Photo

Screenshot of the Week 243

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 243 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:29 AM

Lord Ike: Very nice.

Migokalle: Very nice town shot.

Rambly: Very nice use of BS graphics.

T. Platinum: Awesome looking boss!

I don't know who to vote for! I think I'll go for Migo because he did the castle town so well, and castle towns can be so hard to get right.

#17 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

I think Lord Ike's shot is one of the best shots I've seen in a LONG time. It really has great design, and the graphics are cool too. 9.8/10 *votes*

I fail to see what is so good about Migokalle's though besides, OOH! PRETTY WALLS AND PRETTY STANDS! PRETTY GRAPHICS! The screen itself isn't very good. The design isn't that great. And this is the castle town. Why does it look like nobody's lived in it for years? There are weeds growing out of the stones and rocks everywhere. You should use different ground detail. 4.2/10

You used the BS tileset good Rambly, but the problem is the left side of the screen. It needs to have more there, like more trees. You should close the corner too. Otherwise, it's a good 7.5/10

Platinum, your shot looks amazing. But does it play amazing? Was it hard to make? Sure it was probably hard to rip the graphics and set up the tiles, but there isn't much of a screen to look at. It's hard to explain what I mean, but I'm giving you two ratings. As a screenshot: 9/10. As a SOTW submission: 4/10. Don't get me wrong, it will be a good screen while playnig the quest, but there is no design invovled.

#18 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:12 PM

Lord Ike's shot is good... I personally like Ben's shot the most of all...

Lord Ike, the lower part of the screens is a little too low in detail, compared to the top. It's a good shot, but you need to work on the balance of detail.

Rambly's shot is great. I usually don't like BS shots, but the straight mountain ruins it a little bit... but not enough to make my opinion change.
Great work.

TP's shot is a good example of where design isn't actually something to rate.
THAT however, does NOT make it a bad screen. In a screen like this, the graphics is what you need to look at, and those are great.

Edited by Migokalle, 31 December 2008 - 12:14 PM.

#19 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hands down Migo.

Never before have I seen a shot that truly captures castle town life like this image. I think it could use a little more detail, but the awnings and booths, and different stuff going on is just great.

#20 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

Lord Ike - 12 votes = [27.27%]
Migokalle - 24 votes = [54.55%]
Rambly - 6 votes = [13.64%]
T. Platinum - 2 votes = [4.55%]
Total Votes: 44

Migokalle
IPB Image
Link looks at the ugly citizens of Hyrule Castle Town... he's gonna kill them, and replace them with better looking ones when he finds some. icon_smile.gif

Congrats Migo! icon_biggrin.gif Good shot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users