Oracle of Ages

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

First off, no, this isn't a serious project. I just got bored while listening to Essence of Lime, pretty much. I've already learned my lesson about remaking Game Boy Zelda games, I'm just taking this as far as my boredom will allow.

So, yeah, Oracle of Ages. I really like it. I like it sooooo much, that I started remaking its overworld in ZC.

Here's some screenshots.

IPB Image IPB Image

For comparison:
IPB Image IPB Image

I kind of got the idea to have the present be done in DoR, with the past being done entirely in LttP or Pure. But I felt that that gimmick would start to get old pretty quickly.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Cool! I like it. And the present/past feature seems quite doable even, too. Good luck!

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

While I'd have preferred Isle of the Wind Fish (or whatever you changed the name to before it was cancelled) finished (seriously, that game was awesome), this is interesting as well. Best of luck to ya, if you actually finish it. If nothing else, when you get bored, you can salvage what you made into a spin off game (an OoA sequel or something to that effect).

#4 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Suddenly this is my new favorite quest.
I have always loved OoA, but I hated the dance part because it so hard to even do. icon_razz.gif

#5 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

This is awesome! OOA is my favorite of all of the gameboy zeldas. It has good plot, puzzles, and many more that I can't name. xD By all means, make this! icon_biggrin.gif Beta Link's boredom, don't die on him now!!!

#6 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Oh, wow, I wasn't expecting such positive comments! I thought everyone would be sick of remakes by this point. icon_razz.gif Thanks, everyone!

QUOTE(Sheik)
Cool! I like it. And the present/past feature seems quite doable even, too. Good luck!
About the present/past system, yeah, I'm not expecting that to give me too much trouble. The only time I can imagine it being a little tricky is, for example, with Symmetry City, where the changes you make in the past cause it to completely change in the present.

QUOTE(Russ)
While I'd have preferred Isle of the Wind Fish (or whatever you changed the name to before it was cancelled) finished (seriously, that game was awesome), this is interesting as well. Best of luck to ya, if you actually finish it.
Yeah, see, the main problem with Island of Dreams was that the whole thing got to be a huge unholy mess. When I first started work on it, my knowledge of things like layers and scripting were very limited. So I did things in a very asinine manner, leading to it becoming a confusing, convoluted pain in the arse to work on. I'm trying to avoid that here.

If nothing else, when you get bored, you can salvage what you made into a spin off game (an OoA sequel or something to that effect).
Interesting you should mention that, too, because I was thinking of doing something similar with Island of Dreams. Early on, I made an attempt to turn it into a third Oracle game, but ditched the idea because it was so half-assed. I figure if I do ever get around to finishing anything, I'll do that with IoD, but... ya know... right.

QUOTE(Fireblast124)
Suddenly this is my new favorite quest.
I have always loved OoA, but I hated the dance part because it so hard to even do. IPB Image
Dancing part? Oh, wait, do you mean the dancing mini-game in Subrosia to get the boomerang in Oracle of Seasons? I'm not remembering any dancing in OoA. icon_sorry.gif

#7 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I think OoA had a slightly different but inherently similar dancing minigame involving Gorons. To make it worse, it was required to complete the main quest.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Nov 27 2012, 10:20 PM) View Post

Dancing part? Oh, wait, do you mean the dancing mini-game in Subrosia to get the boomerang in Oracle of Seasons? I'm not remembering any dancing in OoA. icon_sorry.gif

Gorons. Gorons. Gorons, my friend. Also, everybody should go away because OoS is way better than OoA. OoS is the best Zelda game ever. Yep. But OoA still is cool because it tries to be OoS with another gimmick and story.

#9 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Nov 27 2012, 04:48 PM) View Post
I think OoA had a slightly different but inherently similar dancing minigame involving Gorons. To make it worse, it was required to complete the main quest.
QUOTE(Sheik @ Nov 27 2012, 04:55 PM) View Post
Gorons. Gorons. Gorons, my friend.

Oh.

... Oh...

... Shit.. Yeah, now it's coming back to me. Sweet Jesus.

Edited by Beta Link, 27 November 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Pretty interesting. I like. Good luck. I'm interested. icon_biggrin.gif

Edit - But ew, ALttP Link. I'd look into changing him, if I were you. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Jared, 27 November 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I like those subtle differences between Past and Present, good luck, it's looking nice so far!

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

The final level in OOA inspired my Ganon's tower sequence in Souls of Wisdom.

For those who played both OOA and SoW, chances are, you already knew that. Lol

Loved OOA, would definitely play the remake if completed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users