Photo

Screenshot of the Week 89

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

DarthExater
user posted image

Hergiswi
user posted image
Zelda never gets a break. =\

Jonathan
user posted image
im a firm believer that water should be clear.

Mr. Z
user posted image
I wonder how I can get rid of that huge flower...

Shoelace
user posted image
Stupid Bridge!

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

Good Shots! icon_biggrin.gif Johnathan's shot good, but I don't like the mountains.

I voted on PolygonX8.

ShoeLace is also good.

#3 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

Wow, these are some GREAT shots this week...
But I had to go with Jonathan's shot. I see the most originality and innovation in graphics and design... Wow. I think the trees really won me over the most.

Herg, why is there a black line on the bottom of your shot? Btw, not bad, but you're gonna need a bit more "pizzazz" to that shot.

All the others I like as well, too. Great stuff this week.

#4 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

Hmm, Jonathan and Shoelace pose as problems in this SotW! Jonathan has those damn nice tiles goin', Shoelace has the good design and the forest overlayer, and I got the boss.

But, who passes up a boss? Custom tiles, baby. icon_blah.gif

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

!!!

This is a pretty good week. I null voted, and I see that currently I have one vote. Yay! Anyways, Here is my two cents on this SotW:

DarthExater: The screen is good, I like it. The custom boss looks pretty cool and I think I know how to beat it. icon_razz.gif

Hergiswi: I am probably going to give it a try with this tileset one of these days. Anyways, the screen is okay. The layout needs work but it is good. I am still against animated screens though, and I am glad that only one picture this time is animated. Either way, I can tell you are getting better.

Jonathan: I am amazed and not at the same time. You know how to make great tiles, I'll give you that. The shadows and reflections are good. However, the screen is not pleasing for me for some reason. For some reason the way that the screen and water are, I just don't like it. I don't know, maybe I will change my mind later. But keep it up with the tiles!

Mr. Z: As always, you have good screens. I can tell that you are showing off the cliffs. They look good. Other than that, it is missing something.

Shoelace: I am just going to talk about my screen. Here Link is on his way to speak with the Hero of Light. However, before he gets there, he has to solve puzzles that are similar to the Hero of Light's mission. Thus, traveling between the Light and Dark world. This picture is a shot of the Dark World. Anyways, I got I'll stop right there. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, this as I said this is a good week and if I didn't enter, I would have voted for Darth, because his screen is put together rather well. Until next week, Chow!

#6 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:04 AM

okay will everyone stop calling me Johnathan,its Jonathan okay
null vote cause im in it
DarthExater
a square room with some lava and a cinderblock boss with eyes and a mouth(i never wouldve though of this boss>.>)
Hergiswi
very bright colors and the waterfal is falling from nowhere
and when i first looked at the map i thought it said Polio Village
Mr. Z
seen stuff like this all the time nuthin new
Shoelace
the shading is nice i guess,but the orange grass and brown waters kinda ruinded for me,still nice shot though

i actually had some trouble with my shot
when the waters touched green grasss some parts would turn bright blue and green
im looking for a new sprite and am happy to say ive thrown out the old mountains in favor of nicer ones

#7 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:06 AM

Mr. Z's is very visually appealing with an awesome palette... it's secksay.

Jonathan... nice custom tiles, but looks a little jumbly to me. @_@ Really, it looks a bit messy for my tastes. I just don't like it that much for some reason...

Exate, nice shot. Exate shows a detailed, brilliant custom boss.

Hergiswi's shot is bright and hurts my eyes. It's not anything new either... well, I suppose the custom tiles count. But still, it could be better.

Shoelace's is nice, not ground-breaking or anything, but refreshing. Still, I can see some time put into it.

I went for Mr. Z's.

Edited by Ben, 16 May 2005 - 04:08 AM.

#8 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

I'm voting for Shoelace. His shot seems the best looking. I like the grass and stuff. Polygon's boss really caught my eye too. It was close, and I went for Shoelace. icon_smile.gif

#9 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:49 AM

I'm a sucker for eye candy. *votes for Jonathan*.

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:13 AM

I null voted. I don't want to divide anything or anyone over a single vote. They were all good in my eyes. Everyone's shot was definitely deserving of a vote. Even the GBC set has its finer points. o_o

Good shots, everyone.

#11 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Jonathan)
DarthExater
a square room with some lava and a cinderblock boss with eyes and a mouth(i never wouldve though of this boss>.>)

I doubt you were annoyed by the shape, but if the room were more curved and had other parts sticking out, the boss would be harder than it already is.

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

I voted for Darth Exater. While I wish I could vote for Jonathan's, but there is one thing that bothers me. Since the screen is so dark, the cliffs (or I assume they are cliffs), don't feel right. I assume they look better with more detail, but I can't make much out.

#13 The Shifted One

The Shifted One

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

Jonathans screenie rocks the most, doubtless

#14 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

thanks shifted and.... icon_whap.gif i always wanted to do that to you icon_razz.gif
and yes LTM those are cliffs but ive thrown them away cause i didnt like em

shifted post here more ofted i like hitting you icon_whap.gif

#15 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:32 PM

I voted for Jonathan. I agree that water should be clear. and those trees... excellent. though, all the screenshots are awsome this week, in their own ways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users