Photo

Radien's Quest is a cool quest.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

Is anyone as eager as I am to play Radien's new quest! I can't wait it looks so sweet!!!

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

Should be in "Custom Quest Discussion"... but yes, looks sweet.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

Dance of Remembrance? I've played one of his demos and I admit, it's pretty cool. Not so sure if it can surpass Hero of Dreams, but hey, it could happen.

http://www.purezc.co...?showtopic=8400

Demo there, in case you haven't played it, yet. icon_wink.gif

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

DoR isn't looking good to me. It seems like it'll be too RPG-like, and knowing Radien it will be. Not to mention the tileset keeps getting uglier and uglier. I'll still probably play it though, 'cause I think Radien has the ability to deliver high quality gameplay, which can't be said for the majority of questmakers. And the dungeon tiles look okay for the most-part; it's the overworld tiles that I think reek.

As much as it sounds like I hate DoR, I really don't. It's just not my style. I still support the project and I hope it gets finished.

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Why the hate against overworld DoR? I think it's pretty good...

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything with you, but why don't you like it? I mean, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and you not liking the tileset has no effect on me... just curious.

Is it because Ennonfenom is doing well in the SotW with it? icon_razz.gif

#6 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

Is it because Ennonfenom is doing well in the SotW with it?

That would be a rediculous reason to dislike it. Besides, most active members here would be able to tell you that I've expressed displeasure in DoR since it was first released.

Anyway... Why I dislike it? The palette stinks, first of all. I remember a desert-like palette used in LTM's Lost Legends demo, and that didn't look quite as bad as the OW palette. But I also dislike the DoR mountain tiles and many of the other tiles Radien edited. I think perhaps it has to do with the way Radien uses very unpleasant-looking organic curves and shapes; the tiles kind of remind me of mucus plaque, or anything else that might be found inside one's abdomine. Quite unsightly. Then there's the SD3 ground textures used in that set, the sand and grass, I loathe those too. I'm not very fond of any SD3 tiles either.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

I was only kidding about the SotW stuff. That's why I used this icon_razz.gif. That would be a pretty bad reason to dislike a tileset.

Aw well. To each his own, I guess.

#8 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

I don't like Pure because it is too simple and the 0,0,0 black color in every Cset looks crappy. DoR is much more versatile and natural-looking.

Anyway, I see that DoR has a lot to promise. I can't wait till he finishes in 2009 or so.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(trucky5 @ May 28 2007, 06:56 PM) View Post

Is anyone as eager as I am to play Radien's new quest! I can't wait it looks so sweet!!!

Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm. I appreciate the interest. icon_smile.gif I'm sorry if it's been a bit of a wait.

I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but I do have another full quest out, even though it's not much like DoR. It's in my signature if you feel like trying it. I'm also planning on re-releasing it soon with some changes and improvements.

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jun 1 2007, 08:10 AM) View Post
DoR isn't looking good to me. It seems like it'll be too RPG-like, and knowing Radien it will be.

There's a limit to how RPG-like ZC can be, and I don't intend to push that limit too much. The main difference that could be considered RPG-ish is that I intend to have a prominent story. "Prominent," however, is relative to ZC, and it means about 10-12 cutscenes, plus NPCs that actually talk. I don't mean to have huge amounts of dialog, like in TP.

I'm sorry you don't like SD3 ground textures. I think they're great, personally.

IPB Image

...By the way, the word "ridiculous" doesn't have any E's in it. I don't mean to nitpick...it's just that it's the most frequently misspelled word on practically any forum I go to. icon_shrug.gif

Also, moving this topic to Custom Quest Discussion.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

I personally think that the SD3 textures look great. icon_biggrin.gif (what does SD3 stand for? icon_heh.gif )

Radien, is the DoR tileset update gonna be ready anytime soon? icon_puppyeyes.gif SoP would look much better with the SD3 grass textures. icon_wink.gif

#11 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Didn't you make a thread like this before?

#12 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Seiken Densetu 3, if I spelled that correctly. Awesome Action RPG for the SNES. icon_biggrin.gif

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

I'ma have to look that up. icon_heh.gif

#14 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:07 AM

You are welcome Raiden. I can't wait to play DoR! Personally, I think the tileset looks great. That's my opinion. Oh yeah and Raiden, if you mean Master Quest, I have already downloaded the quest and gotten about half way through. It's a great quest! icon_wink.gif

#15 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 1 2007, 06:45 AM) View Post

Dance of Remembrance? I've played one of his demos and I admit, it's pretty cool. Not so sure if it can surpass Hero of Dreams, but hey, it could happen.

lol

I agree with Sharondaniel a bit: Dor the quest isn't as impressive as everyone makes it out to be but DoR will be 10 times better than HoD. I am sure Hyrule fantasy and Lost Isle will be better than HoD too. HoD is a good quest but these new quests will surely beat the old masterpieces like MMDWR, HOD, HD and IOTW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users