Release New Version New Version Omnius 2.53

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:37 AM

Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Release 1 (for Windows)
Includes ZLaunch, 2.6.12.

Changes Over Gamma 8

Added Arigatou/ path, and included files on request by contributors and core testers.
    Thank you to all testers and to all contributors.

Cleaned up the Cheat Modifier Key dialogue.
Added 20th Anniversary banner.
    ( ZoriaRPG, 3rd April, 2019 )

Full Changelog | [Sources] 2.53.0 (Release 1) Github Branch

My sincerest thanks and appreciation go out to all of the contributors, to all of the testers, and to all those who helped make this happen!

• ShadowTiger, Anthus, judasrising and 11 others like this

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:05 PM

Incredible news!  Tremendous thanks to both you and Venrob for all of the tireless nights spent fixing bugs and ripping out hair from places.  May your tenacity result in boundless joys. :kawaii:

You know, it's kind of funny. Between fifteen and twenty years ago, part of the fun in ZC was working around its innate limitations.  Everything was a puzzle, and doing something as simple as having two warps on a screen through clever use of insta-warps and side warps was a real achievement.  Now, we have nothing but potential ahead of us.  How times have changed...

If my hat came off, it would be tipped in your honor, and the honor of everyone taking up ZC once again because of this monumental release. 

EDIT:  While I'm at it, Happy Birthday to Venrob!

• Anthus, Jared and Deedee like this

#3 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

Thank you for release and hard work to make it Final....

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Congratulations! Thank you and well done.

#5 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:07 AM

Demoting stdWeapons.zh to "extras" folder seems to be a bad idea because on attempt to import directly via

import "extras/stdWeapons.zh"

results in the library being unable to find his sub-directory, which is also located in Extras folder, and error out. Moving the library back to ZC root folder or rewriting the main header file to call importing sub-libraries from Extras folder fixes this issue.

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

Demoting stdWeapons.zh to "extras" folder seems to be a bad idea because on attempt to import directly via

import "extras/stdWeapons.zh"

results in the library being unable to find his sub-directory, which is also located in Extras folder, and error out. Moving the library back to ZC root folder or rewriting the main header file to call importing sub-libraries from Extras folder fixes this issue.

Whoops. I had forgotten about that. I moved it there because numerous people said that it wasn't something that they wanted in the build at all, and I didn't want to just remove it, because some quests do use it routinely. It isnt really set up at all for the default files as-is, either, and the lifespan of these system-heavy deaders is limited by the 2.55 weapomn scripts.

I was actually wondering if you were going to port it to the new script mechanics. I may need to make an update to the release to fix one new issue that arose, from Bagel saving Q744 in 2.50.2. We really need a QR for the DrawBitmap fix not just version check handling. Once 2.53 has time to simmer, I will put out a service release containing that partch, and anty other issues that arise, including this one. 

Also note this new 2.55 feature:

compilersettings.png

#include paths. In 2.55, you can set extras/ as an include path, and then the paths will all resolve properly.

Did you resolve the issue with ghost.zh and ffscript.zh in your quest? If not, and you want me to look at it, you can ZIP it up and send it to me I'm pretty sure it's a mis-set constant for your tileset.

#7 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:14 AM

Did you resolve the issue with ghost.zh and ffscript.zh in your quest? If not, and you want me to look at it, you can ZIP it up and send it to me I'm pretty sure it's a mis-set constant for your tileset.

Here are ghost.zh constant settings used to fix bug with backdrops on enemies.

// Top-left corner of a 4x4 block of blank tiles
const int GH_BLANK_TILE = 300; // Min: 0, Max: 65456

// Invisible combo with no properties set
const int GH_INVISIBLE_COMBO = 406; // Min: 1, Max: 65279

And combo used for ghost.zh blank tiles in Classic tileset/module. 

Spoiler

Edited by Alucard648, 04 April 2019 - 07:14 AM.

#8 patrickab7

patrickab7

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:53 PM

I started a regular first-quest game and it has unlimited rupees.  Is it supposed to be that way?

EDIT:  Seems like it happens when you enter your name as LINK.

Edited by patrickab7, 08 April 2019 - 10:55 PM.

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

I started a regular first-quest game and it has unlimited rupees.  Is it supposed to be that way?

EDIT:  Seems like it happens when you enter your name as LINK.

Oh dear. It should only happen with a specific player name. The strcmp() must be wrong. It is not meant to be Link.

Update: Fixed in Release 2.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Release, New, Version, New Version, Omnius, 2.53

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users