Contest Dungeon Month

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

This contest has come to an end. Thanks to everyone who played, entered, voted, and had fun!

This thread is for archive purposes. Feel free to post anything related to the contest here.

Forward:

So what was DDM (or DotM) anyway? Well, like Map, and Enemy of the month, it was a monthly contest wherein people play through a single dungeon taken from any point in any quest you are working on, at any time. 

NOTICE

Though the contest has ended, you can find all contests and entries in the box below. Most of the links in the threads are broken. Please, use this link to get all 4 contest worth of entries (106MB) [from my Dropbox] You will need to to check each thread below for full details, but the entrant's name is the name of the file.

(4 contests, last updated 12/12/16)

We are no longer taking submissions at this time, but feel free to see what the rules were.  :)

Rules

• Shane, Jared, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

Would highly scripted submissions be discouraged?

I have a gameplay mechanic I've been meaning to try out, and making a single dungeon for it sounds like a nice start. However, I'm not sure if a radically different gameplay would be appropriate.

• Anthus likes this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

I don't see why not :) I suppose I should also mention that side-scrolling dungeons are also allowed. As long as your dungeon fits in with the rest of the criteria, it doesn't matter how script heavy it is. Everyone has the same rules, so the only difference is skill and creativity of the members who enter. 

Edited the first post to reflect this. Edited the order of the guidelines to make it more fluid.

I am also thinking about maybe having multiple categories to vote for similar to other contests. I would like to do this to make the voting more interesting. Any ideas for voting categories? So far, I'm thinking of "Best use of a dungeon theme (if applicable)", "Best use of enemies", "Most atmospheric", and "Most fun", but I'd love to hear some ideas. This is not final, and currently, it is just going to be a "who has the best, most 1337 dungeon?" poll :P

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

We have received our first entry! :)

We've got 10 days to get at least one more entry, so we can start on March 1st. Come on guys, don't be shy!

Edit: We now have two entries, and they're looking good. Keep them coming, and thanks

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

Sorry to bump yet again, but I just wanted to say we have enough entries to start! The contest will go live on Tuesday, March 1st, 2016. I work on that day, from 10a to 8p, so I will get it up after work. That means at about approximately 8:45-9:15 PM EST. This gives those last minute stragglers an extra half day or so to get their entries in ;)

Looking forward to this one, guys. This should be cool.

On another note, there are no categories this time around. It will be a straightforward "which is best" type contest like SotW/M. We might try themes and categories in the future if this takes off, and we get some good ideas. :)

• Jared likes this

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:59 PM

This is a really cool idea! I wish I saw it sooner. I can't wait to see the entries! If I can, I'll try to work on a dungeon really fast, or try one for the next month. I really love this idea, as there's no huge commitment to a big quest! :)

• Anthus likes this

#7 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:50 AM

I'm working on getting my dungeon in before the night is over.  It should be in soon!

• Anthus likes this

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:39 AM

I've been thinking for a while if I should submit a dungeon of one of my quest projects but in the end I decided not to. :/

Still, I'm looking forward to the contest!

• Anthus likes this

#9 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

I just submitted a dungeon of mine! Can't wait to see what people think! (Remember to get 100% :P)

• Anthus likes this

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys, I was starting to think no one was going to show up lol. We have more than enough entries to start but more are obviously welcome! :) Thanks for making this a good turnout for out first contest.

• Demonlink likes this

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

Do we have to make a specific quest for this? Or can we share a dungeon that will be featured in an already existing project?

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 27 February 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

The dungeon can be from any project you have, old or new. You can make a new dungeon, or use an old one from anything you've ever done.

Also, would anyone with the time be willing to make a user bar, and/ or banner for this? I suck at making banners and have like no Photoshop skills whatsoever lol

#13 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

Gish. I really wanted to do this but between birthdays and work I barely had any free time. -.-
  • Anthus likes this

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Hey, there's always next month and happy belated birthday  :)

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

Bumping to remind people that we need entries for DotM 2. Dungeon of the Month #1 will conclude in one week (Friday, April 1st).

If you are interested in entering, give the guidelines a read in the first post. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users