Having Problems with Boomerangs'

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:27 AM

How do i make Boomerangs Able to hit some Blocks and Unlock them,  while other Blocks ignore the item boomerang unless i have the Next upgraded Boomerang type?
i mean without Relying on the Normal Boomerang - Then Magic - Then fire boomerang system?
Isn't there another way with scripting to make blocks only identify certain weapons?
Problems: 

1. The Magic boomerang is hitting blocks that only activate with the Fire Boomerang and they Unlock. -They aren't supposed to do that.

2. The Normal Boomerang is Hitting and unlocking Blocks meant 'only for' the Magic Boomerang.

------

The only way i can stop this, is Deactivating Certain weapons from working on Certain maps.

But many players will probably complain their Boomerang is missing in One Map

then Reappears in their Inventory in another.

-It would feel tacky when you play,

I really need some kind of script to fix this..,

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 16 July 2019 - 01:29 AM.

#2 IceDancer

IceDancer

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:59 AM

If I understand correctly, you want the simple boomerang not to open the way to use the magic bomerang, and so on. I have this in my quest as well.

I have regulated this without a script. I set "Secret Combos" with combination Flag 95 (when are more then one secret on the field).

Since you have the choice of which boomerang to open this. If only magic is set, only the magic bomerang can open and the fire boomerang too. But the first boomerang can´t open the blocks.

I hope, this is helpful :)

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#3 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Combo flag 69 and 70 require at least the magic, and fire boomerangs, respectively, to trigger. If you're using a combo with an inherent flag 68, you'll either have to make copies that use the other two flags, or remove the inherent flag and apply it externally

#4 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

Ok, i am not used to this. Are you saying to use certain tiles with ID's?

Or down the list of what to program the blocks as? this is confusing to me..

#5 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:42 PM

Some combos have inherent flags. If you put another flag on top of those combos when they're on the map, the other flag gets added to the inherent flag. So if you have a combo that's a wooden boomerang+ trigger, then you put it on the map and add a magic boomerang+ flag on top of it, it will still react to a wooden boomerang, because the added flag doesn't override the inherent flag.

#6 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

Ok,  but i don't want the wooden boomerang to Open the block that's only meant for Magic boomerang.

#7 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:51 PM

Right, so in your combo list, if you edit the combo you're using as a magic boomerang+ trigger, there'll be a "Flag:" dropdown menu, and you might find it already has a "68 Boomerang Trigger (Any)" flag selected. If it does, you have to change that to "(None)" and then it will only react to whatever flag you manually place on the screen.

#8 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

Oh ok, i will try this.  Can i do this with the Fire Boomerang also?  to only have blocks it can open only?

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, there's boomerang triggers for each level. It's just that they include all upper levels too. So wooden boomerang also includes magic and fire, magic boomerang includes fire but not wooden, and fire boomerang is limited to fire exclusively. You can't make one that uses wooden boomerang but not magic or fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users