• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Spoiler

I basically need some help finding a name for this armless raptor-inspired enemy. They can be anything, be it a completely random fictional name, or something inspired by blah blah. It's up to you, just post your suggestions below.

(PS. It is okay to put humor into it. I mean, I have an enemy that looks like a tophat with a face, but don't feel obligated to do so.)

A little info on the enemy, and the combat gameplay it brings to the table:

This is the raptor. It's the first enemy I ever thought of for Inferno, because I have this weird fetish with utahraptors. I put raptors in almost everything I make, and why not, they're freaking awesome!

This enemy will be really dangerous. It'll actually be one of the more dangerous enemies that exist in the world of Inferno, due to their speed, intelligence and... ability to rip your guts out faster than you can raise the white flag. The raptor will run at high speeds towards you, and jump you when they get within range. They'll put their jaws around your neck or shoulders while ripping open your stomach and spilling your guts with the claws on its legs.

Sounds terrifying, I know... thing is, it gets worse. As I mentioned, they're intelligent. They will hunt you. They will hide in bushes, branches, behind rocks, anywhere possible, really. They will attack in formation (if there's multiple raptors) and fight you strategically, trying to break you down slowly unless they can jump you.

This sounds overpowered, I know. The thing about Inferno though, is that I don't want you to see an obstacle and immediately draw your sword. Besides, you won't see the raptors (usually), because if you're near them, they're hunting you. Like Robert Muldoon told Ellie Sattler in Jurassic Park, running is probably the best idea when faced with the threat of raptors. That doesn't mean you can't kill them though, but it's gonna be a little tricky.

Instead of tackling them head-on, you might run and set traps. Or maybe you'd rather trick them into running off a cliff, or finding other ways to use the environment against them. Fire is another option. You could smash a lantern, or simply use a want to conjure magic and trap the dinosaur in a fiery ring of doom. Either way, point is that you can kill them. It is possible to just charge them as well, but that's power that needs to be earned. Firearms are also pretty effective against the raptors, while bow & arrows can potentially scare them off, if they don't kill them.

Although they are badass, the raptors will be rather rare, so you're not gonna be spending all your time running from raptors. I do love raptors though... [/cliffhanger]

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

How about... RAPTOR!!! icon_deformed.gif

Or... JAGGI!!! icon_deformed.gif

... yeah I have no creativity icon_heh.gif

#3 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Fang

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

How about Rapetor? I mean it's an OP enemy that tears s*** up. Sounds like a fitting name...icon_razz.gif

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Reptar? icon_razz.gif

Keryan
Rerarp
Jaggert

Good luck!

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 7 2012, 06:18 PM) View Post

I have this weird fetish with utahraptors. I put raptors in almost everything I make, and why not, they're freaking awesome!

I love you. Er

Yeah, raptors. Completely amazing. Utahraptors especially; because like most things, raptors get even more awesome the bigger they get.

Anyways, onto name ideas. Scythe. Or maybe sickle. Cuz of their sickle claws... yeesh those things always terrified me. Regardless of what you name it though, it sounds like an incredibly interesting enemy that I'm looking forward to fighting.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Scythedon (SAHY-the-dahn)

Velocirapetor (vel-AH-seh-rape-tuhr)

Cruncher (CRUHN-cher)

Hellhastener (HELL-HEY-suhn-er)

Jawjaw (JAH-jah)

I'll try to think of some more, but that's a start.

#8 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Great suggestions everyone!

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Apr 9 2012, 07:47 PM) View Post
Scythedon (SAHY-the-dahn)

Velocirapetor (vel-AH-seh-rape-tuhr)

Cruncher (CRUHN-cher)

Hellhastener (HELL-HEY-suhn-er)

Jawjaw (JAH-jah)

I'll try to think of some more, but that's a start.
I love Cruncher, so I'm going with that for now. I might change it if I come up with something better though, seeing as while its jaw is fearsome, it's really the claws on its legs that's the most dangerous aspect of the animal.

The T-Rex-inspired creature however, will very much have a jaw worth running from icon_razz.gif More on that later though.

#9 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yoshi. . . . . . Oh Wait.

#10 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

How about Riptors?

#11 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

flashtors and fleshtors being the fast and strong varieties, respectively.

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

How about Steve? Steve is a pretty threatening name...Oh wait, Robin already decided on a name? Aww...icon_frown.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users