicked Fortress by accidentally using a key I found in the Magic Cave, so now I'm kinda stuck in the Magic Cave until I find more keys in the Wicked Fortress! If only more quests had key merchants charging exorbitant prices like the original Zelda did...)

#11 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

You need the level's item. It's not the spin attack. I really advise against mixing up level keys.

#12 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, I didn't intend to mix up the level keys - I just tried walking into the door to see if it was a fake door, since I'd encountered one before, and forgot that I had a key from the other level! :)

Hmm, the level's item? I found two items in the level... both of them are rather passive, though! Or am I supposed to PUSH the slime?

edit: nope, that didn't work :P Back to exploring new areas in the level with the help of the other two items... maybe there's a third? :)

Edited by ekolis, 20 February 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Level 7 has a few items.  I assume you've found the boots and power glove.  The 3rd item is pretty deep into the level, which you should be able to guess (hint:  what enemy does that orange bit resemble?)

#14 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, I found the boots and the glove. I think I know where the third item is, but now there's ONE MORE stupid locked door blocking my way! :( Since I thought I'd used a key from the magic cave in the Wicked Fortress, I took one of the keys from the Wicked Fortress back to the magic cave. Now I'm not entirely sure if I actually got the first key from there, though, since there's still another locked door in the Wicked Fortress... guess I'll have to go and search everywhere in the Wicked Fortress, the magic cave, and the heart cave too, for good measure!

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

If you got through the entire magic cave, then you got all the keys there.  Did you search the room in the middle of the map with the orange bit carefully?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users