8 replies to this topic

#1 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Ice Golem

Description

These things should look familiar if you played Illusion of Gaia. Yes I made a ZC version as a boss. They walk about launching their rocket fist at you and firing lasers from their eyes!

Screenshots and Demo

Code

Script

Setup

First off, grab the sprites and import the script file. If you wish to use custom sprites he is 3x3 tiles however his hitbox is center bottom at 32x32 pixels.

Combos: Setting up the combos can be complicated as they use both A. X Skip and A. Y skip. Both of which should be 2. The first tile should be the top left tile of the first frame of the animation. ONLY set A. Y Skip if the animation is going to take up more then one row. For the actual combos they are arranged as follows Walking A. Speed 12, Shooting Fist A. Speed 6, Shooting Laser this one is 8 way. The directions are up, down, left, right, upleft, upright, downleft, downright. He uses 16 combos total.

Sprites: The enemy uses two different sprites for his Rocket Fist and Lasers. These need to be set and the number supplied to the enemy's attributes.

Sounds: These are constants, and are at the top of the script file underneath the import commands. Be sure to set these. I use LTTP Cannon for the fist and LTTP Tailwhip for the Laser.

Ice Golem Enemy...
Type: Other
Random Rate, Haltrate, Homing Factor, Stepspeed, and Hunger are used.
npc Attributes
1: Rocket Fist Step. Default 200
2: Rocket Fist Sprite. Default 88
3: Laser Step: Default 400
4: Laser Sprite: Default 89
5: Laser Chance x in 16: Min 1, Max, 16, if not set haltrate is used.
11: ComboID or number of the 1st combo of the 16 used by the enemy.
12: Script Number

Defenses: Must block any weapon that would stun him including boomerangs and hookshots. Is also impervious to clocks.

IMPORTANT: The screen flag Sprites Carryover needs to be checked, no exceptions.

Resources

Requires std.zh and string.zh included with ZC aswell as ghost.zh which can be found here.
The demo file contains the sprites and soundeffects I used.

Edited by Zecora, 13 January 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Still fighting the inevitable

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

This doesn't happen in the demo, but in my quest instead of shooting its fists the golem will vanish, then re-appear with a 3x3 grid of spawn puffs. I used the default values or the values from the demo in most of my settings.

#3 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Only thing I can think of is that sprites carry over is not checked in screen flags. Those have to carryover as does the ffc script. :)

#4 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Right. I knew that...

Speaking of which, why does this script require warping for the fist shooting?

#5 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

I spent 4 hours trying various methods to get him to animate correctly from the start of his combo's animation when he launches his fist. Unfortunately because of how DrawCombo works it is impossible to get a specific frame of animation. And Game->ComboTile isn't an option because there is no way to get the tics passed since the screen loaded. Also DrawGhostFFCs made this even more complicated. I also tried simply making then GhostFFC draw off screen and manually drawing the tiles from an array and when that didn't work I pretty much said screw it. Pulled out the big guns and used Link->PitWarp(), Refresh Animation on Room Entry, and Sprites Carryover.

tl::dr Cause the attack animation was rustling my jimmies instead of starting from frame 0 like it should. :(

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'm starting to think that your "big guns" solution is more trouble than it's worth. If you're charging a spin attack when he does his fist attack, your sword will get stuck on the ground.

#7 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'll tell you what. If you can come up with a solution to make his animation work correctly using combos and Drawing I'm all for it adding it myself. I just cannot figure out how else to go about it.

Edited by Zecora, 15 February 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#8 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Could you use a weapon/misc sprite?

#9 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hmm... that actually might work since we have plenty of those. I'll give it a shot tomorrow I'm going to bed soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Enemy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users