some help

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#31 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

I am in level 11 with three keys but I cannot find a place to use them or my way to the boss, any help?

I guess I don't need those keys, I reached the boss without them and no boss key

Edited by Mister Snooze, 03 March 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#32 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

The keys should lead you to a door that houses the boomerang and another that hides the boss key. By the way, if you check my last post on this thread you'll note that level 11 is slightly broken in the older file and the new update (still processing) should hopefully fix that.

Another user reported this issue and I only figured it out myself a short time ago. As I said, I may just change all Dmaps to Interior-type to eliminate this confusion. If you perhaps posted a screenshot of the Dungeon Map (as shown by pressing the Map button) I might be better able to direct you as to where to go next. If you think that would spoil things for others, just use a spoiler tag. Meanwhile, the first update I loaded sat for four hours without reaching the database. No telling how long the next one will take...

Edit: By the way, that makes you the second person to slip through this loophole I accidentally left in the game. Once the update is available, such game-breaking should no longer be possible. And just to be fair, resist the urge to use those keys in later dungeons or go back to 11 and use them where you're supposed to there. This is why I'm eventually switching to all Level-Specific Keys...

Edited by ywkls, 03 March 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#33 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

The keys should lead you to a door that houses the boomerang and another that hides the boss key. By the way, if you check my last post on this thread you'll note that level 11 is slightly broken in the older file and the new update (still processing) should hopefully fix that.

Another user reported this issue and I only figured it out myself a short time ago. As I said, I may just change all Dmaps to Interior-type to eliminate this confusion. If you perhaps posted a screenshot of the Dungeon Map (as shown by pressing the Map button) I might be better able to direct you as to where to go next. If you think that would spoil things for others, just use a spoiler tag. Meanwhile, the first update I loaded sat for four hours without reaching the database. No telling how long the next one will take...

Edit: By the way, that makes you the second person to slip through this loophole I accidentally left in the game. Once the update is available, such game-breaking should no longer be possible. And just to be fair, resist the urge to use those keys in later dungeons or go back to 11 and use them where you're supposed to there. This is why I'm eventually switching to all Level-Specific Keys...

Yes I got the boomer without using a key, I am now in level 13

I assume Sunken City was level 12 it didn't say when I entered

Also I still have my three extra keys

#34 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

The block still isn't moving for me...

#35 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

Level 14: Killed some invisible enemies and the boss ,got the triforce but haven't finished the level. mmmmmm

#36 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

I got stuck here had to F6 continue. I'm on the ladder.

zelda049_zpscvxlbpdy.png

In level 16 I'm stuck in the doorway on the left you can't see me but I'm there. The enemies do start to move and I hate to say this but you can shoot them from the doorway even though I'm stuck. After you killed them you can walk into the room and your unstuck and can go on. Of course if I didn't have all my hearts I might not been able to shoot them.

zelda059_zpsoswuquss.png

Edited by Artistic, 03 March 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#37 vaualbus

vaualbus

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

For the last bug when i beta test the game i forgot to tell you the bug. Ah ah

#38 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

Another bug you can walk thru these near the walls

zelda160_zpsglosvepr.png

#39 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:01 PM

never mind  - deleted due to defunct mind

Edited by Mister Snooze, 03 March 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#40 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

2viowgg.png

well finally beat this great quest by ywkls, cant wait till the chapter of this series in the works

• ywkls likes this

#41 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Darunia congratulations on beating this quest.

Edited by Artistic, 04 March 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#42 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

Having trouble finding how to get to this stair, what am I missing. Never mind I got it

zelda163_zpsb4ep3oia.png

Edited by Mister Snooze, 03 March 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#43 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:56 PM

Another bug you can walk thru these near the walls

zelda160_zpsglosvepr.png

vaualbus noted this but I wasn't sure where all of the locations this was possible were. I'll probably begin adjusting them tomorrow. I know of two, so I've already fixed those.

I got stuck here had to F6 continue. I'm on the ladder.

zelda049_zpscvxlbpdy.png

In level 16 I'm stuck in the doorway on the left you can't see me but I'm there. The enemies do start to move and I hate to say this but you can shoot them from the doorway even though I'm stuck. After you killed them you can walk into the room and your unstuck and can go on. Of course if I didn't have all my hearts I might not been able to shoot them.

zelda059_zpsoswuquss.png

On that first screenshot, the only thing I can think of doing is to make the space between the water and the rocks a little longer. On the second... I thought for sure I had gotten rid of all of those particular bugs. I'll have to check over the quest (again) and upload new file tomorrow. I'm glad that people have enjoyed it. I should have a new update on the sequel within the next week or so.

Edited by ywkls, 03 March 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#44 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:18 AM

I got bugged out on the Kholdstare fight.  Managed to kill it and then the game froze during the explosions.  Happens all the time when I replay the fight.

#45 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

I got bugged out on the Kholdstare fight.  Managed to kill it and then the game froze during the explosions.  Happens all the time when I replay the fight.

I've sent a PM to the creator of that script to see if she can figure out why this is happening. Offhand, the only thing I can think of is to ask if you're using the latest version of Zquest.

In the meantime, I've corrected all of the doors that were causing people to get stuck (by basically eliminating the combos that were causing this to happen, then turning them into shutters)

I assume Sunken City was level 12 it didn't say when I entered

It should have said so, that is what is in the Dmap Intro text. Of course, it might have been hard to see with the underwater effects on. 

. I also went through the 17th dungeon and tried to make it where you couldn't swim or walk over the edge of the barriers. I won't know if I succeeded until somebody tries it out (like me).

If things work like usual, this update should be available later today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users