Yloh, I think you more closely share my pizza tastes than any other poster. (At least, I'd have the pizza you described before a lot of others here. Wow.)
With a traditional pizza, my favorite toppings would be pepperoni, jalapeños, and fresh tomatoes. Italian sausages and red bell peppers are also really good.
It's hard for me to bring up toppings I like in isolation because the best pizzas are particular combinations of toppings. To that end, here are some pizzas I've been known to enjoy.
- Pesto base, cheese, pine nuts
- Barbecue sauce base, cheese, Italian sausage, jalapeños (or green peppers), green onions
- Cheese, diced tomatoes, prosciutto, olive oil
- Any variety of olive
- Bacon (sorry)
- Chicken (it's better when not on pizza)
- Cheddar cheese
- Spinach (love it outside of pizza, but it burns too easily in a pizza oven)