Photo

Screenshot of the Week 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:07 PM

IaN
user posted image
Finally, a shot from me that's actaully in a quest.

lord_jamitossi
user posted image
A little teaser from The Silver Pendant, the quest I'm making.

Mr. Z
user posted image
Anything familiar? No? Take a look at the map. icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif
Note from Praethus: I think Z changed his shot before I downloaded it. That's why the caption doesn't fit. Z, if you want a new caption, let me know.[i]

Radien
user posted image
[i]Yes, even thirty feet above the ground, Deluge Temple is still just as wet.

Shoelace
user posted image
Link trys to find a way to get to the big chest

Ccc
user posted image
AHHHH, A beep GHOST!!! Oh no, I beep my pants.

DragonAtma
user posted image
The result of Atma's boredom: a dungeon with a definite snake motif.

Hero Link
user posted image
Wow, this brings back memories...

Ben
user posted image
Poor unsuspecting Link about to get hit by a fireball.

codelinker
user posted image

skateboarder11
user posted image

#2 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:15 PM

Mine is my favorite. As selfish as it sounds, I just like the way my shot looks more than any of the others. icon_shrug.gif

But, I'm not voting this round, because I entered. So, null vote for me.

I admit Hero Link's caught my eye by being extremely original. I almost voted for him. icon_smile.gif

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:18 PM

Too difficult to vote, great screens. Null vote.

And BTW DA, custom tiles look good, but that shot won't beat Prince. icon_razz.gif

#4 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:21 PM

I'm going to null vote. I will comment later. icon_biggrin.gif

#5 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:34 PM

Radien. There's a lot of subtle detail in all that darkness. Shows thought put into the design.

Code's is nice, but 1) I've seen the ship before, 2) credit rather belongs to Prince for the tiles, I believe, and 3) a ship so close to land like that just makes no sense. It has no motor, so it can't pull away from the cliff or go forward without hitting the cliff.

Ben's is nothing new.

Hero Link's is interesting, but not exactly impressive.

IaN's is quite nice, but all those tiles, I believe, are available in Orion's tileset (minus menu). So it's just a layout shot. Still pretty cool if the whole overworld has that good a layout.

Ccc, don't care much for the plastic-looking trees and the gridiness of the grass. It's pretty repetitive and just detracts from the screen.

DragonAtma, your snakes could use a bit of work, but the walls otherwise look pretty good. Watch out for the extreme grid patterns on the floor and in the water. Tiles should generally flow into one another unless they actually represent floor tiles. This is okay on your dungeon floor, but it is also rather noticeable in the water, and it makes it look less natural. Also, the blocks fail to stand out as three-dimensional objects. Some heavier shading might fix that.

Everyone else, I didn't find your shot worth mentioning.

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:39 PM

I voted for IaN's. though it has a couple custom tiles, the layout just looks better than the rest

I'd vote Shoelace's and Ben's for second

#7 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:03 AM

I second link3505, voted for Ian as I'm impressed with that whirlpool icon_smile.gif

#8 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:23 AM

Well this week I am going to null vote because I entered SOTW. Wow, this week it seems everyone has shot a few cannons. However, I thought that Prince was going to enter. I guess next time. Here is my scoop:

IaN: Well you are the master at the LTTP graphics I can you that. You really know how to put a screen together. However, it wasn't as good your other pictures, but who am I kidding, its great.

lord_jamitossi: I like the retro screen. Every nice custom tiles. If you put Mega Man in the screen it would seem if you were in SnakeMan's lair. icon_smile.gif

Mr. Z: Can't complain about this one. I actually really want to play this level. However, with this stiff competition it may be over looked. If you could show a hint of a little middle rail over the sand. icon_smile.gif

Radien: Well, you are very good at design, however, I liked your other pictures better. This scene would probably look better in motion, I don't get a lot from the screen. Still can't wait for the game though (waiting for ZC Expo to play demo) icon_biggrin.gif

Shoelace: Best Picture ever. How do you come up with these things. No really, this is a shot of my fifth level (the level that my demo will be over). There are three parts to the level: Passion, Life, and Knowledge. This picture is taken from the Passion part of the level.

Ccc: Hmm.. Cemitery Hill huh. I see a key hole, oh I solved the riddle. icon_lol.gif No really, this is a good picture, again, not as good as your other ones but good. You know what would be cool, if you have a black cat walking across the wall. Just an idea.

DragonAtma: I like the tiles. Wow. Well welcome to PureZC, and I can see that we will be seeing a lot of you. Maybe you can make the snakes on the walls have moving tonuges. icon_thumbsup.gif

Hero Link: Hmm... Don't believe I played this game. Joking. icon_cool.gif Anyways, nice rips, it looks exactly like the game. I also like the mushrooms. But I don't think it would be very playable, maybe a cool cut scene.

Ben: Nice shot, however, not a lot of variety. The water looks a little plain. Good but I don't think that it will get the vote.

codelinker: I like the bridge, I like the rocks, I like ship and I like the cute little butterfly, I mean...... Die betterfly Die icon_twisted.gif No really, this is a good shot. Great job. Maybe put the ankor down because the ship may sail away.

skateboarder11: The town folk, having a great time. icon_smile.gif I still think you need to take the picture in ZC instead on Zquest, in my opinion. Anyways, good job, however, the grass in the corner needs something.

Well there is my two cents. Hmmm. Why did I enter when there were a bunch of people entering. icon_blink.gif Beats me. Good luck to you guys. icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:07 AM

*Note: The caption is just right. But I don't remember putting "icon_razz.gif" in it though o_O*

Good looking pics this week, and two snake dungeons icon_razz.gif

#10 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:40 AM

:O PRINCE LIED!?! The horror. I guess he was kidding after all. I still would have liked to have had him enter. icon_frown.gif Null vote, since I entered.

If i had of voted, and didn't vote for myself, I would have went with Mr. Z. I dunno why, but I love those zols.

#11 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:11 AM

I voted for IaN. I don't have enough time to rate the posts right now, so when I get home tonight I'll rate all these. icon_wink.gif

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:54 AM

Great SOTW. But there's so many entries that I'm too lazy and busy to start "reviewing" them all. So I just say that IaN got my precious vote because of his fantastic layout. Hero Link was close... ah, the memories. icon_cry.gif

Hmm, looks like Prince is a big fat liar. icon_razz.gif Maybe he was too scared to enter.

#13 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

Ben, I love the island!, the water is nice(edges).*votes*

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

Ian:

Everyone seems to be going crazy over this shot, and it does look good, but I'm a little miffed that you keep dominating using out-of-the-box LTTP graphics. Especially since I know you're capable of making cool custom tiles that we rarely see, it seems.

Yes, the whirlpool looks nice, but it's just a standard 4-combo object in Orion's LTTP. icon_shrug.gif This screen definitely looks good, but it seems cramped... Also, I might point out that the water goes too close to the edge on the left and right sides of the pool (the vertical edges).

Jamitossi:

This dungeon still looks cool. icon_smile.gif This is a pretty well-designed screen, too. The only thing that gets me is that you've got a bridge going over the water and the lava... I hope you can explain how lava and water can be touching without resulting in something messy.

Mr. Z:

Hmm, alright... pretty solid screen. Good addition to your quest. Not much else to say... icon_shrug.gif

Radien:

Some of you are saying that this shot is a bit dark. Yes, it is. It's a dark dungeon, but it looks fine in the quest. It's a contrast thing. Dark areas don't show up well against Pure's bright green background. However, I lament that with all the rain you won't be able to see the canopy below the bridge, as well... icon_frown.gif

Shoelace:

Are those enemies wading in lava?... icon_odd.gif ...Hehe... that's an interesting effect. Fun, even though if my calculations are correct they probably aren't engageable in combat.

Nice lookin' shot! You know what I like about it? This room feels big. And everything about the tiles is used well. This is one of my favorites here.

Ccc:

Hmm... very few new examples of your well-known tiles here. And the layout doesn't really stand out. Eh... you've submitted better.

And it's spelled "Cemetary." I recommend spell-checking anything you're not sure of that goes into an actual quest, at least for important words.

DragonAtma:

Whoah, awesome dungeon tiles. icon_biggrin.gif Hehe, another snake dungeon, eh?... Well, if you made the walls and the snakes and the floor, this shot definitely gets a icon_thumbsup.gif. The only comment I'd make is that the doors are a little bit straighter than we're used to with the LTTP Zelda perspective.

Hero Link:

Oh-Em-Gee... is that actually in ZC?... I have no idea how this works... but it sure is a funny sight. Way to throw people off, heheh. icon_wink.gif

Ben:

Indeed, it's nice to see someone using some different water tiles. The trees and grass a pretty run-of-the-mill, though.

codelinker:

Indeed, the ship looks cool, but indeed, credit still goes to Prince for all the custom tiles shown off in this shot. And it seems that that's all this shot is for, since there isn't much new for layout. Also, plith is right: that ship is way too close to shore.

sb11:

Cool, you're using Ccc's new set. I see some good stuff there that he's made. The blue hedges are too bright; otherwise this is a good shot. ...But why is that man sleeping on the ground outside, and in the middle of a gathering no less? icon_odd.gif

Prince:

Where are you? Since SOTW didn't really need more entrants, it seems like this is either a big prank, or else you're in cahoots with Praethus on the whole scheme... icon_razz.gif

Some great shots this time, and I can actually say that in all honesty. I null-voted for fairness, but my vote would have gone to DragonAtma, with Shoelace in a close second for design. Shortly after that would be Lord Jamitossi and Ian.

#15 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:50 PM

I've been working on some stuff. And i haven't had as much time for tilemaking. But don't worry, if you don't see new tiles next week, you'll definately see something brand new the week after ^_^

I just use what I have for now. I don't want to go all out yet, because I only have about 12 screeens done in this area. Once i get it squared out, I'll add in the tiny details.

EDIT: But becuase you mentioned it, I'll go work on some more tiles right now.

Edited by IaN, 30 September 2004 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users