Fragments of Power: Reimagined

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:24 AM

So, I released this quest a few days ago.

There was an issue with level 8 which is fixed in the new update.

#2 jackpat01

jackpat01

• Members

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:32 PM

I second about the issue in level five with the room where you can not get into.  I'm assuming that that is the room where you get the hook shot.  I was able to finish that level, without the hook shot, just had to take damage from the poisoned floor.

Thanks

#3 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:50 PM

The hookshot is in level 5. Do you remember the screen with 2 stairways? They both lead to different areas and I think one of them leads to the hookshot. You should go back for it - you'll need it later.

#4 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:01 AM

The hookshot is in level 5. Do you remember the screen with 2 stairways? They both lead to different areas and I think one of them leads to the hookshot. You should go back for it - you'll need it later.

Where exactly is it? There's one room I can't get into. Bombs didn't work and I can't walk through. I guess that's where hookshot is?

#5 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:02 PM

I'm not doing to a review until I finish this but I can tell you know that I'm having a lot of fun with it. I am loving your original bosses and the things you created such as life bar for those bosses. The game is pretty linear but I think that it had to be that for your overall design which I love. I overworld around the dungeons feel like a mini-dungeon, solving puzzles and finding things to get IN the dungeon (it reminded me of Skyward Sword). Inversely, the dungeon feel more overworldish since they're so open.

Edited by Lynel Richie, 06 August 2020 - 05:10 PM.

#6 jackpat01

jackpat01

• Members

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:55 PM

Where exactly is it? There's one room I can't get into. Bombs didn't work and I can't walk through. I guess that's where hookshot is?

I'm going to have to agree with derby77 on this one.  I followed the direction given to us by Malstygian about the two staircases.  The top one leads to the Boss key, and the bottom one leads to the room that I was reference in my first posting.  We get to a room that has a raft point in it, which leads to a platform next to the wall, but there is no where to go further.  I too have tried to bomb it, walk through it, and even use the flute, to no avail.  Don't know what else to try to get pass this room, and into the room where the hookshot is.

• Lynel Richie likes this

#7 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 August 2020 - 11:38 AM

I'm going to have to agree with derby77 on this one.  I followed the direction given to us by Malstygian about the two staircases.  The top one leads to the Boss key, and the bottom one leads to the room that I was reference in my first posting.  We get to a room that has a raft point in it, which leads to a platform next to the wall, but there is no where to go further.  I too have tried to bomb it, walk through it, and even use the flute, to no avail.  Don't know what else to try to get pass this room, and into the room where the hookshot is.

I'm there too. I think it's just an error on the minimap.

The hookshot is in the room just west of the room with the two staircases. You actually need to open the locked door on the east side of the room where you got the compass. 

Edited by Lynel Richie, 07 August 2020 - 11:44 AM.

#8 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:17 PM

I'm not doing to a review until I finish this but I can tell you know that I'm having a lot of fun with it. I am loving your original bosses and the things you created such as life bar for those bosses. The game is pretty linear but I think that it had to be that for your overall design which I love. I overworld around the dungeons feel like a mini-dungeon, solving puzzles and finding things to get IN the dungeon (it reminded me of Skyward Sword). Inversely, the dungeon feel more overworldish since they're so open.

Yeah. My goal when making the quest was to make it feel more like one of the GB titles. You enter a new area, you are taskdd with doing something, you get a dingeon key, you enter a dungeo, you get the scale. Repeat.

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying and hope I captured the feel of GB Zelda well.

Also, I've been meaning to review Bounds of Waterford. But I've been putting it off t9 work on my contest quest.

#9 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:36 PM

I'm currently stuck trying to find the red bracelet. 

#10 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:48 PM

You'll have to explore the lake area. Keep in mind there is more than one entrance to the lake.

#11 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:22 PM

Is there a trading sequence in this quest, or are the suggestive NPCs just red herrings?

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 10 August 2020 - 03:33 PM.

#12 Retro Gamer

Retro Gamer

The Game Master

• Members

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:46 PM

The game doesn't want to run and causes ZC to crash as soon as I try to upload the quest. Anyway to fix this?

#13 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:34 PM

Is there a trading sequence in this quest, or are the suggestive NPCs just red herrings?

There is. You have to find the first item hiding in the overworld. Let me know if you want a tip to point you in the right direction.

The game doesn't want to run and causes ZC to crash as soon as I try to upload the quest. Anyway to fix this?

I haven't heard of this issue. What ZC version are you trying to play it in? Cause this was made in 2.55.

#14 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

There is. You have to find the first item hiding in the overworld. Let me know if you want a tip to point you in the right direction.

I would like a clue.

#15 Retro Gamer

Retro Gamer

The Game Master

• Members

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:38 PM

I haven't heard of this issue. What ZC version are you trying to play it in? Cause this was made in 2.55.

Its 2.55 Alpha 28 July 2019 version.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users