Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#691 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:12 AM

Thank you for your interest, and I hope you have a lovely time! It's definitely a very exploration-driven game, I can say that much.

I can give you a few hints. The game really opens up when you get the candle. Many of those darker bushes that are burnable were modified to have slightly different graphics, sometimes, so they'd be easier to spot.

Error's Mansion: Look for bombable walls around the east end of F-1. On the upper floor, when you reach a dead end with a chest that gives you bombs, you'll be using those bombs on a piece of floor in that same room. If a single floor tile is different, it's usually a good idea to bomb that one spot. :P

Dam: On the second floor, look for a bombable spot on the north wall of a room with a rectangular hole. Slash every pot on the west side of F-1, and look for blocks to push.

Sand Palace - After walking down the stairs to the sands below, be sure to walk under every opaque surface. Some of them have hidden rooms or keys under them. Also, slash every pot. Revisit the basement (Not the open area under the walkways) when you get the lamp to find an HCP somewhere.

Once you have that lamp, return to the southeastern area of the overworld and start burning all kinds of bushes.

You can also get the red lamp fairly early in the Excavation if you find even only a few Relics. It's on B-2, (The green walls) which can be accessed from the southwest/west area of B-1.

#692 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

Am I always supposed to continue from the last statue where I saved following an overworld death?  Because I saved just south of the lost hills (with the winds - far west in overworld map) and continued near the game start in the lost woods in the southeast.  My overworld mapping progress was fully saved.  

Edit 1:   After defeating the dam and exiting the Zora cavern with the item, the overworld map was all white except for the lake screen I was on.   Went one screen south and the guy told me to head to dreameater city.   Went a couple more screens south and my overworld map reset back to showing pretty much that entire overworld explored.  When I went back into the same room with the zora guy who told me about dreameater city this time it was a room with a witch and I spawned near the upper right corner (but could move).   I could exit the room and spawned on the same spot on the screen but in the lake.   From there I could progress normally.  Really weird.  

Edited by SofaKing, 09 July 2019 - 11:49 PM.

#693 maxtheexplorer

maxtheexplorer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:25 AM

Bug in the latest Dreams of Yesterday 2.5.3 release. You cannot obtain the key in the cave in the Storm Tower Dungeon area. You cannot use the ladder to cross the "round circle" to push the block--doesn't work.

#694 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:50 PM

Agreed.  I just tested it and that does seem to be the case.  Many thanks.  Here's a patched version.

#695 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:47 PM

Just started to play this quest. There were no prices showing in the first shop near Link's house.

#696 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:52 AM

Read the sign in front of the shop. It plays a two-part string that shows you how to check the prices. Those types of shops are a gigantic novelty and take hours to set up though, so they're placed few and far between. Most such shops were left alone.

#697 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:43 AM

Just wanted to check in and say I just finished Toad's nightmare and everything seems to be going smoothly.   Again, downloaded the newest fixed version and I'm using 2.53 revised.  Haven't played this in probably 5 or 6 years.  Forgot how much I enjoy it.  

• ShadowTiger likes this

#698 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

Happy to hear!  It was a pretty darn good quest way back in 2003 or so when it was released.  I'll be damned if I can't find the original release thread back on AGN, given its age, but hey, at least it's alive and well.  All of C-Dawg's work is just legendary regardless of how it looks right now.  If Sabotage Dragoon were complete, I'd be working on that quest too.  I think he wants to port it to a more modern engine though, possibly even outside of ZC.  

Am I always supposed to continue from the last statue where I saved following an overworld death?  Because I saved just south of the lost hills (with the winds - far west in overworld map) and continued near the game start in the lost woods in the southeast.  My overworld mapping progress was fully saved.

. I'm still working out the kinks in the continue system.  I may not have had some important check-boxes ticked.  My end-goal is to be able to use any save statue without a problem and always start back from that particular statue you last saved at.  Even if I have to undo any "Entrance/Exit" style of warp in the game to make that happen, I will.

Edit 1:   After defeating the dam and exiting the Zora cavern with the item, the overworld map was all white except for the lake screen I was on.   Went one screen south and the guy told me to head to dreameater city.   Went a couple more screens south and my overworld map reset back to showing pretty much that entire overworld explored.  When I went back into the same room with the zora guy who told me about dreameater city this time it was a room with a witch and I spawned near the upper right corner (but could move).   I could exit the room and spawned on the same spot on the screen but in the lake.   From there I could progress normally.  Really weird.

.Lake Hylia's "Full" state is on a different map entirely than the Dry one.  When you beat the Dam area and get the flippers, it triggers a secret near that thin walkway going north in the middle/bottom of the lake that leads to the waterbed, and turns the floor to insta-warps, which warp you to that identical area where the lake is full and you can swim in it.

I did fix that bug though, last night I think.  (Haven't updated it with a new version yet but not much has changed.)  It did indeed have no warp to the respective building.  I'll have to see if that warp dumps us back into the un-filled lake though.  That'd be awkward.

#699 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:56 PM

wo9w'' looks like troubles..?,walked all over that placewith no problem,,hmm. using v zc2.5

#700 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:04 PM

I can give you a few hints. The game really opens up when you get the candle. Many of those darker bushes that are burnable were modified to have slightly different graphics, sometimes, so they'd be easier to spot.

If you don't mind could you please make a version that uses a different graphic for the burnable bushes, because if they are only a different shade of green then that will be hard for Deathrider to see due to his colorblindness.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#701 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

That's one idea.  Though, the bushes do have different graphics depending on what you need to bypass them.  Here's a little image I made that has various burnable / slashable bushes and the candle level necessary for them, and a copy in grayscale beneath.  See if it makes a difference.

KfILMFG.png

It's true that to find secrets, a bit of a pixel-hunt is necessary sometimes.  It looks like the burnable / secret bushes have a few brighter pixels closer to the "trunk" (Middle?) of the bush, and the uncuttable/unburnable bushes remain dark closer to the middle. 

#702 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

Just started to play this quest. There were no prices showing in the first shop near Link's house.

SPELUNKER,!!???  my god'' nice to greet you after so many years..!! an old friend''

Happy to hear!  It was a pretty darn good quest way back in 2003 or so when it was released.  I'll be damned if I can't find the original release thread back on AGN, given its age, but hey, at least it's alive and well.  All of C-Dawg's work is just legendary regardless of how it looks right now.  If Sabotage Dragoon were complete, I'd be working on that quest too.  I think he wants to port it to a more modern engine though, possibly even outside of ZC. .....

sabotage dragon, out of the mind quest. will never forget when I gave the tick-me now dawg's .to the the sister of that hotel owner  ..

men'' that's unbelievable , wish this quest was finished

Edited by vravelo, 14 July 2019 - 02:10 PM.

#703 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

I feel like I'm a key short in the mines, and I know this happened my last playthrough as well.   

#704 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:18 AM

Ah, I hear ya.  The mines can be a terrible and confusing place.  I whipped up a map real quick.  This should be all of the keys.

Spoiler

The left half is the first floor, and the right half is the basement.  The biggest source of confusion is in the push-block a bit to the left of the Mines entrance.  I circled it in red.  Everyone misses that.  Myself included.

So, there are two keys in the basement;  one of which is gotten from pushing a block two screens west of the entrance.

#705 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the map!   I actually found that one.   I am not finding a way to get to the room to the right of the entrance nor the top-right room, both on the main floor.   I feel like I'm perhaps missing a way to cross the room with the gap that lies just north and east of the entrance?   

Edited by SofaKing, 16 July 2019 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users