Bounds of Waterford Help

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:09 PM

Having a little trouble finding Buck/Doe.  Can anyone help me out?  I notice there are a couple grey colored rocks that I can't push even though I have a bracelet.  I'm wondering if it's one of those.

[Edit] - And as usual, the act of posting here made me go find the answer by myself 2 minutes later!

Edited by congo23, 03 August 2020 - 01:19 PM.

• Lynel Richie likes this

#32 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:25 PM

Having a little trouble finding Buck/Doe.  Can anyone help me out?  I notice there are a couple grey colored rocks that I can't push even though I have a bracelet.  I'm wondering if it's one of those.

[Edit] - And as usual, the act of posting here made me go find the answer by myself 2 minutes later!

Ha. It doesn't look like any is having trouble with the lost woods there.

#33 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:35 PM

Ha. It doesn't look like any is having trouble with the lost woods there.

Honestly, I brute-forced that maze pretty easily. In revisiting, I see that the hint provided by the nearby NPC is a good one and the way the directions are laid out make good sense.

Anyway, this raft launch is pretty quirky and can result in the player getting stuck:

YvY5ULh.png

#34 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:25 PM

Honestly, I brute-forced that maze pretty easily. In revisiting, I see that the hint provided by the nearby NPC is a good one and the way the directions are laid out make good sense.

Anyway, this raft launch is pretty quirky and can result in the player getting stuck:

I guess it's obvious that it needs to end in the north.

That was not supposed to be a launch. It's where a path ends. Weird.

#35 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

That was not supposed to be a launch. It's where a path ends. Weird.

I figured that point is the termination of the raft path, but I can definitely launch from there as well. Launching from that point involves standing on the water edge on the screen to the east, stepping west, and pressing down during the screen transition. That method backfired on me one time and is how I got stuck ala the screencap.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 03 August 2020 - 08:16 PM.

#36 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:06 AM

I figured that point is the termination of the raft path, but I can definitely launch from there as well. Launching from that point involves standing on the water edge on the screen to the east, stepping west, and pressing down during the screen transition. That method backfired on me one time and is how I got stuck ala the screencap.

You know. I did do that once by accident but I couldn't do it again. I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks Bernie.

Edited by Lynel Richie, 04 August 2020 - 10:06 AM.

#37 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:01 PM

You know. I did do that once by accident but I couldn't do it again. I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks Bernie.

If you cross from one screen to the next and step on a raft path flags, you will travel the raft path even if you don't have the raft.

Just move the path to end one tile to the left and it'll work fine.
  • Lynel Richie likes this

#38 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 August 2020 - 08:03 PM

Hey Guys I'm not sure if this was looked at but after I beat some invisible enemies for the key in the creek it keeps on crashing.
I tried approaching from the top and bottom and it still crashes.

fkfvAFu.jpg

According to event viewer it looks like an access violation.
Faulting application name: zelda.exe, version: 2.55.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eff61e6
Faulting module name: zelda.exe, version: 2.55.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eff61e6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00113ba5
Faulting process id: 0x2780
Faulting application start time: 0x01d66de41bb17198
Faulting application path: C:\Games\ZeldaClassic2.55\zelda.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\ZeldaClassic2.55\zelda.exe
Report Id: 5f7d328e-a1a9-43b8-b2e9-f83482b17cd4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
I wonder if it's from a script or something that wasn't supposed to be there was removed (I did get one of those overworld keys from it though).

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 08 August 2020 - 09:00 PM.

#39 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 August 2020 - 08:25 PM

Hey Guys I'm not sure if this was looked at but after I beat some invisible enemies for the key in the creek it keeps on crashing.

I wonder if it's from a script or something that wasn't supposed to be there was removed (I did get one of those overworld keys from it though).

Oh, boy. I don't know much about that. I do know that I didn't write any scripts whatsoever. 

#40 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:03 PM

If that's the case, I'm going to try and see if it's a ZeldaClassic related issue by debugging the code (most likely null dereference or something).

#41 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:29 PM

What build of 2.55 are you on? The screen in question worked fine for me.

#42 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:15 PM

Looks like there's a new build and I'll try that out. I'm using Alpha 74, build 51.

Edit: It still crashes with Alpha 78, build 52.

Basically all you have to do, is beat a bunch of invisible enemies using the candle, and then get an overworld key, leave the screen, and come back.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 08 August 2020 - 11:24 PM.

#43 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:49 PM

fkfvAFu.jpg

According to event viewer it looks like an access violation.

Faulting application name: zelda.exe, version: 2.55.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eff61e6
Faulting module name: zelda.exe, version: 2.55.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eff61e6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00113ba5
Faulting process id: 0x2780
Faulting application start time: 0x01d66de41bb17198
Faulting application path: C:\Games\ZeldaClassic2.55\zelda.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\ZeldaClassic2.55\zelda.exe
Report Id: 5f7d328e-a1a9-43b8-b2e9-f83482b17cd4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I had a previous report of this problem, almost to the letter, and I was unable to reproduce it locally. The other user was on Windows 10, and I run Windows 7. If that is the single difference involved, then this ix extremely bizarre. It is also bizarre that it only apparently occurs after killing the enemies and collecting the key.

If you want to try to build 2.55 in debug, you want branch <2.55> of the github repo. At present there are no cmake build scripts for MinGW, only for MSVC. Robert runs Win10, so perhaps he might be able to reproduce the issue in debug.

Mind you, that my test was extremely direct. I used the cheat manager to give Link the lens, and attacked the enemies with a sword. It is certainly possible that something else in the quest is altering the screen; however, I was also given a .sav file of the game that supposedly crashed, and when playing that .sav slot, following an instructed path, on my end, it still didn't crash.

Please let us know if you build in debug. If you need a debug build, I expect that Robert has one available. If not, then I can build one and upload it for you.

#44 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:25 AM

@ZoriaRPG

It's been a long time. Been way too busy ever since I started working.

I just forked the repo, branched off 2.55, and am trying to build it, but CMake is complaining about that my architecture is AMD64 despite choosing Win32 as the build target (also using Windows 10, the Windows API is a bit different. Haven't digged too deep in the code yet).

This would probably be better if it was discussed on AGN (just saw some messages, I haven't checked in years), Discord, or something.

I was just a bit curious, it seems it would be an easy fix as long we could debug it in an IDE it and maybe make a PR.

If the Linux version is in "sync" with the Windows version (core logic is same), we could probably just use a core dump to debug, I don't think Windows apps core dump (to my knowledge core dumps are only generated on Windows after a BSOD).

It'll probably be better to discuss this offline (not in this forum).

Sorry to put this forum off-track, will probably try "tomorrow" (it's 1 am over here).

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 09 August 2020 - 12:38 AM.

#45 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:07 PM

Any tips for the Manhandla in the hookshot dungeon? I found the white sword on the overworld, but I only have 7 hearts :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users