Sideview Crumble Blocks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

I want blocks that Link can jump on, and them it begins crumbling. I have a total of 14 combos reserved for this, but there are some ways I want this to work:

• The first 8 combos requires an argument to determine how quickly the combos animate. These are the solid combos that Link can still stand on. In this phase, Link has so much time to remain on these blocks before time runs out. I want to be able to adjust this to cater to room difficulty. (Some blocks may take longer to crumble than others).
  • The last 6 combos in the animation are basically rubble. These combos simply scroll through much quicker and they are not solid. 
  • The crumbling effect begins as soon as Link lands on a block of course. 

Extra Details

If you have any further questions, just let me know. 

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Unless you're leaving out some details, this is possible without scripting.

You can have a sequence of cycling combos from normal to crumbled to gone, and you can have combos that cycle to any point in that chain to determine length.

You can even have combos that rapidly cycle between uncrumbled versions going to any point in the chain so it seems random how long they take to crumble.

Edited by Cukeman, 08 March 2018 - 09:24 PM.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Unless you're leaving out some details, this is possible without scripting.

You can have a sequence of cycling combos from normal to crumbled to gone, and you can have combos that cycle to any point in that chain to determine length.

You can even have combos that rapidly cycle between uncrumbled versions going to any point in the chain so it seems random how long they take to crumble.

I tried using step to trigger the combo cycle, but you actually have to be standing on the combo in a top-down view. Also, combo cycling had this dumb thing where the cycle starts over if you trigger a new cycle, but I got a script for that. But I got nothing that actually triggers it. Step sensitive secrets is no good because that would activate all secrets on the screen. Lastly, I don't want to be doing any "half solid" combo crap, because no offense, I'd rather have something that works logically as I've said in my request. ;p

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:00 AM

Oh, right... when you're "on" a combo in sideview, it's behind you not under you

Edited by Cukeman, 09 March 2018 - 03:00 AM.

#5 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Oh, right... when you're "on" a combo in sideview, it's behind you not under you

That should really be a quest rule.

"Step -> x (Sensitive) combos are triggered when walked on in sideview gravity."

Crumbling bricks like Z2's are already possible in side view using Step -> Next combos leading to a cycling animation... if you're willing to have Link walk through their center instead of across their top:

zc-sv-z2crumble-halfsolid.png

But as said, half-solid looks absurd. Probably best to petition for the obvious quest rule at this point, or even a dedicated Step -> Next sideview combo type.

I mean, there is this script, but I haven't used it, so I can't say how well it works. Try and see I guess.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

I should have checked the database. I just assumed nobody would have had this kind of script already added to the database.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

Lüt, that could work just fine if the tile is just drawn as a half tile.
  • Jared likes this

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

That's what I was thinking, but it'd have to be the bottom half, and if Link doesn't have the feather yet, you'll have to make adjustments on either end of the collapsing bridge so Link can get on/off. Maybe all the floor on either side is half a combo, maybe there is a ladder on either end (which would need more scripting), you'd need to do something like that. Probably why NJF wasn't too interested.

Edited by Cukeman, 10 March 2018 - 06:52 PM.

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

True, if you're not doing a Zelda 2 adaptation.

Which, I have no idea what graphics NJF is using.

But, all of Z2's crumbling bridges are full 16x16 tiles, and its 8x8 bridges don't crumble.

So, it wouldn't suit my particular purposes.

Spoiler

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users