Photo

Screenshot of the Week 89

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

I really liked the way the water and trees looked in Jonathan's shot, so he gets my vote. icon_thumbsup.gif

#17 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

DarthExater- *votes*

Hergiswi- Pretty... lumpy? No offense, 'cause with more detailing, it could look great. Something strikes me as hilarious about how the bear's behind that tree, just laying there suggestively looking in the general direction of link.

Jonathan- Decent, I just don't like something about it though. :/ I've seen the trees before... why is a snow tree there right beside a normal tree?

Mr. Z- Absolutely love your shot. Just barely lost to Exate's.

Shoelace- I'm gonna assume you were trying to emulate the Dark World from LttP. It's water was grayish teal, not brown. :P

#18 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

yeah you might have seen those trees before
there ripped
i got em cause i like REALLY big trees
and thats not a snow tree thats a blue tree
snow trees have snow on em
ive also got red trees brown trees purple trees green trees orange trees i could go on but i wont

so that is a normal tree its just a blue normal tree icon_razz.gif

#19 Mowzr

Mowzr

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:17 AM

im a firm believer that water should be clear.

I'm a firm believer that one should learn proper grammar an not tak like dis all da time unlike its a comon typoe ya no lol.

All joking aside...

DarthExater got my vote, hands down.

Mr.Z, I think your's looks pretty good acctually. I'm also pretty fond of Shoelace's, but, well, DarthExater's boss just sorta impressed me, its odd, even though its a block I find it sorta original. And it looks fun. I'd like to say though, where is everyone getting this "eyecandy" from Jonathan's shot, I'm not bashing you Jonathan, but I just don't see it. I see jaggedness, a huge tree thats brighter than the rest of everything in that screenshot for no apparent reason and.. thats.. pretty much it. Just.. Don't see the "eyecandy."

Go Darth. icon_thumbsup.gif

#20 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:36 AM

The ever-so-wonderful Shoelace gets my vote. I would comment on the screenies, but, I am already almost completely sleeping... Maybe later, perhaps.

#21 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:46 AM

I voted for Johnathan, cause it not only looked good, but it looked different...all the shots this week looked great...this one just stood out to me...

#22 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:51 PM

Exate: Itsa Thwomp! (votes) Y'know, I use heart meters for my customs as well.

Hergiswi: How is that waterfall...

Jonathan: Nice water, but the screen is too open and the mountains & super-tall trees look bad.

Mr. Z: Pretty nice shot there.

Shoelace: That thing must've been built by the same guy as the Cerbat Shrine one.

Edited by zmaster, 19 May 2005 - 06:55 PM.

#23 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:17 PM

I voted for Jonathan's as well. True, the green bits are bit too bright, but that's the only thing I'd change, really. That sword sprite is pretty cool, too. icon_smile.gif

X8's is nice, but I don't really like that room design very much, particularly for a boss. Also, it would be effective if the block boss "expanded" at its highest portions, to look more 3D-ish. It might also be appropriate to make the walls higher, considering how big this boss is.

Herg's is alright, but that brush REALLY needs some trees and/or other stuff.

Mr. Z's is good, but I can see that a color had to be removed while recoloring those cliff tiles. I don't think they work well with the Pure palette, with its tiny selection of 3 browns.

This is actually the first time in awhile that I'm not too fond of Shoelace's shot... Those shadows kinda kill the screen, and the color of the water is bleh. I'm also not a fan of the Dark World, personally...

#24 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(Radien)
X8's is nice, but I don't really like that room design very much, particularly for a boss. Also, it would be effective if the block boss "expanded" at its highest portions, to look more 3D-ish. It might also be appropriate to make the walls higher, considering how big this boss is.

I would, but that boss is 109 screens. icon_neutral.gif

#25 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(DarthExater @ May 21 2005, 03:59 PM)
I would, but that boss is 109 screens. icon_neutral.gif

(in Strong Bad's voice) Holy Crap!

#26 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Sorry this is a late. Anyway...

DarthExater wins SotW 89. Congratulations. SotW 90 will be up in a second.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#27 KDillon

KDillon

Senior

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

when are you gonna release the game with the chuck block in it DarthExater i wanna play it so bad do you have a demo or something

#28 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

>.> im tied for 1st?people are still voting in this?
Adioboy you should PM DarthExater with your question
hes more likly to see it in a PM

#29 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

I've been meaning to send the first demo of SDR to the expo, but I've not gotten aroudn to it yet. I would release it now, but people in chat voted for the expo, so that's what it'll be.

LTM pushed it back a week thugh, due to the forums temporarily going down (I believe). Next time LTM gets online, I'll give it to him. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users