Ice melting help please thank you ;)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

What is the safest battery powered heater I can use to melt ice on concrete or elsewhere and then wipe the water with paper towels?

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

If you are trying to remove ice from your steps or something, just get some rock salt. It's a lot safer, and faster then using an electric heater which would have to be plugged into something, of all things. Or just get an ice scraper, and chip it away. You could potentially get shocked if you are standing in water/ ice holding a plugged-in electric heater so I can't recommend that to anyone. Be safe out there, man.

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:43 PM

If you are trying to remove ice from your steps or something, just get some rock salt. It's a lot safer, and faster then using an electric heater which would have to be plugged into something, of all things. Or just get an ice scraper, and chip it away. You could potentially get shocked if you are standing in water/ ice holding a plugged-in electric heater so I can't recommend that to anyone. Be safe out there, man.

He wants a battery powered heater.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

He wants a battery powered heater.

Ohhhhh, that changes everything.

edit: Okay, wait, I officially feel dumb. I didn't know.. this was actually a thing. I also did misread the OP. :P

#5 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

I'd say that rock salt is also a bit risky, because if you use it too much it can corrode the surface. We had a lot of snow here in 2010, and they salted everywhere. I think they were still repairing the damage a couple years back.

Should be ok if you want to use it, though, just don't use too much.

#6 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

Just give me some chili dogs, I'll melt it for you.

• LikeLike888 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users