• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 November 2021 - 06:06 AM

making all the overworld entrances be cave up/down combos for "realism", but i realised a few months back that doing so would be painstaking to do in terms of stripping layers apart for each "entrance" combo when i really just want to make a quest

so should i bother
should every combo just be STAIRS
would someone else do it for me so i can do the more fun stuff like "dungeon design"

ps. i have not really worked on this since probably august i may do more now that i have finished university for the year that is all ok bye

Edited by Taco Chopper, 12 November 2021 - 06:06 AM.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:10 AM

congratulations on graduating university

• Matthew likes this

#3 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 14 November 2021 - 06:12 PM

congratulations on graduating university

i havent i finished it for the year

also this doesnt answer the thread question wtf

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2021 - 05:16 AM

I don't think that every combo should be stairs. Some should be flagged as "none" too because you won't be able to walk around otherwise

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:02 AM

Caves really aren't worth it in the long run. Sure they make that cool chk chk chk chk chk sound as you walk in but it's just not worth the hassle. I tried having this cool fog layer this one time but the caves protested against my use of negative layers and formed a union. So I added more negative layers.

#6 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:14 PM

Caves really aren't worth it in the long run. Sure they make that cool chk chk chk chk chk sound as you walk in but it's just not worth the hassle. I tried having this cool fog layer this one time but the caves protested against my use of negative layers and formed a union. So I added more negative layers.

yeah i'm really realising how unproductive it is to be splitting gameboy tiles across 3 different layers

oh well

case closed

thanks team

#7 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 17 November 2021 - 07:58 PM

That's cool, Dan. I really hear where you're coming from. But, you see, you've forgotten to ask yourself one question: Who pays for the extra stairs?

Thing is, and I can forgive you for not knowing, stairs are affected be negative economy of scale. People generally use cave combos in order to offset this. With a little elbow grease, you can too.

And if you use too much grease, don't forget about Dawn dish detergent, used to save ducklings ravaged by the avarice of man by cleaning the oil out of their feathers. This only works because their feathers are dishes. It may not work if your elbows aren't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users