1 screen massacre

• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#406 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

-> The OG Bait item is unusable in any of Monstro Carnival; as any outside food and drink are prohibited from being carried in. You have to use the newly introduced Ice Cream bait item.

We need to give link a big purse to sneak outside candy from the 7/11 into the carnival.

• Anthus, Shane, Deedee and 1 other like this

#407 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

[Download Link]

skTQPtA.png

-> I made a Level 1 screen. Screen 74. It's a shortcut room, that makes it easier to get down to Dimentio's arrow puzzle, once you've gone the long way around once with the bow. I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out, as I wasn't really too sure what to do at first, but we had talked about having some sort of shortcut here, to some degree.

-> Also added a few more combos to combo page 12, for the cave areas. The new cave floors are with the rest of the caves, starting on tile page 155. There are only about 12 or so new ones. I also made some example screens on Map 3 with the different cave c-sets. This was more or less for me to test them out, and fix some little things. I know, I should have done this on my own time, but it's done now. >.>

-> Made a few new tiles on tile page 200 for the shadows, and off-center stairs. These are really far down the combo list on page 24 along with the shadow borders used on one of the Ravaged Skyline OW screens.

-> I added in the screen from zeldaclassidiot's video a few pages back. I changed the enemies, so it's actually fair (three Red Leevers instead of nine Bombchus and an Aquamentus). If any one is opposed, feel free to remove it. I was adding it cause a few of us were talking about it, and thought it would be funny.

-> Some new maps, and a new d-map have been added to the list below for the interior of the Carnival area, as noted in Orithan's last post.

Spoiler

• Shane and Lüt like this

#408 Formidable

Formidable

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

[CLAIM BOI]

EDIT: https://www.dropbox....M1-S69.qst?dl=0

cRWFIza.png

The bridges on this screen are subject to change based on what the final layout for bridges on screen 59 is. Oh and screen 79 doesn't have an under combo so that needs to be fixed.

A large amount of overworld screens have warps that go nowhere so I was thinking about making a map of sorts that shows all the screens that currently have a blank warp. I will see about posting something of the sort tomorrow.

Edited by FormidableMathematics, 22 May 2018 - 05:18 PM.

• Anthus, Shane and Lüt like this

#409 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

[Claim]

EDIT: Finishing off the way to Misery Ruins:

a3i8b83k188xb0x4g.jpg

There's a heart container piece in the left water, so that it's not just a dead end. After you've got the flippers, of course.

http://www.mediafire...p422-M1-S7E.qst

Edited by klop422, 22 May 2018 - 05:57 PM.

#410 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

[CLAIM]

#411 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Another awkward transition complete:

1sm-lut-m1-s14.png

Quest: https://drive.google...D2FpJ5h9XH0roBH

• Anthus, Shane and klop422 like this

#412 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

[claim]

this'll be a short one, I promise :P

#413 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

[Download Link]

IWQ1Gp9.png

This one's a bit simpler. A guy gives a hint about needing flippers to access a dungeon around here.

Here is the entire overworld so far:

• Shane likes this

#414 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

[CLAIM]

• Anthus likes this

#415 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

Can someone overlay the items link acquires over the current overworld (a smaller image)? How reasonable is it to begin with 3 hearts and no sword, etc.?

#416 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Can someone overlay the items link acquires over the current overworld (a smaller image)? How reasonable is it to begin with 3 hearts and no sword, etc.?

You start right outside the sword cave, so...

#417 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

You start right outside the sword cave, so...

Yeah, but, can you navigate to other areas and collect items fairly freely or is there a single PATH that players have to follow with no room for exploration or improvisation? I haven't had the chance to play through from scratch yet; just asking if anyone tested it.

#418 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

That's not a bad idea. I can whip one together in a day or two.

I recorded playing through the game from the start, with three hearts, and no items (except the feather which is minimally used). I had to restart a few times. Once cause of a bug, again cause of an error on my part with init. data for the test file, and again cause I forgot what to do. It's about 20 minutes total, with about 5 of that being me being dumb. Basically, skip part 3. >.>

Here the playlist. There's some details in the playlist, and video descriptions.

https://www.youtube....tVE7N8-AiwZAREz

#419 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

Awesome. Level 1 seems okay, but I'm worried that no one can maneuver the overworld, or worse, that the quest will feel linear. Already there are some screens with tough enemies and then some screens that are completely empty. I guess that's the nature of the beast, but it should be considered for future screens (if that's how you want to do it).

• Anthus likes this

#420 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

zelda096.png

zelda098.png

Quest File

Additions:

-> Script files are again repackaged with the qst file.

-> Two new FFC scripts - CopyScreen is a script that lets you copy screens (combos and CSets) to another screen and ScreenDAcrossScreens lets you set a Screen->D register to up to 7 screens. Look at the comments above each of the scripts in the buffer for more information on how to use them.

Edited by Orithan, 23 May 2018 - 10:44 AM.

• Anthus and Deedee like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users